Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Robbers?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 15, 2010
Ok so the other day i was trding with a guy who said hed give me wings for a trade and i thought he would at least trade some good card and then i traded my best cards and guess what? HE RAN FOR IT i didnt get his name but im Blaze Skyfist if anyone was around to see it but still this makes me MAD because he lied and stole from me i hate people like this and Lesson learned NEVER hit the im ready button unless you see the guy trade something :x

Administrator
Young Wizard, we have covered this topic over and over again.

Just as we have all been instructed not to take candy from strangers, so should you know not to accept gifts from strangers. If you don't recognize the person who sent you the gift, don't accept it.

Since Gifting has come to the Spiral, I thought this might also be a good opportunity to remind our young Wizards to be wary of players promising gifts of mounts or other goodies, in exchange for your Treasure Cards.

Be sensible young Wizards, and ask yourselves if this person is really going to give you an item worth $30 of real money just for a few free Treasure Cards - the answer is, no, they're not. They're going to take your Treasure Cards and disappear. It's not a very nice thing to do, but all trades must be agreed upon by both parties. If the trade sounds too good to be true, it probably is, so don't accept the trade.

Please remember, reporting someone for 'scamming' you out of Treasure Cards is not valid, since you both had to agree to the trade. If what you see in the Trade window is not fair, regardless of what the player told you, don't agree to the trade, simple as that. Caveat emptor is a very powerful lesson to learn, young Wizards. Buyer Beware.

community@wizard101.com
Historian
Jun 14, 2009
If it sounds too good to be true, than it is. No one will give you something that is worth 30 or 40 dollars for some cards.

You have learned a very valuable lesson.

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
Someone tried to rob me but I have played this game long enough to know not to do it. So the guy that tried to rob me I dont remember his name but anyways I went to the arena and went to quick join and guess who was facing me?

Survivor
May 14, 2009
Survivor
May 14, 2009
i even saw that happen to a guy named robert (somethingsomething) and the guy who stole, well i don't wanna say any names

Survivor
Jan 12, 2010
a guy told me he was going to give me wings for treasure cards . i traded him the haunted minion.......THE HAUNTED MINION!!!! :x THEY DON'T EVEN MAKE THOSE HARDLY!!! then after trade he deleted me as friend

Administrator
Let me repeat this again.

Be sensible young Wizards, and ask yourselves if this person is really going to give you an item worth $30 of real money just for a few free Treasure Cards - the answer is, no, they're not. They're going to take your Treasure Cards and disappear. It's not a very nice thing to do, but all trades must be agreed upon by both parties. If the trade sounds too good to be true, it probably is, so don't accept the trade.

Please remember, reporting someone for 'scamming' you out of Treasure Cards is not valid, since you both had to agree to the trade. If what you see in the Trade window is not fair, regardless of what the player told you, don't agree to the trade, simple as that. Caveat emptor is a very powerful lesson to learn, young Wizards. Buyer Beware.

community@wizard101.com
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Yes Professor, we adults understand that you shouldn't expect something for nothing (or almost nothing). But a lot of the players here do not have any real life concept of money and value. This is where the problem arises. If a child has a treasure card he worked very hard for, fighting a boss many times to get, is asked to trade for a pair of wings, they seem to be the same value. Then the innocent child, still young and trusting, learns the fact that his/her sheltered life has failed him, slamming her/him into the wall of reality.

Now I am happy that the youngest children with menu chat aren't affected as much, but, still, would it hurt to put either a warning when there is a trade where one side is giving no cards that sometimes there are people trying to cheat you?

I tend to give away cards, I don't really use them besides carrying heal other spells, but....

I know that you guys can't babysit and with all the problems lurking on the net that younger children should be online with a parent or guardian-type. I give major kudos for providing a place where the parents might just have more fun than their kids (though of course never admitting it :) ).

Just my two cents worth.

