Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do the bosses cheat in Briskbreeze Tower?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Dec 21, 2008
I went into Briskbreeze Tower on Colossus Boulevard. Daren Whisperwind said to me, "The bosses here will cheat, they have more power than wizards" or something like that. What stuff can the bosses do that wizards can't?

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
well they can use cards without the pips needed, such as the first boss that is fire.
Summons a minion without any pips.
His minion can use a meteors that does 10,000 damage!

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
Hi,
I know a more detailed explanation of the bosses in BriskBreeze is available at Wizard101Central.com, but in brief and to the best of my memory:

Levels 1 & 2 & 3-- no cheating; 4 opponents each level
Level 4 - a puzzle; if solved, no battle; if not solved, 2 opponents [collect only the blue mana blips and do not touch a red blip -- even in error.
Level 5 - 1 Boss calls 3 Minions. The Ember Minions throw 10,000 damage meteors, so you must keep them constantly fire dispelled while others work to kill quickly.
Levels 6 & 7 & 8 -- no cheating; 4 opponents each level
Level 9 - 1 Boss calls 4 Minions. This boss cheats in the following ways:
--he steals the first turn from you and drops a -25%
--he uses "interruptions" to destroy every shield thrown at him before it can be used
--he throws 700 damage meteors frequently, so keep him fire dispelled
--he calls in the Minions after sustaining an amt of damage
--he starts dropping -50% shields after the Minions are out for which a Myth should be used to counter attack.

Challenging, but he drops a school-specific ring that is of more value than the DS Gurtok rings, and drops a key that will you will use at some point in the future to gain access to a new tower in Krok [it is rumored].

Hope that helps, yours, Steven DeathBlossom

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Rihanna12 wrote:
I went into Briskbreeze Tower on Colossus Boulevard. Daren Whisperwind said to me, "The bosses here will cheat, they have more power than wizards" or something like that. What stuff can the bosses do that wizards can't?
Only the last boss cheats. he
-takes off his traps and puts it on who gave it to him
-goes twice
-when his health is low, he gets 3 helpers that make it harder
-uses tons of multihit spells like meteor strike, earthquake etc(btw these spells are WAY WAY WAY overpowered than the origonal ones)

So thats how he cheats

Survivor
Oct 26, 2009
Wait, first HOW DO YOU GET TO BRISKBREEZE TOWER? Please reply

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
i went into briskbreeze tower and i beat the boss and he never summoned anyone he had a minion out

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
Briskbreeze is available to wizards at level 50. There are two bosses at different stages in this instance. You cannot teleport into it either.

First Boss: Pretty straight forward, I do not recall him cheating too much. However, after a couple rounds, he summons his minion. This minion will cast a Meteor doing 10,000 damage when it has four pips. I think the boss will summon him again if the minion gets defeated...if you take too long killing the boss himself.

Final Boss: Cheats the whole time (it seems).
-Traps are removed from him immediately after casting, one at a time.
-After a few rounds or he has lost 50% of his health, he summons 3 balance minions.
-He will put tower shields on himself after each tower shield is removed (it seems).
-He likes to cast Meteor at 2 pips for 700 damage, and REALLY likes Heckhound at 2 pips for 560 damage EACH ROUND.
-Sometimes he will cast spells back to back before you even get a chance. When his health is lower (or maybe 10 rounds have passed?), he will cast Earthquake (this one does NOT remove shields thankfully), then Meteor, then Heckhound all in one turn. Basically 3 spells in a row going first.

I have a hard time believing anyone who says they soloed it, but kudos to them if they have. It's still hard with 2 wizards, 3 is serviceable, just go in with 4 and hope you get the correct school ring! Good Luck

Survivor
May 02, 2009
nick5678910 wrote:

First of all you have to be 50

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
nick5678910 wrote:

First you have to be at level 50. Once you are at level 50, get the quest from the Sargent in Olde Town, the same one that sends you to the 3 streets (firecat, triton, cyclops). You will have to also talk to a couple others before you get to briskbreeze, just follow the quest.

