Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Family Account Feature Requests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 21, 2008
I would like a setting on my account screen from the website that would allow me to check a box so that all the accounts linked to my account would automatically have all their characters added to each others friends list as true friends.

My kids play several characters, as does my wife and having to go to every account and link these is a laborious chore.

I also shouldn't have to relogin as the parent when editing account information for a linked account when changing parental controls on a sub-account.

It would also be nice to move characters between accounts within a family. My wife started out just trying out the game on my account and now she has a higher level character than me so I have to start a new account and start over if we all want to play together.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2008
I VERY VERY much would like to echo this!

I play with both of my kids as well as my husband and I do NOT want to have to buy 4 subscriptions so we can continue to play together.

Consideration for families would be greatly appreciated.

Explorer
Aug 25, 2008
Gaudior wrote:
I would like a setting on my account screen from the website that would allow me to check a box so that all the accounts linked to my account would automatically have all their characters added to each others friends list as true friends.

That sounds very reasonable - essentially, you're asking for the ability to "Friend" an entire account, rather than just one character.

Gaudior wrote:
I also shouldn't have to relogin as the parent when editing account information for a linked account when changing parental controls on a sub-account.

I'm not sure what you're referring to here, but I suspect whatever it is, was a conscious choice ... against the possibility of a forgetful parent not logging OUT of their account, and thus, leaving the door open to their son or daughter ...

It would also be nice to move characters between accounts within a family. My wife started out just trying out the game on my account and now she has a higher level character than me so I have to start a new account and start over if we all want to play together.
Also a good idea, although it might be best to limit that to a "start a new account with this/these characters" sort of action.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2008
I play on line with my kids also. I have been waiting for it to be set up since they are under 13 to be able to do open chat. will this feature be set up under parental controls or not?

I also agree with the person that requests that there be a family account set up so we do not have to subscribe to numerous accounts since you do have numerous families playing on here together.

Survivor
May 28, 2008
Gaudior wrote:

Most MMO companies don't allow this because it encourages people to buy and sell characters on e-bay or pay people to level up your character for you. MMO companies who do allow this usually charge a substantial fee for the service.

It opens up several undesirable cans of worms if you leave this open for anyone to do for free. The game would be much less kid-friendly.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2008
I appreciate the comments but wanted to point out that if you manage your account on the website under My Accounts you can click on "Add Account" and link this account to an existing account or add a new account to this account already.

It would be nice to transfer between just these linked accounts which I know the user names and passwords and will presumably be paying for.

Also for the person that asked for chat on children under 13 you can activate filtered chat under parental controls of the account management screen.

As far as paying for the accounts, I expect to pay for each account I would have linked, but would hope that a discount for multiple accounts would exist.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2008
I think it would be a good idea for there to be a way for families to play. I know I've been trying forever to get my mother, sister, and father to play, and they want to. They just don't want to have to pay three extra subscriptions, and they don't think just adding an extra character would work.

Is it possible to have the same acount logged in on two different computers, but play with a different character on each, so that families could play together?

Survivor
Aug 28, 2008
I agree with all of the Op's requests. and would like to make another suggestion.

If the game does go cash shop, allow the parental account to "gift" or allocate cash shop currency to each sub-account, leaving the credit card/banking information behind parental passwords.

Also an option to require a parental password to browse/buy from the cash shop.

Explorer
Aug 25, 2008