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
I've lost count of how many times I've actually stood there and EXPLAINED to players being made these 'offers', to simply be ignored by then and they still go through with the trade...Then stand there listening to them cry about how they were just scammed out of cards by the player, AFTER they were told they were being scammed before even doing it in the first place...

The fact is, no matter how many times players and KI try to explain to others that such trades are impossible and that scamming isn't warnable because you're agreeing to that one-sided trade, people wanting this/that will still ignore the advice and go through with the 'trade' in hopes of getting something for basically nothing (cause gold cards are nothing, no matter how rare they are)...And then, even knowing that they ignored good advice to the contrary, will still want the other person punished for the scammed's own greed and ignoring of common sense...

If something is too good to believe, then it's a scam. Pure and simple. If someone is offering to 'give' you something that costs hard, cold cash in the game, for gold cards that don't cost real money? That's your first clue that something is up, and it's not a good something. Use your common sense...That's all you need to do. And when you don't, learn from it instead of looking for someone to pay for your own gullibility. 8)

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
ok seriously, how many times does the staff have to say it? Dont trade .... Period!!!

If you go for trade expecting to get wings or another permanent mount( which caost real money to get) and you are expected to give on treasure cards ( can be gotten in the game) and you get ripped off ....

THEN YOU GOT WHAT YOU DESERVED!!!!!

Explorer
Jun 02, 2009
KILEYGHOSTBLOOD wrote:
a guy told me he was going to give me wings for treasure cards . i traded him the haunted minion.......THE HAUNTED MINION!!!! :x THEY DON'T EVEN MAKE THOSE HARDLY!!! then after trade he deleted me as friend
If someone says something like that and are on your friends list say no and delete them because it shows they are not an honorable friend.

Explorer
Jun 02, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

So it is not a reportable offence? :(

Defender
Oct 14, 2008

Professor Greyrose is right, but i got a broom from a very nice friend, and i didn't even trade anything! So if somebody really wants to trade with you for some treasure cards i doubt they will give you anything back, if they dont wanna trade i bet they do care.
-luna0616

Survivor
Jan 12, 2010
glade8er wrote:
KILEYGHOSTBLOOD wrote:
If someone says something like that and are on your friends list say no and delete them because it shows they are not an honorable friend.

thxs!!!!! now i'm gonna be looking out for that

lvl18/death

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
glade8er wrote:
So it is not a reportable offence? :(

No it isn't. Because for the trade to go through, both parties have to click that they agree to the trade. And since the mounts in question aren't showing in that trade window (cause they can't), when you agree to a trade where nothing is shown as being received by you, then you've agreed to giving your cards to someone else.

Clicking that 'accept trade' option on your part when sending them the cards is only binding to you as you've shown them what you're giving them and they're agreeing to accept those cards. While you were 'agreeing' to give them the cards for nothing shown as being given to you on their part in their window you're allowed to view as them 'giving' you...Which is an empty window and you agreed to accepting that empty window as 'trade'.

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
Ok not to be mean but a bunch of people do this i mean people will do anything to get what they want you just have to watch what your doing i cant be your real life guide but just remeber you have to see if its fair will he lie what will happen so many things happen

Hope that helped

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
Survivor
Nov 20, 2009
KILEYGHOSTBLOOD wrote:
You know you cn still track them down somehow, well I don't remember how to, butyou can some how. Bye.

Survivor
Nov 20, 2009
KILEYGHOSTBLOOD wrote:
glade8er wrote:
KILEYGHOSTBLOOD wrote:

thxs!!!!! now i'm gonna be looking out for that

lvl18/death
Kiley, you have to stop posting the same commment over and etc times, because we all know by now about your story. Thank you, and goodbye.

Survivor
Nov 20, 2009
rarakelley wrote:
Ok not to be mean but a bunch of people do this i mean people will do anything to get what they want you just have to watch what your doing i cant be your real life guide but just remeber you have to see if its fair will he lie what will happen so many things happen

Hope that helped
Just think of how they are raised if they scam you off of some random item.