Delver
May 31, 2009
sberger11604 wrote:
Hi,
I know a more detailed explanation of the bosses in BriskBreeze is available at Wizard101Central.com, but in brief and to the best of my memory:

Level 4 - a puzzle; if solved, no battle; if not solved, 2 opponents [collect only the blue mana blips and do not touch a red blip -- even in error.
Level 5 - 1 Boss calls 3 Minions. The Ember Minions throw 10,000 damage meteors, so you must keep them constantly fire dispelled while others work to kill quickly.
--he uses "interruptions" to destroy every shield thrown at him before it can be used
--he starts dropping -50% shields after the Minions are out for which a Myth should be used to counter attack.

Challenging, but he drops a school-specific ring that is of more value than the DS Gurtok rings, and drops a key that will you will use at some point in the future to gain access to a new tower in Krok [it is rumored].

personally I hope the new world is full of bosses like these

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
personally I hope the new world is full of bosses like these Oh my, i cant IMAGINE the last boss in celestia :|

Me + Last boss of celestia if he was like this = ME GETTING PWNED :(

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
Of cousrse the guy in the tower the bosses are gonna so be rdy andwhat kind of key are we talking about here wait! i am missing a badge no the 3 page and 7 slot maybe for beating the tower it may give me the badge but is it true or may it be fake plz anthing would help

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
mpetersen68 wrote:
... personally I hope the new world is full of bosses like these

If that is what is planned for Celestia, KI have you forgotten how many complained, and how many quit the game due to MB? Have you forgotten MB and its silliness of being grabbed on every corner before reaching your quest requirements. Complaints and people quitting the game due to the grabbing nonsense in MB were so high that KI changed the monster paths.

As for the Briskbreeze drops, those "prized" rings come with a price of mana and sometimes pip percentage increases, and all for 5% higher hit power which are not worth the trouble for use on the streets of the spiral. Ohhhhhhh pvp stats look hot, but at what price (all lose mana)? The storm ring lost power pip percentage increase over the gurtok ring, so better gear.? Don't go there. Fun and novelty for a side quest, great.

As a mainstay for the game logic or any future additional worlds, GET REAL. As with every other top MMOG, KI is in the business of providing a fantasy away from the grind not producing a grind.

Explorer
Jun 03, 2009
Rihanna12 wrote:
all i know is that the fire boss gives a weakness to the first player on turn 1 and casts another spell after that and every 2 turns when he doesn't have a exploding ember he'll summon one without using any pips and his minion is a rank8 plus at 4 pips the exploding ember will try to knock you out.

Explorer
Jun 03, 2009
nick5678910 wrote:
you go get a quest from sergant muldoon after becoming level 50.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
nick5678910 wrote:

Talk to Sergeant Muldoon in Olde Town then Mindy Pixiecrown and you'll get the quest to go in there.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
the bosses in brisk breeze tower cheat because they use cheap spells called "interupts". when a boss interupts it can use a spell without taking up his turn. also, they can do a spell as simple as meteor strike and totally wipe you out. with no power ups or anything. also the last boss can summon 3 minions with out using up his turn. the best way to avoid this is to use the fizzle spell on the bosses so that they cant do a spell.

