Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

its really just sad

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 11, 2009
one day i was bored (such a commonly used word in society, dont u think?).
so i decided to check out the message boards. since pvp is sumthing of interest to me, i decided to go to this division of the message bords first. to my dissapiontment, there was absolutely nothing but complaints on it. so i decided to try sumthing. i made a thread on a pitiful common pvp comlaint, and one about ur greatest moment in pvp. i started them and gathered results from them on the same days (march 4 to march 22.sumthing along those lines.) can u guess which had more views and responses?complaint.

wut im trying to say is, ppl come on to these message boards, sit down and start complaining and looking at complaints. i thought message boards were supposed to be fun! come on guys! chill! how is anybody supposed to have fun complaining? its a game 4 crying out sideways.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Popman98 wrote:
so i decided to check out the message boards. since pvp is sumthing of interest to me, i decided to go to this division of the message bords first. to my dissapiontment, there was absolutely nothing but complaints on it. so i decided to try sumthing. i made a thread on a pitiful common pvp comlaint, and one about ur greatest moment in pvp. i started them and gathered results from them on the same days (march 4 to march 22.sumthing along those lines.) can u guess which had more views and responses?complaint.

wut im trying to say is, ppl come on to these message boards, sit down and start complaining and looking at complaints. i thought message boards were supposed to be fun! come on guys! chill! how is anybody supposed to have fun complaining? its a game 4 crying out sideways.

I see complaints on this board too! I can't believe I used to write them! :(

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Hey, it is for debating, too. Just some of those debates go too far. Yes, there are many complaints. BUT, they are debating about their subject. Saying what they think on the matter, why it should go, and asks other people what they think. Some go too far, yes. But others are matters of opinons and getting other opinons. It just depends on how the poster treats it.
However,
some DO need to get a life, look at the pros and cons, and be done with it. If there are so many complaints, they really shouldnt be playing this game, ya know? Gets them too stressed about a GAME! If you hate it THAT much, stop complaining and be done- give us a break of your whining!

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
Popman98 wrote:

If you looked at enough of the complaints you might of seen some of my posts. I'm trying to get those people to stop but.... some folks just like to complain.

I was wondering... could you make a post on "Open your eyes and see..." please?

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
Hey, it is for debating, too. Just some of those debates go too far. Yes, there are many complaints. BUT, they are debating about their subject. Saying what they think on the matter, why it should go, and asks other people what they think. Some go too far, yes. But others are matters of opinons and getting other opinons. It just depends on how the poster treats it.
However,
some DO need to get a life, look at the pros and cons, and be done with it. If there are so many complaints, they really shouldnt be playing this game, ya know? Gets them too stressed about a GAME! If you hate it THAT much, stop complaining and be done- give us a break of your whining!

then maybe we should have to message boards. one for people who want to have fun, and one for the politics who take games waaaaaaay to seriously. :P

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
Merekid wrote:
Popman98 wrote:

If you looked at enough of the complaints you might of seen some of my posts. I'm trying to get those people to stop but.... some folks just like to complain.

Oh, GOODNESS, i thought I was alone in this opinion. Glad you guys see. It's very frustrating. :(

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Popman98 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
However,

then maybe we should have to message boards. one for people who want to have fun, and one for the politics who take games waaaaaaay to seriously. :P

yah really

Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
I saw your post on my topic "PVP Helpful Tips". I made that topic to get people off of arguing over PVP, and to help those who are struggling. And I'm just as tired as you of seeing complaints on the PVP board. People really do take this game too seriously. I try not to. I guess my post won't be as popular as the people who seem to care about COMPLAINING will be (oh gosh i'm overexplaining it )

I really hope people will stop complaining and actually post a really NICE topic for once.

Thanks,
Kaitlyn IceRiver
Lucas LifeGiver (as I said before, I made a boy for fun )

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
Merekid wrote:
Popman98 wrote:

yes,i already made a post there.

