Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

false reporters

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
i was just in the arena chating about the other thing on the message board called reporting for bolting in pvp and a non subscriber asked to be my friend i had my add friends off so he comes to me and calls me a noob and i said i'm only friends with grands sry and he REPORTED ME for nothing i never been reported this is a outrage he is lucky i didnt report him

Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
I just reported the same thing. I think more control needs to be put on this for the kids with the result of false reporting being banning for a period of time from the game. If you are reported, you should have the chance to explain you side to save yourself from possible banning. Kids are beginning to do this more and more according to what I am hearing from upper level players.

Historian
May 15, 2009
just ignore the players who do this
they are just jealous

and dont worry about begin reported
if u have done nothing wrong u WILL NOT get in trouble
the false reporter will be looked at to see if they have done false reports before if they have they will get muted possibly banned

Administrator
When you report someone, or you are reported, a message is sent directly to Mr Lincoln that includes the chat logs of everything that was said before and after that report.

Mr Lincoln then reads the log and assess the situation. He determines how bad the offense was, looks up prior offenses for the reported individual, and based on that assessment he issues sanctions such as muting or banning and sends an email to the offending account explaining the violation and the sanctions.

If the report was falsely made, that is determined as well, and the player who made the false report is investigated as to whether or not they have made previous false reports. False reports are just a egregious as valid ones, and similar sanctions can be levied against repeat offenders of false reporting.

Everything that a player enters into the chat window is logged. These larger chat logs are also routinely checked for those infractions that are not reported.

community@wizard101.com