Noah FireGem
lvl 50 fire grandmaster

Explorer
Apr 28, 2010
I am going to tell every detail of that tower on this post. Many have posted but by my expirience, it's different. NOTE: That only the bosses cheat. The Bosses are in floors 5 and 10.
Floor 1 NPC Daren Whisperwind
Floor 2 Crypt Crawler (2) (Myth) and Frost Phantom (2) (Ice)
Floor 3 Crypt Crawler (2) (Myth) and Viridian Spectre (2) (Balance)
Floor 4 Fire Shrieker (2) (Fire) and Viridian Spectre (2) (Balance) NOTE: This floor has Health Wisps but you will be pulled in battle if ou try to get the wisps also these wisps are on a timer which means they disappear over time.
Floor 5 Angrus Hollowsoul (Boss) (Fire) How he cheats: He is kinda easy except he has a lot of health. It is suggestedto make the player that attacks the least go first since he casts weakness to the player that goes first. He summons a minion every for rounds until the third one comes, these are called Exploding Embers (Fire) they will only cast a Meteor Strike that does 10,000 of damage so kill him before he gets for pips or cast Quench on him which is very useful.
Floor 6 Agent Clatterer (2) (Life) and Crypt Crawler (2) (Myth)
Floor 7 Steel Sentinel (2) (Storm) and Fire Shrieker (2) (Fire)
Floor 8 NOTE: This floor has some Mana Wisps but they are a puzzle because there are also invisible Green Wisps you know they are there because they cast a shadow. To open the door you must catch the blue wisps if you catch any green wisps 2 Viridian Spectres (Balance) come. A tip is to have only one player get the blue wisps and unequip his pet to do it.
Floor 9 Same enemies as Floor 2.
Floor Orrick Nightglider (Boss) (Death) and NPC Lieutenant Culpepper
How he cheats: He is very annoying but can be done although Quench is required to beat him unless you got lots of Fire Shields. He starts as a reqular boss then after a few rounds he casts a Heck Hound that does 1680 of damage over 3 rounds using no pips and Meteor Strike and Earthquake that does 750 of damage to all player but Earthquake does'nt remove blades or traps. He also removes traps (not converts) so dont use them you can use Elemental or Spirit traps if you don't mind losing Life or Storm. When his health drops to 4,000 he summons 3 Stompers they have 1,500 of hp and are Balance they don't cheat but they do cast Judgement, both Elemental and Spirit Shields, Balanceblade and Hex. When Orrick's health is at 4,000 of health he casts Tower Shield after every attack which ignores steal spells (Ghoul, Vampire, Wraith and Scarecrow) and it only counts once for Minotaur and Orthrus. He stops Tower Shield when his health drops to 2,000 after that he doesnt have any more cheats other than the overpowered Heck Hound, Meteor Strike and Earthquake. After he dies, hope he drops your school ring, I got my Grandmaster Life ring on my second try. NOTE: These rings are No Trade so you can't pass them down to another character.

Explorer
Jul 06, 2009
nick5678910 wrote:

two circles after Mindy Pixelcorn

Explorer
Jul 06, 2009
sberger11604 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks Steven, this really helps. I guess keep taking out that minion first and foremost really helps. I did this tower the other day and was defeated by that 10,000

Explorer
Jul 06, 2009
nick5678910 wrote:

I believe it is a level 50 quest picked up in DraagonSpyre.

Defender
May 08, 2009
MordanTheGreat wrote:
mpetersen68 wrote:
... personally I hope the new world is full of bosses like these

If that is what is planned for Celestia, KI have you forgotten how many complained, and how many quit the game due to MB? Have you forgotten MB and its silliness of being grabbed on every corner before reaching your quest requirements. Complaints and people quitting the game due to the grabbing nonsense in MB were so high that KI changed the monster paths.

As for the Briskbreeze drops, those "prized" rings come with a price of mana and sometimes pip percentage increases, and all for 5% higher hit power which are not worth the trouble for use on the streets of the spiral. Ohhhhhhh pvp stats look hot, but at what price (all lose mana)? The storm ring lost power pip percentage increase over the gurtok ring, so better gear.? Don't go there. Fun and novelty for a side quest, great.

As a mainstay for the game logic or any future additional worlds, GET REAL. As with every other top MMOG, KI is in the business of providing a fantasy away from the grind not producing a grind.

For a short time every boss in the spiral could use interrupt(Jade Oni could summon the other Onis as minions!), but that was shot down quickly by a huge number of players.Later, when many lvl 50 wizards were complaining for something to do,KI had the idea that a lone tower could still be allowed to cheat.This finally created a challenge for lvl 50 players that wouldn't get the mainstream of players mad.

I am not sure if BriskBreeze will affect Celestia or not(storyline)but I have a feeling that KI will still keep cheating bosses locked in BriskBreeze Tower.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
goodmood wrote:
nick5678910 wrote:

After you are level 50 Grandmaster, you go to the Sergeant across from the Bazaar in WC and talk to him. That will give you the quest. As for the complainer up here that had nothing to say but negatives...DON'T PLAY! That simple! I love it!

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
nick5678910 wrote:
You have to be grand

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
goodmood wrote:
nick5678910 wrote:

Actually, you get it from Private Muldoon in Olde Town right by the Bazaar. Then you have to find Private O'Doyle then Mindy PixieCrown, THEN Kirby LongSpear. You must be lvl 50, or else Private Muldooon doesn't have the over his head.

Sophia Strong lvl 50 Master of Balance