Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Adding a little life to our homes

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
One of my favorite aspects of this game is the degree in which you can customize your home. One thing that bugs me, though, is that many times the bigger places just feel a bit empty. This gave me an idea. "Living" furniture pieces.

No not walking chairs, but animated npc's that you could place around your home. For example, I figured that at certain levels you could be called by Ambrose or your respective teacher and be given a mini quest to help recruit or rescue a new student. After completing the quest the "student is assigned to be your apprentice. The npc would function just like a furniture piece, but would be dressed accourding to the player's school and could come in different positions.

i.e. Sitting Apprentice (chair would be part of npc for simplicity), Research Apprentice (holding a book in one hand and waving a pointed finger with the other), Alchemist Apprentice (holds up a flask and vial)

Each would be animated to a degree, but no more than your average npc around town. They would also be "Limit 1, No Auction" items like statues to make them special. I think people would appreciate these additions to make classrooms or have them function as "servants" in their homes.

This could even be expanded to drops for different worlds. Moosho could drop a Samoorai (and MB a Dog Police respectively) that partols back and forth a set distance (would have to be set like a long furniture piece) or a Salamander (one of each color) from Kroc. People could collect different npc's to set up "shops" or act like they perform certain duties within the home.

Historian
May 15, 2009
i completely support
this is a cool idea
i would love to have my own apprentice

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
I like the idea! Here is my version of it. I personaly can never decide witch pet to keep with me, but I think that we should be able to let are pets stay at home. By this, I mean that there should be an icon that le- ts your pets literally run around our home, like a moving NPC. They can also interact with certain furniture, such as a chest, witch they can open. tell me what you think!

Survivor
Jan 16, 2009
Survivor
Nov 23, 2008
I love the idea of having workers around the house that could act like there cooking or cleaning or gardening. I also love very much the idea of letting your pets run freely around your house and playing with each other. I also have an idea that when you are near a chair you could press something to sit down or when your near a couch you could do the same. Who likes this idea also? One more thing is that it would be so awesome if you could set up your own shop. You could pay an NPC like the one in the bazaar and buy some furniture like a small building and inside you could sell things and your friends could to and they can buy things also. Furthermore, you could also set the prices if you wanted. Those are some cool ideas that I have. Thanks!