Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to beat the chain bolters

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 12, 2009
Everybody is mad at these wild bolters, and i used to not have a problem with it but since i have been doing ranked pvp i face a chain bolter about 7/10 of the time.
So i have come up with a tactic for beating them.

1. Buy a storm shield from the fairegrounds with your next training point.
(if you are a grandmaster buy storm treasures from the bazaar)

2.Max out your spell deck with storm shields

3. Max out a best attack spell
Fire-helephant
Ice-collosus
life-centaur
myth-orthrus
death-wraith
Balance-judgement

Make sure these are all bladed and trapped and for judgement use the pips needed just to take them out.

Ok lets move on to the arena.
4. start tossing up storm shields like crazy.
Even if they go first, if you have at least 1100+ health, you should survive the first bolt.

(If the storm shields are up, they have no choice but to waste time taking them down when you do your buffed attack, or deal with the strong shield when they bolt.) Get what I'm saying?

5.Once your attack is bladed and trapped use the attack reccomended above.(If they shield do your attack again since they have low health points)

6. repeat step 4 and 5 until they are defeated.

Andrew Dragon stalker level45 master sorcerer :P

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
hmm would this really work??? well its kinda costly for the shields one training point you know what i could do with one training point??? well then you go to thousands of gold per every say five matches and i don't want that so i have no use for that strategy :| :| :| :|

Delver
May 31, 2009
rather than spend a trianing point there are storm amulets that give you two storm shields at 85%, most schools have regular shields against storm.
No I think you will find you best plan is the simply one; short stack your deck. place shields, heals, blades, and traps in your deck; shield aggressively place your blades and pull your attack cards from your treasure cards when your ready to attack. this of course requires you to make your attack cards into treasure cards by adding tough to them, making them yourself, or buying them. people whine about treasure card users but they whine about chain stunners and wild bolters too. if you want to win use what works for you, someone always loses and if they lack character they make excuses or they step up and find a way to win.I am glad your appear to be stepping up and finding a way to win. GOOD LUCK

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
hebs470 wrote:
hmm would this really work??? well its kinda costly for the shields one training point you know what i could do with one training point??? well then you go to thousands of gold per every say five matches and i don't want that so i have no use for that strategy :| :| :| :|

And now it's time for a plan for 3v3 or 4v4....

Drum roll please!
(Dadadadadadapow!)

Chain Shielding!

If you friends got shields you're good to go!

Survivor
May 29, 2009
Yep buying shields is for the rich, would think w101 would make shields cheaper...wink wink

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
hebs470 wrote:

I know what you could do with a training point! You can buy a storm shield!

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Hmmm... well in a way this could work but in a deck you can only have a certain number of that card like say 4 that wouldn't be very usefull...

Survivor
Mar 27, 2009
Soon enchanted treasure cards will NOT be able to be traded so thats your answer

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
Shielding against bolts does work. I use it all the time. Rarely do I lose to a chain bolter.