Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level Requirement for Worlds

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
RottenHeart on Mar 12, 2013 wrote:
KimberleyMorse said:

"Yes, another player brings another enemy. One of the "fundamentals" of the game is to battle and defeat enemies. A good player is able to change their approach and battle strategy as needed. Often times when another player joins and attacks, they draw the attention of the enemy; therefore buying you more time to heal, build pips, etc."

I am curious what level your wizard is, or how far through the spiral you have progressed. This philosophy is okay for Marleybone or Mooshu, but not when you are actively questing in new territory in Avalon or Azteca.

I certainly would not want a level 20 firing off a firecat spell to distract the enemy. Blowing away my traps and feints just so I can die two rounds later. As gunslinger said, a level 20 in Azteca might live long enough to give you an extra blade, but then die upon getting hit. Unless the level 20 is glued closely to their high level host it is just not suitable for them to be in Avalon/Azteca.
You last paragraph hit the nail on the head rotten. If the low level is not understanding enough to stay with the mentor or friend then they donot belong in a battle in the high level world.

Survivor
May 13, 2012
well if your friend does not have text chat then it is a little hard to tell them things. my balance wizard has a friend who started out lower and now is higher.. and he is always calling me to help him..because she is like a timex watch and can take a licking and keep on ticking. I usually am helping him fight boss's that are way ot of my league, yeah they drop things i cannot use. so i put them in my bank or sell them for coin. I do not port to higher level wizards without asking. however lower level kids do sometimes do that to me and just make it harder for me to finish what i am doing. if you have friends like that and it bothers you...just remove them. as the saying goes..with friends like that who need enemys

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
If there were requirements it would most likely be:

Wc-1
Krok-10
Gh-20
Ws-25
Mb-25
Ms-33
Ds-40
Cl-48
Wt-48
Zf-60
Av-72
Az-80

Survivor
May 13, 2012
well i am kind of split on this topic. I have lower level wizards who want to friend me and they cause me trouble and want things (crowns etc) also they sometimes jump into fights and then leave. (ugh).
but i also have higher level friends (one is a 90) and they do ask me to help. especially my balance wizard.
and in return they help me in a tough fight. What i do if they have text chat is ask what wards i am going to need for the fight, so i can set my deck before i port in. because as you know, you go straight in. So yeah there should be some way of controling lower level wizards from just porting in without permission. I am an adult and dont have little school friends to form groups to fight with so i solo alot and it is not that easy sometimes. I do not need non-helpful help.

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Dannysonic2 on Aug 25, 2008 wrote:
No, because I tend to go to the world underleveled.
Like im level 23 in marleybone.
I am level 39 marleybone

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Littlebellevmk on Aug 25, 2008 wrote:
I find this so frustrating especially with the kids with no chat. You can not tell them they should not be here. I had a few I made friends that follow me into battle in mooshu. Would 900 points be good enough no way.

In big ben fight we had to carry a kid who had 800 points. I would not like the levels to be too hard to get too. But no wizard that has not even finish Kroktopia should be able to get into Mooshu.

This never bothered me before. With chat people I can express my displeasure. With No chat all I can do is delete them. Which I think is much more cruel than telling them to stop following me and you should not even be here.

But if we have a chat button that said you should not be here go back home then I would see no need for minimal requirements.

Or maybe you could go to Mooshu but you would only get experience points for the level you are at. There is no way you could beat any of those monsters with 800 points. So If the prize is a robe the robe that player gets is the same value as they would get in Colossus.

So they would gain nothing for jumping up so high, but if they truly wanted to help a friend they could too.
me too i have a novice friend who follows me too marleybone and he has 400 health or something!

Survivor
Jan 30, 2011
Dannysonic2 on Aug 25, 2008 wrote:
No, because I tend to go to the world underleveled.
Like im level 23 in marleybone.
ya i realy dont like the lvl thing because i have 7 quests in marlybone, and i cant go

30 myth, Caitlin

Defender
May 11, 2012
It does get discouraging at times to have a low level jump into your fight. I can understand the curiosity of the lower levels to see the new worlds. What if, instead of a level restriction to the actual world, there would be a level restriction to the fights themselves? That way, the lower levels could satisfy their natural curiosity about the worlds they haven't reached yet, but they would be unable to join into a fight that they are ill-prepared to handle. I know that wizards of many levels help each other out , but seeing a level 10 trying to fight in Avalon or Azteca just doesn't make sense to me. If the fight-level restrictions were fairly generous, then a lot of wizards would still be able to have a lot of their friends high enough to help them out.

