Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I LOVE Marleybone...Do you?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
woow wrote:
I LOVE Marleybone...Do you? :)
i hope so, post here if you do, or maybe if you are having a problem...remember, we all wont to help!

Taylor LifeDreamer
Level 36
Ice Wizard
Wizard101-the game that trys to be great-and succeeds!
yea but i hate that trying to avoid fights there is almost impossible i just realized that when i unlocked it a few days ago

Survivor
Apr 06, 2010
:D I am also a fan of Marleybone, I love it. It might be because I have visited England in the past and would love to live there. I only wish they would expand it. Like do something with Barkingham Palace! On the other hand, I am not liking Mooshu a lot, just trudging thru because I have to, but I really love this game, so I guess every place is cool

Alyssa Moonwhisper

Survivor
May 23, 2009
The overall plot of the world is actually pretty weak. From the newest patch gear heads are now a thing of the past. But, still no side walks . I'd say MB is an OK world but the plot could be better, instead fighting 8 cats just to get a lousy purse of hats a dog is only gonna wear once.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
woow wrote:
i hope so, post here if you do, or maybe if you are having a problem...remember, we all wont to help!

Taylor LifeDreamer
Level 36
Ice Wizard

The screen shots of marelybone I have to say are amazing

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
so far MB is my favorite. i LOVE how they made it so its based on London!!!! the cats and dogs r a great idea.

Wizard: William DarkFlame

Level: 30

School: Fire

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
I'm level 28 and I'm still in Chelsea Court, but so far Marleybone is pretty awesome! The graphics are great, the mobs are creative, and while the bosses ARE hard, they drop great stuff.
The only things I dislike about MB is the lack of sidewalks and the vastness of this place. It's so huge! Why do we have to go run for ten real minutes just to get to Shakes O'Leary's tower? And for a newbie like me, the sidewalks (or lack of) are hard to get used to.
Marleybone is probably my most favorite right now, especially because of it's England-ish theme. Hyde Park is a real place is London, at least I think so, and I ADORE English accents.
So Marleybone is my favorite world right now. I can see why some people don't like it, but I'm not one of those people! :D

Autumn Ashsword
Level 28 Storm
"Hero of Krokotopia"

Explorer
Nov 17, 2009
GreyG wrote:
No offense to anyone on here but I HATE MARLEYBONE!
The thing goes slow, it is hard to move, the areas are small and cramped, and its just too dark.
i agree. you can only go someplace when youre lucky. i walked along the other side, away from the bad guys, and they still pulled me into battle and i just hate it. i dont know why, but i just do

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
I hate Marleybone. First off there is no Library that I seen anywheres to pick up cards. We have to shoot over to the commons or Krokotopia, every new area should have a library, it will just make life easier in W101 if every new area housed a library.

The clock tower is ridiculous, first off there is rarely anyone doing the same quest you are in Marleybone. So when you start the Big Ben quest line you have to fight your way to the top of the tower, and the bosses are 2, 3, 2 for one side, and 2,3,3 for the other side. Which makes it impossible to be able to sololy survive to the top of both sides with out dieing several times.

When you do Die and come back in the tower, you pop a pot to boost your mana, and hit points so they are maxed on your toon, and the bosses you did kill have respawned back. So now that leaves you with one pot down and 2, sometimes 3 vs one all over again.

I think if a boss is killed, especially on a 2 vs 1 or 3 vs 1 fight the boss should remain dead, well thats not the case here. you are out of luck. You will have to refight one of the bosses all over again regardless if you killed 1 or 2 of them 20 seconds prior to your re-entry.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
:D I love Marleybone!!!!! I need peoples help getting past Pops O' Leary. If u want 2 help meet me at the desk where u get tickets at around 1 o'clock pm on June 27th THANKS!!!!!! :-)

Survivor
Aug 19, 2009
Explorer
Dec 20, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
riof wrote:
woow wrote:

Taylor LifeDreamer
Level 36
Ice Wizard

i hate mb so much. they created it stupidly. :(
They did not create it *says it in a squeaky tone* stupidly. In fact...