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
1. I post on "Open Your Eyes and See..." all of the time too

2. I now just try to avoid those types of threads

3. I must admit if you have seen the thread "Storm School Worst School to Have..." that was me who started it. Though if you look at the rest of the posts by me I explain more of my point in the thread. It is NOT a complaint to me it is just a problem that needs to be fixed if they ever have the time.

4. I am also the thread starter of "Life Henchman a ripoff?" that is the same case as my other one. It is about a problem that needs to be fixed a.s.a.p.

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Popman98 wrote:

I just realized something and if you go to "open your eyes and see" I say the same thing I am now... We are complaining right here right now. We are complaining about how much people complain. So I think we should just stop talking about the subject, keep the comments inside of are heads, and make the message boards a better place!!!

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
ThePieMaster wrote:
Popman98 wrote:

I just realized something and if you go to "open your eyes and see" I say the same thing I am now... We are complaining right here right now. We are complaining about how much people complain. So I think we should just stop talking about the subject, keep the comments inside of are heads, and make the message boards a better place!!!

lol

i said that exact same thing on "open ur eyes and see..."!
:P

Delver
May 31, 2009
you picked PvP so you were asking for it. everyone likes to win and beating monsters is so cool then people step into the areana and get kicked where it hurts, then in order to justify their loss either call what the other person did cheating or want to disallow whatever spell they used to win. and since they cannot actually yell, whine, and complain to the other player they post here.

however i have recieved and given loads of help to other player, from telling them how to find yardbirds to aranging a meeting with them and helping with quest. i find this forum very useful and helpful.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
I mean I can see what you mean and all, but this is also a place where people can share their ideas so their heads dont litterally EXPLODE!!! I have shared some of my complaints on this so I will know if other people see what I see, so I know I'm not crazy!!!!

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Message bored are meant to talk about the game, game ideas, suggestions on fixing the games, and expressing feelings baout it
complaints are expressing and suggestions

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
h2ulgsyd wrote:
I mean I can see what you mean and all, but this is also a place where people can share their ideas so their heads dont litterally EXPLODE!!! I have shared some of my complaints on this so I will know if other people see what I see, so I know I'm not crazy!!!!

Thats not a problem to me, whats a problem is that you guys emphasize your points too much! You guys overexaggerate! I'm sick of it! First you make a point (possibly a true one) and then you make it into something its not!

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
h2ulgsyd wrote:

Thats not a problem to me, whats a problem is that you guys emphasize your points too much! You guys overexaggerate! I'm sick of it! First you make a point (possibly a true one) and then you make it into something its not!

see?! iamlezul has nailed it. its the constant exaggerated, unreasonable, unlogical, un-thought-through little "get rid of wild bolt or i quit!" and "judgment should be taken out of the game" and "treasure cards are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo not fair" that REALLY gets on my nerves. i have no problem with actual "debating", but i'm sorry, what i see on these message boards is the farthest thing from it!

if there's anything i've learned in life, its extremism is never the answer.

Wolf Deathcaller 50 death
Jared Stormblade 50 storm

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
Popman98 wrote:

Actually the main reason there are even any message boards is to highlight complaints and errors in game. The reason the pvp one has the most of these complaints is simply because its the most corrupt ssytem in the game. Think about it.

Very early players of the game get to warlord.

This gives them better pvp armor therefore upping their chances of winning.

The majority of the time they will get to fight anyone from warlord to knight and maybe even all the way down to private (my rank thanks to these warlords).

The system tries to get you to fight people within 5 levels of your level either way. It also tries to get a player along the same rank and points you have.

If it can't find anyone it widens the search therefore giving you a higher chance of ending up fighting warlords. There are probably about 2 warlords/commanders per a low level (1-10) in ranked arena. So the majority of the times you can't find a pvp enemy around your rank and level your gonna be fighting warlords.

