Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fizzles in the game or fizzle flu

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 08, 2009
Hey All,

As a yearly subscriber for 5 accounts plus purchasing a ton of crowns each month do you think if fair they keep the fizzles in the game? I dont it makes the game take longer to get any thing completed. Let alone the 8000 or more bosses far harder to defeat alone. I am not certain if i can purchase more crowns just to throw them away on the henchmen they have provided just to crown users.

I am greatful that they have the crown outfits along with a lot of other crown items, but I feel that they should either open the henchmen up to one and all including gold users, or get rid of the fizzles, what do you all have to say about that? I would like to hear your feed back about this problem in the hopes of helping kings isle to up with a solution to this maddening problem.

Brianna ShadowFlame level 50
Tara ShadowBlood level 50
Destiny DragonTamer level 50
Vicotoria StormBlade level 50
Destiny WinterHaven level 36

Hero
May 27, 2009
I agree that henchmen should be available for in-game gold. I understand that they need to make money, but all of the Crown Items should be able to be of use to subscribers as well.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Yeah, even though they say that henchmen help get through the game faster, that's not always the case.

I spent like, 190 crowns on a grand myth, 2 grand life, and a master life henchman for the fight against jotun and his brothers (fighting them at the same time), and 100 crowns on 2 grand myth henchmen in kensington park.

I'm glad that they made the new crown gear (not sure if the wand, staff, and sword apply) are availible as boss drops, so it would be nice if the henchmen could be bought for gold, just like they could in test before they went to live.

Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
I completely disagree on fizzles. They need to exist, even if I hate em. They are a balance to the game. If storm got 100% accuracy for everything, the game wouldn't be played. Henchmen aren't that useful anyway.

Elessar Out.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
I think the fizzle rate needs to be improved. I was in pvp with my storm, full arena gear, about to finish off the opponent and a stormzilla fizzled, then triton fizzled, then I had no choice but to heal, and even the fairy fizzled. With arena gear, it adds a 16% accuracy to the 70% on those spells, that's 86% chance that you won't fizzle. Fizzles happen too often for that to actually be a true calculation of your chance to cast the spell.

Delver
May 31, 2009
Fizzles are frustrating but they balance the game, it would be wrong if storm did not fizzle.
I do agree henchmen should go for gold
However this is an online game so you can play with others. my suggeston is that you do or go do other quests and come back when you are a higher level

Delver
May 31, 2009
henchmen should be aveilible for gold plus if you are in a "dungeon" they should stick with you until you finish or they get killed.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2008
ldaring wrote:
Hey All,

As a yearly subscriber for 5 accounts plus purchasing a ton of crowns each month do you think if fair they keep the fizzles in the game? I dont it makes the game take longer to get any thing completed. Let alone the 8000 or more bosses far harder to defeat alone. I am not certain if i can purchase more crowns just to throw them away on the henchmen they have provided just to crown users.

I am greatful that they have the crown outfits along with a lot of other crown items, but I feel that they should either open the henchmen up to one and all including gold users, or get rid of the fizzles, what do you all have to say about that? I would like to hear your feed back about this problem in the hopes of helping kings isle to up with a solution to this maddening problem.

i not trying to be mean but seriously how many times have you been saved by a fizzle it makes the game fun not knowing whats gonna happen wouldn't it be boring knowing exactly when you gonna die besides havent you ever been in a pvp then you about to die before you almost kill them then they fizzle and you win????? its bound to happen to everyone in pvp or the worlds

Survivor
Aug 30, 2008
Josh1128Sh wrote:
I think the fizzle rate needs to be improved. I was in pvp with my storm, full arena gear, about to finish off the opponent and a stormzilla fizzled, then triton fizzled, then I had no choice but to heal, and even the fairy fizzled. With arena gear, it adds a 16% accuracy to the 70% on those spells, that's 86% chance that you won't fizzle. Fizzles happen too often for that to actually be a true calculation of your chance to cast the spell.

that was one time face the fact your opponent got lucky

Defender
May 18, 2009
That is a good idea. You should be able to buy henchmen with gold. (The cost should be x2, so for level 50: 100 gold, level 40: 80 gold, level 30: 60 gold, and level 20: 40 gold.)

Survivor
Apr 08, 2009
wizardq32 wrote:
ldaring wrote:
Hey All,

i not trying to be mean but seriously how many times have you been saved by a fizzle it makes the game fun not knowing whats gonna happen wouldn't it be boring knowing exactly when you gonna die besides havent you ever been in a pvp then you about to die before you almost kill them then they fizzle and you win????? its bound to happen to everyone in pvp or the worlds

ok i dont pvp much and i am not saying to pull the fizzles from pvp but when you fizzle 9 times to 1 hit, you know your going to die unless you can purchase using gold a henchman. and i am not talking henchmen for pvp but for standard questing. i am not trying to complain or anything but i think it would benefit ki if they opened up the henchmen to everyone and lessened the amount of questing fizzles.