Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New secondary schools! Free training reset?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 19, 2008
From today's announcement:
"Celestia also increases the level cap in Wizard101 from level 50 up to level 60, as well as introducing three new secondary schools of magic. "

I'm wondering if the new secondary schools will include low level spells, or only be new spells for levels 50-60 ?

And if there are new low level spells, will there be a time period where we can get free trained spell resets so we can choose some of the new ones to replace the old (less useful) spells?

Defender
May 24, 2009
I don't think we will be able to get our training points back :(. The only way to get them back is with Mr. Lincoln outside the golem tower! So if you really want to get your training points back i would suggest to save up your crowns!

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
I don't know they will probably give more info when it is closer to being released.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
Floydd wrote:
"Celestia also increases the level cap in Wizard101 from level 50 up to level 60, as well as introducing three new secondary schools of magic. "

I'm wondering if the new secondary schools will include low level spells, or only be new spells for levels 50-60 ?

And if there are new low level spells, will there be a time period where we can get free trained spell resets so we can choose some of the new ones to replace the old (less useful) spells?

I think they are just going to add new spells for the new level cap. It would be kind of pointless just to give new low level spells after you had gone through all of the other stuff to get to where you are now. Im not level 50 yet, but i would be a bit angry if they made us learn low level spells after learning all of the higher level ones.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
Since Celestia comes AFTER DS (and isn't going to be a parallel world, like GH), then I'm sure that the spells there will be for levels 50 and up. Quests in Celestia must give training points, and I'm sure we'll earn training points as we level up.

One reason I haven't completed GH and haven't bothered with finished the Stone Roses quest from DS is that I want to save the XP for when it will count, and, I have no need for any more training points at this time.

Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
i think that since we kinda were thinking that there would be new schools, i believe that it is our responsibility to get what spells we choose, and that is we want the new school's spells we have to get them the old fashion way, just get crowns

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
diablo1008 wrote:
I don't think we will be able to get our training points back :(. The only way to get them back is with Mr. Lincoln outside the golem tower! So if you really want to get your training points back i would suggest to save up your crowns!

No they'll probably give you training points cause that would be cheap if they didn't, not everyone has crowns.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Floydd wrote:

I hope they give us free points for the THREE schools and if the spells are overpowered, then it should be for high leveled people only. (i mean, the school wont be special if there is a million of the new school people.)

Survivor
Jan 08, 2009
An idea would be to offer a discount on the reset, like maybe a 20% like the "Sale" tab in the crowns shop. Then not everyone could have them, but players will still have an advantage.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
jfll wrote:
An idea would be to offer a discount on the reset, like maybe a 20% like the "Sale" tab in the crowns shop. Then not everyone could have them, but players will still have an advantage.
That would make it easier for crown people to get more, why cant it be for gold? Btw wouldnt "everyone" just be crown users

Survivor
Feb 18, 2010
Rokk wrote:
diablo1008 wrote:

No they'll probably give you training points cause that would be cheap if they didn't, not everyone has crowns.

Di you just say that would be cheap!? wow, if you hadnt realized yet its not cheap cause there making money off it, hello! you by crowns with real money, this must be a real eye opener for you dude :?