Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Marleybone the Worst of the Worst?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
When I finished Krokotopia I was so exited to getting to marleybone. Now that I can go there, I just think it's a load of rubbish. Could people please submit if they like MB (why) and what there favourite world is (or what world you can't wait for). 8)

Here are reasons why I hate MB:

1. Very hard

2. Very little quests

3. Getting pulled in battled unawares very often

4. Monsters very hard :x

5. Very long :|

What up with that? :-(

thats just a few!
so well my message is LOW LEVELS BEWARE!!! :-( :-( :-( :-(

Defender
May 24, 2009
Just to say, i don't hate MarleyBone, just hate the roof tops! :P Its not very hard probably you are a low level in that place, most of my wizards started MB at level 25 and had no problems. There is a lot of quests in MB, i am guessing you skip all the side quests cause you think there hard. And if you say there is little quests then why do you say its long? :P

Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
:first of all i though marleybone was hard but BIG WHOOP i love it now since i beat marleybone and it has nice clothes and is not slow on my computer :) :) :) :) :)

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
People have opinions.

But you have a point. I agree.

I was glad to leave, and wanted to never go back.
But, the reason this happens is posted in one of my other messages, but I will repeat:
In MS you should be at least level 35, for the gear you need to be 35+.

This is why most do not like MB.

Hannah Dragonsword, 39 fire

Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
OK... maybe I was a bit harsh on MB, it is the rooftops only that I hate and I just realized that there are quite a few quests in Hyde Park, but the monsters are hard (especially Nimah the wicked; a boss for the ice quest where you can't call in friends) but anyway, MB is still my worst world.

Jacob Ghost Whisper level 31 Magus thaumaturge

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
rudi8102030 wrote:
OK... maybe I was a bit harsh on MB, it is the rooftops only that I hate and I just realized that there are quite a few quests in Hyde Park, but the monsters are hard (especially Nimah the wicked; a boss for the ice quest where you can't call in friends) but anyway, MB is still my worst world.

Jacob Ghost Whisper level 31 Magus thaumaturge

It is my least favorite world, too.

Check my, "Marleybone Smile?" Topic.

Hannah Dragonsword, 39 fire

Survivor
Dec 11, 2009
i go through the entire game decent normal speed. i go to marlybone and its slower then anything ive ever seen. i cant stand the place. besides that its not that bad a place.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
haha i am not even lvl 30, i am in big ben right now and it is easy, i soloed everything except katzenstien, with a lvl 33 i am a necromancer

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
rudi8102030 wrote:
When I finished Krokotopia I was so exited to getting to marleybone. Now that I can go there, I just think it's a load of rubbish. Could people please submit if they like MB (why) and what there favourite world is (or what world you can't wait for). 8)

1. Very hard

2. Very little quests

thats just a few!

I don't get where everyone get's the very little quests stuff. Marleybone has the most side quests by far, with more then double of Wizard City.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2010
I just got to Marleybone and I love it here! My favorite world so far.
I love this theme - the mobster/mafia type atmosphere, dark alleys, roofs, British English, buildings, etc. I just enjoy being there :) Also, to me Marleybone monsters are the best! They have personalities. Just look at those cats - they are real thieves...

I finally got access to Chelsea Court today, and I am looking forward to doing all the harder quests. I think if everything was easy, or even the same difficulty, the game would be boring. Quests have to get more challenging as we progress, otherwise there is no point. Yesterday I thought Gearhead (from the quest that you have to complete to go to Chelsea) was impossible. Today I beat him by myself, made it with 8 life left :) By the way, if you take your time and move carefully, they won't pull you into the fight. Just go behind their backs.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
If you are SMART you dont get pulled in very often. Personally I am starting to like Mb when I am not on a slow computer. It is the beginning of good drops. Some of it's quest are super easy too. chasing after meowiarty is one of the easiest quests of all

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
rudi8102030 wrote:

1. Very hard

2. Very little quests

thats just a few!

LOW quests? I'll bet it has almost more than mooshu!

Survivor
Feb 16, 2010
umbreon32 wrote:
rudi8102030 wrote:

1. Very hard

2. Very little quests

thats just a few!

LOW quests? I'll bet it has almost more than mooshu!

dude marlybone is grousume and mooshu is much better marleybone is for those people that liketo be on rooftops and in the mafia. it is THE worst world i've ever been to. Blaze soulbreaker lvl 38

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
All the worlds have their good points (and bad points), but Marleybone and Mooshu tie for my favorite worlds, with MB maybe having a slight edge.

The whole turn of the century but slightly grimy thing makes for a great visual. The quests are fun as are the story lines. The two houses to buy are way cool. You get decent drops and groovy clothing (the hat with the glasses is wicked fun). In fact, I missed MB (my life and balance wiz's is are Mooshu and my storm and death wiz's are in DS) so I resuscitated my fire wizard to spend some time back in MB! Yes, it is tricky to avoid battles sometimes but after a while you get the hang of the roof tops.

Give it some time, you might like it!

Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
Yay!
Woo! :-)
Oh yea! :D
I rock! 8)

finally folks i got Mooshu i am currently doing Kishbe Village (like literally I'm multi tasking) and i love Mooshu the clothing looks bad but they sell for lots and guess how much money I have because of them!
not $1000 not $10000 not $20000 not $30000 not $40000 but

$50000!!!!!!! :-o
oh yes your eyes aren't going crazy this is true 100% true!
anyway loving Mooshu just glad that I finished MB not going back for a long time

Jacob Ghostwhisper Level 40 Master Thaumaturge
See ya in the spiral!

Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got Dragonspyre! :-) :D :P
Cyrus Drake was hard but i got him on the first turn! 8)

I'm now on the plaza of conquests but haven't defeated any of those guys like that kraken and oni

So far my worst monster is a shielding pox.

they're sooooooooo annoying!
any way, besides the poxes it's great! :D

remember to post your opinions and if you like MB or not.

Jacob Ghostwhisper level 45 Master Thaughmaturge
See ya in the spiral!

Survivor
Dec 02, 2008
There are a ton of quests with a bit of XP and the minions are just a little harder than Krok. I LOVE MB personally :D unlike a million others on the message forms, lol. I know, no sidewalks, etc. but there are quests where all you do is return ladies purses and deliver mail for easy, peasy XP :). It used to be my least fave on first couple characters but now, I love going in. Also the night sky with prowlers around, filled with sly, dark action! I even like Big Ben and the towers ( I haven't gone nuts, ) I couldn't read all the comments before so if I said anything the same as another person, sorry about that. Tip: I never get into a fight in MB now, just stay on the sides