1. Marleybone only lags 'cause it has the BEST, let me repeat, BEST grapics of all the worlds.

2. For some reason, i am starting to like marleybone, why? 'cause its FUN

so if you dont like marleybone, dont bash on it

Well if you value your PC amd Value the $200-$1,200 youu spent on your computor you'll be suprised youll be having a suprisingly large amount of ram being taken up by MB JUNK.The graphics are useless Ms has the same and the quality is beauty.Face it MB alone was bad but know with Pet pavilion.W101 byebye all is up to date top of the line stas.The games MOST TERRIBLE WRETCHED TORTURUS GRUELING WORLD is the cause of my PC going as slow as a 1998 model.Bye

Taylor LotusFist out

Explorer
Jul 13, 2009
Marleybone is my favorite world! I really like the old fashion and England style.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
Ok, MB IS THE BEST WORLD THERE IS!!!!! I just started MooShu and... Well I hate MooShu. MB needs to be longer. :D :D :D

Survivor
May 22, 2009
mb is awesome! i love the darkness newgate prison and meowiarty.
P.S WHY ARE THE BOSSES SOOOOO HARD??!!

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
tschwartz wrote:
mb is awesome! i love the darkness newgate prison and meowiarty.
P.S WHY ARE THE BOSSES SOOOOO HARD??!!
The hard bosses make it fun, in my opinion. plus, you feel nice when you just came out of a battle with two people who have 1 thousand health XD

I like the gangster stuff in marleybone. I feel like sherlock holmes, fighting crimes and consorting with the bad guys, all the while smoking my pipe lol. It gives a nice detective in a big city feel that you just cant resist loving.

Survivor
Oct 26, 2009
I have a love/hate relationship with Marleybone. It caused me to take a 3 month break (maybe more). But since my younger brother has achieved Grandmaster, I have found some motivation to jump back in.

It just seems to be taking forever to get through it however! I even finished out all the quests I could find in Grizzleheim so that I wouldn't have to deal with Marleybone. Now I am at the verge of achieving L35, I am finishing the last counterweight tower...hopefully I am almost done with Marleybone...?

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
amaryllis756 wrote:
:-D I am also a fan of Marleybone, I love it. It might be because I have visited England in the past and would love to live there. I only wish they would expand it. Like do something with Barkingham Palace! On the other hand, I am not liking Mooshu a lot, just trudging thru because I have to, but I really love this game, so I guess every place is cool

Alyssa Moonwhisper

I like it to a degree because you get more xp points on the quests and the gold and goodies are a bit better. However some parts of it I don't like. The cat quest finding the kittens is not working for me. That is buggie. And I don't like the three hour dungeon. To me that is wayyyyyyyyyy to long. It is a family friendly site but nobody sane would want to game on one thing for three whole hours!! I sure as heck would not want my son on that long. That teaches them to be addicted to the net. And honestly I feel that is a bit off because the beasts are so hard you really can't beat them on your own. So I think three hours is underestimating the time limit.

Explorer
Nov 26, 2008
Isn't the last quest for Marleybone defeating Meowiarty?
Just thought it made since 'cause in Krok you had to defeat Krokopatra

Molly :)
Magus Sorcerer ;D

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
I like it, too. Mainy 'cause I lived in the real Marleybone (seriously).

Defender
Apr 08, 2009
woow wrote:

Taylor LifeDreamer
Level 36
Ice Wizard

Marleybone has to be my least favorite world. The reason why is because of all the dungeons. I actully soloed MB until I got to big ben.

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
my fave world is drangonsypre. basicly for the cash and malistaire i killed him like five times not lieing.

posted by jacob fire theif

level 43 ice

savior of the spiral/sword saint

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
GreyG wrote:
No offense to anyone on here but I HATE MARLEYBONE!
The thing goes slow, it is hard to move, the areas are small and cramped, and its just too dark.

Agreed. I hated getting into battles all the time. I am so glad I finished that place!

-Madison Dayflower 8)
Myth

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
Its my favourite world! Even though i cant be in there yet, but still I LOVE IT!

Survivor
Apr 03, 2010