How do you expect these people to ever move up rank with a system like this? On top of that i have noticed that when the warlords/commanders win, you lose a considerable amount of rank points i lose anything from 20 to the maximum of 35 when i lose to them. However, occasionally when i actually get an enemy the same level as me and i am to win, i end up gaining maybe at maximum 15 rank points. The pvp system isn't really pvp at all. Alot of grandmasters pvp because they beat the game and they find doing more of the same storyline incredibly boring. But alot end up with terrible ranks thanks to these warlords and commanders. There are plenty of other Mmorpg's out there and i am willing to quit this one if one of the main reasons i play has become this corrupted and i think i am also right in saying that alot of other people would do the same.

All the above applies in pvp matches ranging from 1v1 to 4v4.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
ThePieMaster wrote:
Popman98 wrote:

But there is a difference. This is "good" complaining. The complainy complainer's complaints are "she said and he said and that did and this did and i want this and that and blahblahblah" all "bad complaining". At least WE are trying to do something about it by "complaining" about complainer's complaining to try and stop everyone from complaining! You have a point, and I see that, but its really choosing sides on the matter. Join the complainers or try and stop complainers EVEN if we are "complaining", too.

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
ThePieMaster wrote:
Popman98 wrote:

But there is a difference. This is "good" complaining. The complainy complainer's complaints are "she said and he said and that did and this did and i want this and that and blahblahblah" all "bad complaining". At least WE are trying to do something about it by "complaining" about complainer's complaining to try and stop everyone from complaining! You have a point, and I see that, but its really choosing sides on the matter. Join the complainers or try and stop complainers EVEN if we are "complaining", too.

Thanks IamLezul. I'm glade to see someone both understands what is being done, and wants to defend it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With war comes death,
With love comes life,
With peace comes progress.
Help to build a better and more advanced world by working together.

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Hmmm... not nessesarly (don't know how to spell) this has gotten out of hand and so just like everything else we are fighting. So in a way you are right but in a way you are wrong... If we are complaining about complaining doesn't that make us hypocrits (don't know how to spell) meaning we are saying something that is bad and then doing it ourselves. So really it IS bad complaining... I guess...

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
ThePieMaster wrote:
Hmmm... not nessesarly (don't know how to spell) this has gotten out of hand and so just like everything else we are fighting. So in a way you are right but in a way you are wrong... If we are complaining about complaining doesn't that make us hypocrits (don't know how to spell) meaning we are saying something that is bad and then doing it ourselves. So really it IS bad complaining... I guess...

But logically, we are doing something "good". Fighting fire with fire isn't always the answer, I agree, but letting it flow doesn't do anything about it, either. Then it just gets bigger and bigger and soon the whole world is in toxic ashes. According to me, that isn't going to solve anything. I mean, its hard to let it go and make it stop getting on your nerves. When the smoke starts coming, its hard not to smell it, if you know what I mean.

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
I do agree more now fighting fire with fire is definetly not the answer but neither is complaining. What I am saying is that we should calm everything down a bit and either let KI handle it our have ourselves fix it. Oh and for the toxic ashes part well letting it flow is not my point either. My point is that we need to settle down and stop yelling at each other like crazy... We will probably never be able to let it go, yes, but, we can ease out of it by say well it's hard to explain so maybe later but for now I think I am done.

"I'll be back" and Arnold says...

Scarlet Shadow

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
o dear. it seems that my post has caused much controversy. for even now we have "complainers over complainers who complain about complaining".
a paradox, indeed. for the ppl who are pointing out we are hypocrits(i cant spell either :P ), u have an excellent point. for the person who said that this is a good kind of complaining, you also have a good point. i see both ends of the argument. when i started doing resarch and made this post, i wasnt really thinking. i was tired (like always), i was fed up with complaints, and i just wanted to make a point. i didnt think that message boards were also for debating, so i apoligize.
HOWEVER,(everybodies favorite word) there is a line.
and many, many many many, have found and crossed it. heres what caused this post.
"get rid of wild bolt or i quit!"
"treasure cards should be removed from pvp!"
"judgment should do waaaaay less damadge!"
"my grandma got ran over by a camaro!" ... wut the... oops, wrong quote.
erm, yea.
do you guys get what im tryin to say hear? when it gets unlogical and stupid is when the compaining gets on my nerves.
ok, said my part.