Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This is not fair, thats not fair !

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
I see a lot of complaints about this and that school having an unfair advantage. Every school has that 1 spell you dread to see in pvp matchs. You just have to learn to defend against it. Yes when you first start doing pvp you will probably be overmatched the system needs to see how well you did in a few matchs, to rank you up or down to a more appropriate opponent.

You dont like wildbolt- throw some sheilds up, lessen the attack with plague or weakness, make him fizzle with blackmantle or smokescreen

You dont like judgement - tower sheild, and hit him first, he will not have the pips to one hit you if he is forced to use his healling spells. Yes he has lots of sheilds but they are the weakest sheilds in game, hit them anyway.

You don't like scarecrow - death sheild , tower sheild , steal their blades, so they can't get a good hit on you .

For every spell their is a defence, when you see a blade and trap coming from your opponent you should know what kind of spell is coming next. If you are not doing 1vs1 pay attention to what your partner is doing. If they cast a feint dont blow it with a wand spell. If they have a fire trap on them toss them a fire sheild. If they are about to cast a big spell throw them a blade or trap an opponent. to maximise the damage.

Defender
May 31, 2009
Well said, Pyros.

To EVERY school / spell / strategy, there exists a way to beat it. There will always be an element of luck - fizzles, the right cards at the right time - but in the end there are only three things that will help separate the good from the very good - practice, practice, and practice. It may take some longer to find the right strategy for the right situation, but eventually every wizard will find the right mix for them with enough practice.

Having said that, I'll be honest and say there are still a few one-two combinations that I can see a mile away but, more often than not, am helpless to stop.

Ice has the Ice Lord followed by Colossus combo, Fire has the Fire Dragon / Helephant one-two, and Storm has the very lethal Storm King / Triton knock out punch. However, the most deadly combination has got to be the Earthquake / Orthrus. I can see the build up, I know it's coming, and I'm powerless to stop it each time.

Nonetheless, I'm confident that after some more matches against a MYTH wizard I'll have the answer I need to overcome this devastating move. It may take me 50 or more, but an answer IS out there...

mlb

Defender
May 09, 2009
Pyros666 wrote:
I see a lot of complaints about this and that school having an unfair advantage. Every school has that 1 spell you dread to see in pvp matchs. You just have to learn to defend against it. Yes when you first start doing pvp you will probably be overmatched the system needs to see how well you did in a few matchs, to rank you up or down to a more appropriate opponent.

You dont like wildbolt- throw some sheilds up, lessen the attack with plague or weakness, make him fizzle with blackmantle or smokescreen

You dont like judgement - tower sheild, and hit him first, he will not have the pips to one hit you if he is forced to use his healling spells. Yes he has lots of sheilds but they are the weakest sheilds in game, hit them anyway.

You don't like scarecrow - death sheild , tower sheild , steal their blades, so they can't get a good hit on you .

For every spell their is a defence, when you see a blade and trap coming from your opponent you should know what kind of spell is coming next. If you are not doing 1vs1 pay attention to what your partner is doing. If they cast a feint dont blow it with a wand spell. If they have a fire trap on them toss them a fire sheild. If they are about to cast a big spell throw them a blade or trap an opponent. to maximise the damage.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SAYING THIS, i hope a lot of people read this because often when i'm playing with a new player in the game they will blow my feint or trap with a very weak spell, and you bring up alot of other good points :D :D :D :D

Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
Caspeen wrote:
Well said, Pyros.

To EVERY school / spell / strategy, there exists a way to beat it. There will always be an element of luck - fizzles, the right cards at the right time - but in the end there are only three things that will help separate the good from the very good - practice, practice, and practice. It may take some longer to find the right strategy for the right situation, but eventually every wizard will find the right mix for them with enough practice.

Having said that, I'll be honest and say there are still a few one-two combinations that I can see a mile away but, more often than not, am helpless to stop.

Ice has the Ice Lord followed by Colossus combo, Fire has the Fire Dragon / Helephant one-two, and Storm has the very lethal Storm King / Triton knock out punch. However, the most deadly combination has got to be the Earthquake / Orthrus. I can see the build up, I know it's coming, and I'm powerless to stop it each time.

Nonetheless, I'm confident that after some more matches against a MYTH wizard I'll have the answer I need to overcome this devastating move. It may take me 50 or more, but an answer IS out there...

mlb

LOL I just finished a string of 1vs1 pvps with my death wizard vs several ticked of storm wizards (: They all did indeed go for the stormlord/triton combo. my defence was to sheild (storm, & tower) blade (2death and spirit) Their storm lord did a little damage but stuned me, I am forced to pass & they hit me with triton wich did do a lot of damage. But now its my turn and they have no pips left - so I cast wraith and am healed and still have pips to
go in for the kill depending on what their next move is - if they blade or use small spell I do second wraith, if they sheild I use small spell to pop it

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Thanks for the help but there is two spells you missed...

Satyr, or other healing cards= That spell that I can't remember the name of because idk but it -20% all healing or something like that

Storm Lord= storm shield, tower shield, and stun resist

Defender
May 18, 2009
There are actually 4 spells you don't want to see in battle: Judgment, Wild Bolt, Triton, and earthquake.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
Pyros666 wrote:

Your the man Pyros666!!!! For posting this, i hope it helps quiet some of the complaining. I everyso often play PvP and i'll be the first to admit: I get my rear stompped everyonce in a while. However that being said, I also do the same to others.

Just goes to show ( as you said) there is always a way

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Pyros666 wrote:

1. Wildbolt- Plauge doesnt lower attack, it lowers healing, and they can use their wand attack to get ride of both the weakness, and shield, or use up to 3 wildbolts in a row (some of them tend to have a 50 50 chance of hitting)

2. Judgement- Tower shields are just as weak as the balance shields, and i suggest that if they do have shields against your school(this only works for death, ice, and fire, maybe myth) Double blade up for your school, use an arua spell or D.O.T. (damage over time) this gets ride of 1-2 (of the same) shields against your school depending if you going first or second then use a a stronger attack after the arua spell. Like for ice, blade up, frostbite, colossus, bam ~1200/+/-
For myth i would blade up use minotaur the first round, then orthrus(sry spelt wrong)

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Caspeen wrote:

On my balance and fire grands I actually can beat myth wizards now and then. It's really just a matter of spamming weakness and black mantle (or an occasional smoke screen for fire, especially if you're trying to get rid of white pips) and using your x/pip spell like judgment or heck hound. That's how I compete. Not saying it's a winning strategy and I'm not even in the vicinity of 100%, but it's the most viable strat I've come up with. Shielding obviously is a waste of time vs. myth, especially if they have even half of a brain. Those weaknesses (and I use the two-card 30% weakness necklace that stacks) are really the only thing that keeps them from unleashing doom whenever they see fit. With that they're either caught in wand trap-break mode, using a troll or something low-pip to control the fight while staying ahead in pip count, or just using their quake/orthrus anyway with weakness still active. Under the first scenario, you have to hope (and expect) that soon they'll run out of wands or be caught in a reshuffle loop. In the second scenario, they're out of blades which REALLY helps, and in the third one the traps will at least cushion the blow. The smart myth guys I've fought will just ignore and go along their path as normal, which is by far the smart way. Sometimes you can just jar the less-confident ones and throw them off their game, at which point you leap for the kill.

And, let's face it...you still need a degree of luck on top of that. Makes my head hurt.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
well there is something that is kinda wrong tho you cant alway protect yourslef on all these spells there is ppl who bolt over and over non stop and it goes thru the max of bolting in pvp should be two times or have options to choose not to bolt and not to shield