Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Power Pips not working?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
Anyone else having this problem? Almost every Power Pip I get only counts as 1 Pip. I'll have 2 Power Pips, but still won't be able to use a 4 Pip card. Or I'll have 4 Power Pips, use a 4 Pip card, and it will use all of my Pips.

Administrator
Power PIPs only count as TWO PIPS towards spells in your main school of focus.
If you are casting a spell outside of your main school of focus, Power PIPs only count as a single pip.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
I don't recall learning that from Diego.

Also, when I use my Hydra (using a Balance wizard), it still doesn't count the Power Pips as 2 Pips. However, the Hydra is a Balance card (my main school).

Defender
May 29, 2009

I don't think Diego taught that. It's usually something you learn by observing the game play. And yes, when you use Hydra on your balance wizard, the power pips count as 2 pips. Watch carefully next time and you'll see this is the case. Good luck!

ShadowOfBlood wrote:
I don't recall learning that from Diego.

Also, when I use my Hydra (using a Balance wizard), it still doesn't count the Power Pips as 2 Pips. However, the Hydra is a Balance card (my main school).

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
Yes Diego does mention something about power pips, though it is brief. I am a young fire wizard now and I have been watching my pips/powerpips closely.

Lets say I have 2 normal pips on the left and 2 power pips on the right and Fire is my main school. If I cast my Life spell Fairy (not my main school of focus), it will use pips starting from the left side of the pip area, my 2 normal pips.

However, if I cast my Fire spell Meteor, it will use the pips starting from the right side where my 2 power pips are stored. This is a good thing, but, Moderators, is this how the system determines which pips to use?

Main school of focus = pips from right side
All other spells = pips from the left side (using all that is required)