Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

death spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
Well ok first and formost i want to say i like wizard101, and i like being a death wizard. Im going to state some problems i've had with spells in my class, and give some solutions as well.

1.Doom and Gloom 33 -50% to all healing (global) 3 pips
Doom and gloom is the death global spell. Well look at the ability -50% to healing, sounds great right except you've just nerfed your deck considering most of your spells are life stealing. I will never play this spell, and to be honest i've never seen anyone play this spell either.
Why not have this spell increase healing by a % or increase death damage. Or possibly have it be a damage over time on all players.

2.Beguile target helps you for one round 3 pips
I really like the idea of this spell, but "hay it doesn't work". I played with this spell for about three lvl's and I maybe had it work 3 or four times. Most often the mob passes his turn or buffs himself. I dont know about you, but three pips to have a mob buff himself on a beguile then next turn use a spell on me isn't a good deal.
This spell is easy to fix. Have the targeted mob be required to either cast a damage spell at target, or at least a debuff shield.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Yes, the global spell I thought was a bit 'off.'

Perhaps it is best used in arenas and such where players will actively heal themselves (or have life wizards heal others).

Since monsters really don't heal themselves (or very rarely, from what I have seen), the spell is rather a bit "rarely used" by players.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
Very true. I have a Grand Death myself and have only used Doom and Gloom on maybe two occasions. Both were in PvP duels, simply to cripple the other teams healing attempts. And yes, it worked. But since I have only dueled a handful of times, I also find that spell pretty useless. And while playing in story mode, casting that spell basically means killing all your team mates. lol