Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Just a few questions about gear bonuses

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Hi!
well ok to the post, I need to figure out a few things about the bonuses of gear and some spells and how they affect battle.
Damage: From gear? when does it kick in? for exp( stormblade, elemental blade, THEN gear? or some other way.
Hit chance: Is it a direct add on, or a actual percent bonus like ice plus 10% equal 88% or 90%?
Resist: Same as damage, when does it kick in on the calquation of damage taken?
Please if anyone can clear this up for me it would be a great respite to my head.
EDIT: Thank you all for clearing this up and posting a relpy!

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
arc1 wrote:
Hi!
well ok to the post, I need to figure out a few things about the bonuses of gear and some spells and how they affect battle.
Damage: From gear? when does it kick in? for exp( stormblade, elemental blade, THEN gear? or some other way.
Hit chance: Is it a direct add on, or a actual percent bonus like ice plus 10% equal 88% or 90%?
Resist: Same as damage, when does it kick in on the calquation of damage taken?
Please if anyone can clear this up for me it would be a great respite to my head.

1. The blades and traps go on and then damage from the gear is added.
EX. wild bolt hits 1000 + 40% from gear = 1400

2. Hit chance adds accuracy
EX. life has 90% accuracy + 10% from gear = 100%

3. It takes damage back from attacks (usally by a small amount unless ice)
1000 from wild bolt - 10% = 900

Hope this helps.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Damage bonuses from gear is calculated before anything else.

Defense bonuses from gear is calculated last.

Accuracy bonuses from gear is an actual percent bonus.

All these benefits are passive, meaning you do not have to do anything at all to get them (other than have it equipped) and are continuously active.

Delver
May 31, 2009
when you launch an attack your gear bonus gets applied first, then if you have up say a wildfire which gives a bonus to all fire spells. then whatever blade or weakness spell got put up first, then the next blade or weakness that got laid next until all the ones that can be used on this spell are used.

resistance as has been said comes off last

accuaracy is applied when you cast your spell for example you have +5% to accuaracy so your fire spell that is already 75% is now 80% understand?