Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Encounters.

AuthorMessage
Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Hello wizards ^.^

I have attempted to say something about this a long while ago, but I want to bring it up again, and it is something that I would perhaps want to bring up to KingsIsle.

Random encounters give such little experience, that it makes it downright frustrating to enter an encounter while doing quests.
It also makes it completely pointless to enter a random encounter in the first place, unless you happen to farm items.

I am a grinder. I enjoy taking my characters (any character I like, in any RPG) and simply grinding with them in random encounters.

I especially enjoy Wizard101 encounters, and I enjoy watching them even more.

Instead of doing nothing but quests after quests after quests after quests after quests for the core experience of the game, I think it should be made an option to gain and equal amount of experience from simply participating and fighting in random encounters.

I am not saying to increase the experience points gained to such high levels that it will become too easy, or too quick to level, I am suggesting that the experience is increased a bit more to make grinding an option to those that don't want to do endless quests.

My definition of grinding: For the majority of the level, fighting and engaging in random encounters for the experience needed.

As it currently stands, at level 30, you'd need to engage in like.... *does some quick, wanna-be math... 300 or some random encounters for one single level.

How much time does that take when playing Wizard101? A long, long time. I realize that in some games, you'll have 300+ encounters just for one single level, but those encounters are battles that are quickly fought and over with. Much like a speed-grinder.

I also realize that 'grinding' is not something everyone does. Most people to me seem to prefer questing.

Let me know your opinions, it has been such a long time since I brought up this subject, I am not sure anymore whether this was something that could even be considered.

Defender
Apr 10, 2009
Shiningfantasia wrote:
Hello wizards ^.^

I have attempted to say something about this a long while ago, but I want to bring it up again, and it is something that I would perhaps want to bring up to KingsIsle.

Random encounters give such little experience, that it makes it downright frustrating to enter an encounter while doing quests.
It also makes it completely pointless to enter a random encounter in the first place, unless you happen to farm items.

I am a grinder. I enjoy taking my characters (any character I like, in any RPG) and simply grinding with them in random encounters.

I especially enjoy Wizard101 encounters, and I enjoy watching them even more.

Instead of doing nothing but quests after quests after quests after quests after quests for the core experience of the game, I think it should be made an option to gain and equal amount of experience from simply participating and fighting in random encounters.

I am not saying to increase the experience points gained to such high levels that it will become too easy, or too quick to level, I am suggesting that the experience is increased a bit more to make grinding an option to those that don't want to do endless quests.

My definition of grinding: For the majority of the level, fighting and engaging in random encounters for the experience needed.

As it currently stands, at level 30, you'd need to engage in like.... *does some quick, wanna-be math... 300 or some random encounters for one single level.

How much time does that take when playing Wizard101? A long, long time. I realize that in some games, you'll have 300+ encounters just for one single level, but those encounters are battles that are quickly fought and over with. Much like a speed-grinder.

I also realize that 'grinding' is not something everyone does. Most people to me seem to prefer questing.

Let me know your opinions, it has been such a long time since I brought up this subject, I am not sure anymore whether this was something that could even be considered.

lucky, when you get to DS it is 1000+ of 5+ minutes of battleing :?

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Lol, omg, yea. Terrible. How many quests in a row would that take?!

It is truly too bad as to how it is. I really enjoy fighting encounters and participating in battles. (Participating as opposed to actually engaging and started the fight would of course only yield pro-rated experience.)

I just find it incredibly boring, and then of course tedious, to have to do nothing but quests. Sure, some quests make you kill monsters, and some make you run errands and such, but, I am tired of doing quests! xD

I believe the reason I quit the first time was the fact that it was nothing but quests and quests and quests. I had done them before on my storm wizard, and all I was doing was simply "repeating" them with my Myth wizard.

I am really hoping that KingsIsle would make grinding an option, that way, we grinders can actually enjoy the battles even more. (And in the end, is grinding not the reason we grinders are able to so easily stock up on money and equipment? ^.^)