Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 50 Gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
Not getting our level 50 gear is getting ridiculous. I have fought all the bosses, including Malistaire, many times and still have not won my level 50 gear. The last two attempts, including Malistaire, I got a crate of chickens! I guess that is a feeble attempt to be funny by the game designers, but it is far from funny. Winning level 50 gear should be just like earning your cards: if I am in Death school, I earn a Death card; if I am in Death school, I should earn my Death gear by beating certain bosses.

Doesn't Kings Isle understand that level 50 players are their best promoters? It was seeing a level 50 player early in the game that made me want to continue because I saw someone else already had accomplished it. It was level 50 players that helped me defeat Malistaire the first time. We have paid our dues, literally. If this was a totally free game, I would care less about this. However, I am beginning to think that I should start a boycott of the game and get all my subscription-paying friends to do the same.

Defender
May 24, 2009
I disagree with you! :P Why? Because if we were able to get our 50+ clothing just like getting our next card, then whats the point of the game even being fun? Isn't it supposed to be fun when you realized you accomplished something you thought you would have never accomplished? I do get frustrated trying to get me grands there gear but at the end i realized it was worth it. I have eight grand masters and most of them already have their gear. So if i can do it maybe you to can do it :)

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
Of course you disagree with me. You've won all your gear for eight characters. I bet that I have spent more time trying to win my level 50 gear than you have winning it for your eight characters.

Look, I understand the logic of the game; I understand statistics. However, there has to be something built into the game that recognizes the effort that people are putting into it. For example, the game should be built so a boss could say, "This player has been here 30, 40, or 50 times, so I should give up the goods."

Secondly, when I play as a level 50 character, I spend a lot of my time helping others advance in the game. So, when I do get a chance to farm a boss, it is special time for me. That should be rewarded. (Anyone at Kings Isle paying attention here?)

Lastly, just an update: the last time I beat a very difficult boss -- even more so than Malistaire -- all I got was a piece of wood! How rewarding.

Defender
May 09, 2009
this is what i do when i get a new wizard and i get to malistair and i want the lvl 50 robe

i buy ten bucks worth of crowns (5,000) get to the end of the malistair dungeon and keep throwing crowns into his chest until i get the robe. then i keep any other school robes and throw those in the shared bank for any other new wizards i might start. then sell the duplicates and ta da you got some coins and robes for future wizards along with your new robe

Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
conorjak7 wrote:
this is what i do when i get a new wizard and i get to malistair and i want the lvl 50 robe

i buy ten bucks worth of crowns (5,000) get to the end of the malistair dungeon and keep throwing crowns into his chest until i get the robe. then i keep any other school robes and throw those in the shared bank for any other new wizards i might start. then sell the duplicates and ta da you got some coins and robes for future wizards along with your new robe

Thats a good idea only that you could be wasting money

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
yea seriously you would actually spend ten bucks just to get your grand master outfit! if you have that much money get some crown items.