Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Light Wizard

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 14, 2008
:DThere has been talk of a new Light Wizard comming to wizard 101 . I was just curtious to see if this is just a rumor that i am hearing or if it is going to actually happen If it is true all i have to say is wow ! and awesome!

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I have not heard these rumors, however, it is very possible. However, if they do make a light wizard, they will indeed have to make a dark wizard, however I am not a big fan of darkness myself and have always been a follower of Christianity and holiness.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
i believe it isnt light, but astral that is coming, light and dark were just made up by players. for now at least. We know that astral should come soon due to subtle hints from people about ambrose

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
I've never heard any talk of Light Wizards. The only other schools I've heard of there possibly being are the 3 astral schools, Star, Sun, and Moon. I'll do some research though and see if there's anything out there about the Light School.

Defender
May 24, 2009
Light Wizard? What is it? Is it a light version of Wizard101? Well i never heard of it so it might be a rumor :P

Explorer
Mar 24, 2009
bravevline wrote:
I have not heard these rumors, however, it is very possible. However, if they do make a light wizard, they will indeed have to make a dark wizard, however I am not a big fan of darkness myself and have always been a follower of Christianity and holiness.

Yet you're playing a game based on "wizards casting spells". Maybe I'm wrong, but doesn't the Christian church frown on the Harry Potter movies for that? Seems to me that having "dark wizards" wouldn't matter?

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
GoCowboys wrote:
bravevline wrote:

Yet you're playing a game based on "wizards casting spells". Maybe I'm wrong, but doesn't the Christian church frown on the Harry Potter movies for that? Seems to me that having "dark wizards" wouldn't matter?
Different Christians believe different things, some believe that it is ok toplay games such as this as long as it does not get to your head, an example would be someone trying to cast spells in real life. Others believe that you shouldnt at all. My family believes that it is alright to play games such as these as long as you do not let it get to your head such as attempting it in real life. And by the way I always hated harry potter, harry potter and this game are very different.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2009
bravevline wrote:

Please don't make this a religious thing. It makes some people antsy, myself included.

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
bravevline wrote:
GoCowboys wrote:
bravevline wrote:

Different Christians believe different things, some believe that it is ok toplay games such as this as long as it does not get to your head, an example would be someone trying to cast spells in real life. Others believe that you shouldnt at all. My family believes that it is alright to play games such as these as long as you do not let it get to your head such as attempting it in real life. And by the way I always hated harry potter, harry potter and this game are very different.

This is coming from one who hates Harry Potter o_O

If you can't see the similarities then you obviously know little to nothing on Harry Potter.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
I think there should be a Diego Card that does 515-700 damage and it is myth and Diego slices the opponent.

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
If there is are cosmic schools then why not call the school of stars astronomy.

Defender
May 09, 2009
i've read the other postes about the schools of like sun, moon, and something else, and then the light and/or dark wizard i have never ever heard any of these rumors, and the light and dark wizards seems a lot like the ps2 jak series mostly in the third one where jak can become light and dark jak (i'm just saying it sounds alot like it) but ya that would be cool so professer greyrose or gamma can you please confirm if these rumors are true or no? :?

Survivor
Oct 18, 2009
conorjak7 wrote:
i've read the other postes about the schools of like sun, moon, and something else, and then the light and/or dark wizard i have never ever heard any of these rumors, and the light and dark wizards seems a lot like the ps2 jak series mostly in the third one where jak can become light and dark jak (i'm just saying it sounds alot like it) but ya that would be cool so professer greyrose or gamma can you please confirm if these rumors are true or no? :?

Honestly, I think in perspective being a player who enjoys being a life mage, that a new light wizard would be perfect or maybe make a rainbow mage or something creative like if you wanted to specialize in a subsect of storm you could go with an Air school or water since we have Ice but thats frozen water what if we just did water in general and do a spirit type of school where they learn how to call upon spirits such as the ones you see roaming around Moo-shu and using their cards and since malistere in the end of the dragonspyre is gone why not call upon him as a last resort where he steals X amount of health from you each turn he is out but increases the damage x2 x3 x4 and the big one x 10 so if say a spell only does 65 he could potentially on a gamble deal 650 damage but the cost of your health would go down that much .... It would truly be interesting if we did something more since we are adding another school if the rumors are true but this is my two cents.

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
bravevline wrote:

plus dark is basically death.

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
transmuterwarior wrote:
bravevline wrote:

Please don't make this a religious thing. It makes some people antsy, myself included.

i agree, involving religion is getting off topic

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
If this were a light wizard, surly they would have to make another school. Light is taken up by life, and life is an important school to me. But if it's a computer played wiz... then the light wizard would probably be life. I think that he would be somewhere in ravenwood, prefebly in the tree of life itself. If it is a new charachter, then I think it should help us battle when we are in trouble. If anything, they should probably have a wand that does at least 90+ damage. It's sort of the idea, but not yet ready to be prossesed. PLease up my idea!

Survivor
Feb 05, 2009

I LOVE harry potter
But lolz I've heard there might be a new school :P told you people to much already lol

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
oceandaydreamer wrote:
bravevline wrote:
GoCowboys wrote:
bravevline wrote:

If you can't see the similarities then you obviously know little to nothing on Harry Potter.
Actually, I have to had watched or read it to know rather I hate it or not, so maybe I actually Do know a little something BTW I am not going to take anymore part in this arguement.