Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hello from a new player - Adult

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
Hello everyone ,

I am an Adult player new to Wizard 101 i have stoped playing wow after 4 years because i do not like the direction the game is going in i was told to check this game out and after a few hours i had no problem signing up for a year at $60.00 this game is like a breath of fresh air for me .

Every person i talk to is nice and friendly and the game is fun for solo and players in a group. I was aways sceptical to join a new MMO in fear that i will put in alot of work and have the game close up on me a year later but i thought why not give it a try I do not think this game is going anyware anytime soon as it seems to be doing very well.

I just wanted to say hello to all of you and i hope to around for a long time like i said i just left wow after a 4 year subscription so i plan to play lng term :-)

any tips or anything i should know that could help me would be great thanks for your time and hope to see you all in-game.

and for KingsIsle : Great work on this game my hats off to you I really enjoy it and i am only lvl 5 .

thanks again
Shortyg35

Explorer
Oct 14, 2008
Hello and welcome to the game ! I too have played a few mmo's and had the game close down after putting so much hard work into my account! This game give me butterflies in my stomach every time i play it because of the beautiful graphics,breath taking scenery,amazing players,awesome idea's, and many other things that make this game very well rounded and even educational in some aspects.I am glad that you joined our gaming community here in wizard 101 have fun

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Hello, and welcome to the game!

I too am also an adult, and I am really enjoying playing Wizard101.

It seems like just about everything in this game is handled wonderfully by the folks who designed it. Nearly every aspect of the game is so polished and well thought out, that it is a joy to play.

I have played other online games.. and I have had (at least) some fun in most of them, but Wizard101 really stands out from the others, because in so many ways this game gets everything right. It hits all of the right notes.

After playing for about a year now my character is a Grand Master, and even though he is at the (current) maximum level I am still having a blast helping my friends. I still want to play.. even with my Grand.

So I share your enthusiasm for this game. In my opinion, it just gets better the more you get into it.

Have fun!

Survivor
Feb 19, 2010
This game is very addicting. I like how it incorporates known themes (i.e Wizard of OZ and Harry Potter) into a very well constructed story line. As an avid AD&Der of over 20 years this game is just the ticket for solo RPGing and it even gives me ideas to use in my AD&D games. :-D

Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
Hello! :) I have been here for a small bit of time but enjoying every second! I hope you have as much fun as I am and good luck! If you need help I can assist in your quests if you would like!

~ Steven ShadowShard - Grand Master of death!

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Welcome to the game. I do hope you find it as enjoyable as I and many others do.

I am also an adult and right now I have three Grandmasters and working on my fourth. With each school the style of play changes making each one different as you quest.

I would stay one of the most important things to learn is how to use your training points and keep in mind at a higher level the chances of you using an out of school spell for an attack is rare. (at least it is for me.) With the power pips you start gaining at level 10 attacking with your school spells is easier.

Another thing to remember is this: All the schools are equal with their own strengths and weaknesses.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life
Hannah Summerglade Level 50 Fire
Hannah Earthbreaker Lever 50 Balance
Hannah Legendstalker Level 30 Myth

Defender
May 29, 2009

shortyg35, welcome to the game! It's a lot of fun. You should look into joining www.wizard101central.com as well. It's a very active community forum for W101 players. Lots of great tips there. Great place to ask questions or to arrange meetups with other people in game.

shortyg35 wrote:
Hello everyone ,

I am an Adult player new to Wizard 101 i have stoped playing wow after 4 years because i do not like the direction the game is going in i was told to check this game out and after a few hours i had no problem signing up for a year at $60.00 this game is like a breath of fresh air for me .

Every person i talk to is nice and friendly and the game is fun for solo and players in a group. I was aways sceptical to join a new MMO in fear that i will put in alot of work and have the game close up on me a year later but i thought why not give it a try I do not think this game is going anyware anytime soon as it seems to be doing very well.

I just wanted to say hello to all of you and i hope to around for a long time like i said i just left wow after a 4 year subscription so i plan to play lng term :)

any tips or anything i should know that could help me would be great thanks for your time and hope to see you all in-game.

and for KingsIsle : Great work on this game my hats off to you I really enjoy it and i am only lvl 5 .

thanks again
Shortyg35

Defender
May 18, 2009
Hello new fellow wizard. Welcome to the game. Here's a tip: if you're out of mana and need to get it fast, go to the mini games and play Conjuration Concentration until you have 1,000 points then stop and you will have all your mana back!

-Hunter Skullgem, Grandmaster Thaumaturge.