Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Those poor ice wizards

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
well i noticed ice students get their blades LAST in MOO SHU(around level 42)! while every other school gets their's before the end of krokotopia, that is 2 worlds difference! As well as ice is the ONLY school that apon finishing marleybone, gets no card. SO i please ask that kingsile please move the blade to beating marleybone, or add another card to ice for after marleybone preferably a attack boasting card, sense ice has lower attack then even life!

Pleas post your opinions, No slamming schools plz

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
well i noticed ice students get their blades LAST in MOO SHU(around level 42)! while every other school gets their's before the end of krokotopia, that is 2 worlds difference! As well as ice is the ONLY school that apon finishing marleybone, gets no card. SO i please ask that kingsile please move the blade to beating marleybone, or add another card to ice for after marleybone preferably a attack boasting card, sense ice has lower attack then even life!

Actually I run Ice and Life a lot...I mean that I use them together in one wizard for certain reasons. Like all my Life wizards always take Ice second...so I really see the spells together a LOT...lol. And, yeah, starting them like that is a slow process, but I only run Ice on Life up to tower shield, then get Death to Feint. I get Ice on Life as a second because in starting it that way it will give life a couple elemental shields(Storm/Fire) in the Volcanic Shield set that Ice gets...which come in very handy in Krokotopia. Otherwise Life is stuck with one shield set that is useless most of the time until you get to a much higher level.

When Ice and Life start they both get equal attack on each attack spell they get...per rank of spell. The only difference is Rank 6 spells; Life's Centaur is slightly stronger than Ice's Colossus. BUT Life NEVER gets a attack AoE(like Frost Giant...awesome spell!), and Life can never get more traps than, at best, Life Trap, Spirit Trap, and if they are smart they will get Feint from Death. (When I say that I mean when the wizard solos(has no help giving them extra traps) and does not use treasure cards like Curse or Hex or other treasure card traps...which would be horribly expensive to count on those in every battle!) But with Ice you can get Ice Trap, Elemental Trap, get Feint from Death, and get the amulet that gives you a couple +35% Ice traps that will stack with the other traps...BOOM!...Ice is stronger in the end. And, honestly can be stronger than some other schools too ;)

I do agree, however, that Ice Blade should come much sooner. And it would be nice if it came at the end of MB instead of getting nothing when every other school gets something. But the sort of fun/challenge is making Ice stronger without having that little benefit until...actually level 38(when you get the Ice Blade.) I think it makes you a stronger player when you have to figure out how to make what is basically a weak spell stronger in order to compete with others.

I love Ice and it's only second to Storm in my book...yet is pretty much Storm's opposite as far as traits go. But if you are smart you can make a very, very strong Ice wizard, even in those middle levels. I start an Ice wizard with Death as a secondary, so by the time I hit MB I got Feint and bosses are no problem.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2009
i think they have terrible attack spells there blades dont boost much even storm lord is almost like a ortorus to all enimes myth is terrible attack to
even lifes best attack spell hits a 595 that is just terrible that is only 15 better than kraken so ice is just one of those little attack schools just like myth or life

like she said plz write back

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
Don't be critisizing us life students! If you didn't have us to fight you'd be dead in an instant.

Defender
May 24, 2009
Survivor
May 03, 2009
i like ice school because of the defense that we have
we can stay in a match longer than most schools
and we do have some pretty good cards like ice guardian
or frost giant. and kings isle i think it would be helpful to
put the ice blade out a bit earlier for us ice wizards.

thanks

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
christo213 wrote:
i think they have terrible attack spells there blades dont boost much even storm lord is almost like a ortorus to all enimes myth is terrible attack to
even lifes best attack spell hits a 595 that is just terrible that is only 15 better than kraken so ice is just one of those little attack schools just like myth or life

like she said plz write back

Myth doesn't seem so strong but really it's the third strongest damage. :|

Explorer
Mar 24, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:

I'm currently going through ice, and I haven't had that many problems. Even without the ice blade, there's the Elemental Blades you can get in Krokotopia. Yeah, the spells are weak, but it's countered by the insane amount of HP you get. I currently have well over 3200 HP for my character and I'm only at Level 48, so I haven't acquired the Level 50 garb yet.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
Poor Ice Wizards, Really!!
Well, I have never been anything but an Ice Wizard past level 5 so maybe I dont really know what I am missing. I started with a Storm and tired Life but ultimately went with Ice mainly for the HP survivorability.

I tried each of the school's low level spells to get a feel for them and then did a repec. I went with balance and then added death when I ran out of options. I always make sure I have good gear with well rounded stats. I am ashamed of some of the Ice Wizards I see out there who are the same or higher level than me with stats that look they are wearing their original garb.

I solo all the time. I group usually if someone asks for my help. I even soloed Big Ben the other day. Took me 2 1/2 hours but I did it and that is at level 36, around 2300 hp with 290 pwr. I used my Ice Guardian and I only brought up a low level henceman for the last two encounters and I am not even sure that was necessary. I just didnt want to die and have to start over.

I did do another respec the other day changing balance to myth to give that a try and I kept death as well. I was thinking that Life as a third choose might have been a better option, I feel a bit helpless when a friend I am grouped with dies and there is nothing I can do but to finish the battle solo.

If Ice Wizards are truely missing out on something that everyone else is getting earlier, man, I would be even more powerful.

Sincerely,

Sabrina Wintersong :)

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I see a lot of people talking about blades and traps.

I am a Myth wizard, and while my magic is not very strong, I do not carry a single Myth blade, nor Myth trap. Instead, I carry shields. Those shields reduce incoming damage to a minimum, while at the same time I charge up my pips.

Instead of trapping and buffing, and spending several turns powering up spells, I simply fire off spells at a much faster rate.

(Even without pets, I am able to defeat monsters.)