Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crowns item chests are completely unfair

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
Ok so i have been playing the game for roughly about 2 and a half weeks now and my highest level player is a level 44 master diviner. I have worked really hard to level him and managed to get him the really good storm gear from Mooshu. Then i come to DragonSpyre. I had already seen DS before by porting to friends there and i didnt really like it much already. :-(
So anyway my friend asks me if i want to fight Malistaire. I say yes thinking that it would be really cool to fight the last boss and because i would need the stone rose.

I get into the dungeon and the first boss encounter was with the Fire Gurtok. He had a lot of health and was hard to beat but eventually he was defeated and my reward was his life ring. As a storm wizard with no intention so far of making a life wizard i was a little dissapointed but not too bad as i knew how long it takes to try and get gear you want off bosses, as i had done so for a long time in Mooshu.

Anyway i went in with 3150 crowns by the way. I had a go at using the Gurtok's crowns item chest and this is where i got very dissapointed. In Mooshu the bosses had Crowns item chests but i think they only dropped items from that boss so getting a pair of boots that are meant to come from General Firetusk is confusing and annoying. But it gets worse. I tried it out again only to find that it costs 50 more crowns every time. ( I knew this already though from the Mooshu crowns item chests) That is extremely annoying. I know from the point of view of the creators is that they want to make as much money as they can from the game but i think a system like the one in the crowns item chests is more suited to a Gambling Shop.

I tried the crowns item chest until i was down to my last 400 crowns and wasnt able to use it anymore. At the end i can't remember exactly what i had recieved from the chest but i remember getting 3 of the same object that i could probably find off the enemies in the streets of the game and they each sold for something like 300.

Sorry but after paying money for these crowns and then using them on these crowns item chests i dont expect to be getting items like that. :-(

I recommend that the crowns item chests be rechecked (by rechecked i also mean the item chest's like the ones at the gurtok's only drop items from the gurtok's) and given a better system. Because i for one do not expect to get an item i could probably buy for a couple of hundred gold at a shop to be in a crowns item chest. :-(

I dont want the crowns item chests to go all together though because i actually really like the idea.

Defender
May 24, 2009
I know how you feel! :( I tried one of those chests to see if i would get something nice from the boss. I didn't know what i was thinking, i tried it twice and it gave me the same thing twice. Then i wanted to go for one more try and this time i got a box of chickens! :-o I was very mad and disappointed and after that i never trusted those chests. A lot of people complain about this second chance chests but has been done to fix this! But i also thought for a second and remembered that they said it was like fighting the boss again. So shouldn't we be getting more than an item? Instead we only get one item and when we actually fight the boss we get a regreant and some stuff. I am not sure if these chests are fair but i am never using them again! :P

Survivor
Mar 07, 2010
I personally have stopped using those treasure chests because I find the items unsatisfactory. Simply do not use them if you don't like what they offer.

Historian
May 15, 2009
I NEVER use them i only did once with meowiarty's chest and did get what i didnt know he had a amulet with a satyr card in it
though i only used it once so dont really understand the way the chests work but i would stay away

Defender
May 09, 2009
well i understand a lot but a lot of times it works. i fought malistair once and used about 600 crowns on the chest and didnt get any robes so i left. the next day i went back and instead of the price still being high it was back to 50 (i really like this cause that means you dont have to spend all of your crowns.) well i started throwing in crowns and i did it about five times and i got five robes. i got to balance robes a fire a myth and a death robe.

so what i'm trying to say is throw in about 500 or less crowns come back the next day and try again and you might get lucky.

Historian
May 15, 2009
conorjak7 wrote:
well i understand a lot but a lot of times it works. i fought malistair once and used about 600 crowns on the chest and didnt get any robes so i left. the next day i went back and instead of the price still being high it was back to 50 (i really like this cause that means you dont have to spend all of your crowns.) well i started throwing in crowns and i did it about five times and i got five robes. i got to balance robes a fire a myth and a death robe.

so what i'm trying to say is throw in about 500 or less crowns come back the next day and try again and you might get lucky.

dont do that!
i asked around today and my friend ( a level 50 grand master ice)
suggested you only spend 150 crowns in each trip to the great spyre
you farm malistaire looking for his robes while spending 150 crowns on his chest that = 2 items
this helps u save crowns and still have a decent chance to find his robes
my friend got malistaire'ks wrathful wraps 10 times in a week ( no joke either, he has them all in different colors to prove it)
so thats his strategy

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
77296 wrote:
Ok so i have been playing the game for roughly about 2 and a half weeks now and my highest level player is a level 44 master diviner. I have worked really hard to level him and managed to get him the really good storm gear from Mooshu. Then i come to DragonSpyre. I had already seen DS before by porting to friends there and i didnt really like it much already. :(
So anyway my friend asks me if i want to fight Malistaire. I say yes thinking that it would be really cool to fight the last boss and because i would need the stone rose.

I get into the dungeon and the first boss encounter was with the Fire Gurtok. He had a lot of health and was hard to beat but eventually he was defeated and my reward was his life ring. As a storm wizard with no intention so far of making a life wizard i was a little dissapointed but not too bad as i knew how long it takes to try and get gear you want off bosses, as i had done so for a long time in Mooshu.

Anyway i went in with 3150 crowns by the way. I had a go at using the Gurtok's crowns item chest and this is where i got very dissapointed. In Mooshu the bosses had Crowns item chests but i think they only dropped items from that boss so getting a pair of boots that are meant to come from General Firetusk is confusing and annoying. But it gets worse. I tried it out again only to find that it costs 50 more crowns every time. ( I knew this already though from the Mooshu crowns item chests) That is extremely annoying. I know from the point of view of the creators is that they want to make as much money as they can from the game but i think a system like the one in the crowns item chests is more suited to a Gambling Shop.

I tried the crowns item chest until i was down to my last 400 crowns and wasnt able to use it anymore. At the end i can't remember exactly what i had recieved from the chest but i remember getting 3 of the same object that i could probably find off the enemies in the streets of the game and they each sold for something like 300.

Sorry but after paying money for these crowns and then using them on these crowns item chests i dont expect to be getting items like that. :(

I recommend that the crowns item chests be rechecked (by rechecked i also mean the item chest's like the ones at the gurtok's only drop items from the gurtok's) and given a better system. Because i for one do not expect to get an item i could probably buy for a couple of hundred gold at a shop to be in a crowns item chest. :(

I dont want the crowns item chests to go all together though because i actually really like the idea.

something thats even worse now when i did it on plague oni because i want his ice wand i used a lot of crowns and only got gold i mean seriously >:(