Explorer
Dec 11, 2009
I agree AND disagree. I agree to not letting a Level 1 novice into Avalon. Avalon is easier WITHOUT having another 3,000 health mob coming in. If a novice does port, and I didn't say I would help them level, I would leave them to get crushed by Heidi IronNails

But I don't think we should not allow access to a grandmaster trying to help us in Zafaria. There should be a warning that they should enter at their own risk, and we can regulate who we want to port.

Amber Nightblossom, level 76 Storm
Kestrel Ashthorn, level 20 Death

"Fizzle once, shame on you, Fizzle twice, shame on me."
"I ain't afraid of no ghosts!"

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
What about a level 40 that can solo Malistaire Drake? What about a level 55 that can solo Mirror Lake? Would you put restrictions on them?

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
Hmmmmm. Interesting idea, but personally I'm more in favor of either
a message to the player in the battle that says "low level alert! allow in?"
or
a message to the other person that says "This area is recommended for level 20+. Are sure you would like to enter?"

however that second one would get annoying if you were just low level for an area. I know my friend has asked for help as kind of a human shield. we go in to the high level battle and I stand in front. the enemy kills me. I flee drink a potion and come back. it's boring but it works.
Another thing you could do is allow them into high level worlds but don't let them leave the common area.

-Morgan Legendheart, pitifully low leveled, level 41

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
NeoNebula17 on May 3, 2013 wrote:
What about a level 40 that can solo Malistaire Drake? What about a level 55 that can solo Mirror Lake? Would you put restrictions on them?
Yup. If they haven't earned the right to be there, they shouldn't. This game is about questing, and earning levels and gear to help with the next area or world. Unlocking the key to the next world should be fun and exciting ..... and well earned.

If a low level is asked to port to a higher world to help out, great, I have no problem with that, however, that low level should be "leashed" to the person they are helping, and not be allowed to wander around and get into other people's battles.

I was questing with friends in Azteca and thank goodness there were four of us, because a level 47 was running around jumping in people's battles.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Perhaps a restriction that allows underleveled players to enter battle circles only if it contains the person they ported to for gainiing access to the world.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on May 7, 2013 wrote:
Yup. If they haven't earned the right to be there, they shouldn't. This game is about questing, and earning levels and gear to help with the next area or world. Unlocking the key to the next world should be fun and exciting ..... and well earned.

If a low level is asked to port to a higher world to help out, great, I have no problem with that, however, that low level should be "leashed" to the person they are helping, and not be allowed to wander around and get into other people's battles.

I was questing with friends in Azteca and thank goodness there were four of us, because a level 47 was running around jumping in people's battles.
Leashing the lower level wizard to their friend would solve a lot of issues. Then if their friend logged out or moved to another area, that leash would drag the lower level along or send them back to an area they have earned the right to.

I have never had a problem with lower levels taking a look at new worlds but I do have a problem with them joining my battles especially in higher worlds and then fleeing when they see the health of the enemy or pranking other players. I have run into this from Cl up. This was not much of a problem in the first arc, but has become a problem in the second arc.

Some sort of battle lock that would prevent lower levels joining a battle that their friend is not involved in. This would also have to apply to those who purchase areas with Crowns if they are not the proper level to be in that world for questing.

Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
rachel0839 and goldendragon18 are correct. One should not put a leash on other levels. Look at Teleport Tapestries. Anyone can get those.

Defender
Jul 03, 2012
Yes there should!!! I am tired of going to Avalon, then see one of my noob friends teleport then leave. It leaves me with 3 creatures to fight. I usually just flee and let them die.... or turn my port off. O:<
Its annoying!!!

Survivor
Jul 14, 2012
I personally think they shouldn't put restrictions. If they put restrictions on the worlds i'm guessing about hmmm, 20-30% of KI players would quit just because they can't enter in higher worlds.

I do admit It was really hard for my life without any AoE ( attack all emenies ) when some random that didn't help joined.

Heh, this game needs a constitution.