Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level Requirement for Worlds

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 18, 2009
I voted no. I soloed much of Celestia. You can do it, but it takes forever and you die a lot. I wasn't finding anyone willing to help me, so I had my son bring his low level life mage online and help instead. He didn't level up because mob exp is not that high, he was just there to help me. It made it go much faster and was less frustrating for me.

Not all low level people are useless and not all of them will do the 'port-drag-panic-flee'. I think you would be punishing just as many good players as bad ones with a level restriction on worlds. A fairer fix would be to have a pop-up for players that says 'so-and-so wishes to teleport to your location. Allow?'. Then you would have time to tell that person yes, no, or wait.

I also saw one suggestion that the people porting to you can see that you are in battle. That would help weed out the ones who want to helpfrom the ones who merely want to sightsee.

Another issue I see is with the gardening. My level 24 character is level 7 gardening. I got a higher level seed from one of my plants, still within my planting skill level, but it then developed a level 4 pest, which you can not destroy without access to the gardener on MooShu, which is still 2 worlds away for her. My son had a similar issue. Level 5 pests on a plants when he was still on Marleybone and could not get the spell.

But in the end, I think level restrtictions on worlds would be the beginning of the elitist mindset that has ruined other games for me. This game has a level of freedom that I enjoy and I hate to lose that. Pehaps there could be a certain server with level restrictions, but not the whole game. Not sure it can be seperated out like that, but I do believe there can be a middle ground.

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
I clicked Yes, but now i'm thinking no. It would ruin the fun. As right now there kinda is level requirements You can't get to Mooshu at level 4 right? Celestia at level 9? Krokotopia at 1? Yea thats kinda like level requirements. What about marleybone at 8? You kinda get my point here. So Say That... You had to be level 60 for Unicorn Way...? That would be overleveled! So i say NO. I'm level 12 and i made it all the way here. mostly by myself. No need for level requirements. I only used henchmans 2 times in the game. ( Yet )

Explorer
Feb 18, 2011
I said no but i think only for Celestia there should be a lvl cap because of the dungeons and how much exp. they have

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
i kinda have a new point for level requirements (which should happen), and this is something that happens to me:

yes, i have finished dragonspyre. but i had so many side quests left over there. i could so into celestia, i didn't even bother to do them. level requirements would really help me comeplete all those side quests.

i vote for yes for level restrictions! it should happen!

-Blaze Duskstone Legendary Conjurer

Survivor
Jul 14, 2008
I voted no. There's people with no manners in every game. Blaming it on low levels just isn't true because if it was, you would be able to say that about all of them. I've been playing this game since before it even had sound, and if I made a new character tomorrow, I would still be plenty competent as a player to play with my friends in any world that I chose to place myself in. Elitism and prejudice are unfair, inaccurate, and wrong for a reason.

The problems people are complaining about will still happen even if level restrictions were put into place. Implementing level requirements really won't accomplish what people are trying to address with this issue, and that's bad manners and inconsideration for others - which will happen sometimes, no matter what you do. The only difference is, it would penalize the players who DO know how to play well with others - on both sides of the fence.

So let people play together if they want. In games like this the rude ones are going to happen anyway. More and more rules isn't going to change that.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
I know yeah its annoying seeing a level 30 in celestia, but they do have the right to be there. Kingsisle said paying players have the right to go to any realm no matter their level. I find it annoying, but there really isn't anything Kingsisle or us can do.

Aaron Drakewalker Legendary Pyromancer

Survivor
Mar 19, 2010
I don't like this idea.
One of my wizards is level 18 and he already is doing Marleybone. And my level 30 already is in Mooshu.
The only one world that need to got required level is Celestia. It's already level 48 and that is cool, cause Celestia is too hard. :? And people who finished DS and aren't level 48 needs to finish Grizzleheim, and then it's cool, but just in that case.

Explorer
Dec 23, 2009
MrOwl wrote:
I'm so-so with this idea.

It annoys me to no end when Novices jump into duels, pulling another monster in with you in Marlybone mind you, and then flee because the monsters are too hard.

I, however, like to have support from a couple of lower-leveled True Friends in Instanced Areas in certain worlds.

Maybe a way to keep them from jumping into your duels is that they get a busy signal if you're in a duel. But if you want help you could send an 'SOS' that the friend could click on, and then and only then, could they jump to you.

i love this idea! the SOS thing would make this game even more enjoyable! :D :D :D :D

Survivor
Dec 31, 2009
Whoever got the 'warning' idea back in the first few pages, I couldn't agree more.
Often, my higher-level friend gets stuck in dungeons, and she calls on me to help. Without my help, she might still be in Krokotopia! (She's in Mooshu : ) I don't enjoy the lower level people (and a few higher levels too) fleeing my battles, which were hard enough without them, like the rest of you. But help is help, and by now you should know who flees or not.
But others have good points. Messing around in higher level worlds (1) wastes your time in your current world and (2) can get you killed easily. The world you are in is the right one for your level, meaning you can usually (here's looking at you, Marleybone) solo the street enemies.
But back to what I was saying: I would not like to get caught in the Hall of Valor without knowing how hard the people are in there. A warning is enough. A good reason or stubbornness gets you through.
Destiny Soultamer Level 34 Thaumaturge

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
octagig wrote:
I think it would be a good idea to place level requirements on the worlds, reasonable levels that a person would be at when they reach a new world. Lately I am seeing more and more people taking lower level friends through high level worlds to get them to level up faster.

It just seems like it takes away from the game and isn't really fair to those of us who actually worked to get to where we are. It would also cut back on the number of noobs who teleport in, add an enemy, then leave because it is too overwhelming for them.

Here are my ideas:

1). When someone tries to teleport to you, you get a pop-up note saying. "___ ___ Level ___ School ___ will like to teleport to you. Will you allow this person to do so?". This way people can choose to either prevent a teleport or allow one instead of completely disabling friend teleports.

2.) If a wizard enters a world that he/she does not belong in, he/she will get no or very little exp, gold, and drops from the monsters he/she fights there, if they were able to survive. And they will never get any badges in that world if they did not do the quest(s) to get them.

3.) Make the monsters, elites, and bosses there cheat if a wizard that do not belong there try to fight them, or instead of two monsters for each player, there will be four monsters battling an low level or someone that did not meet the requirements to fight them.

4.) If a low level or someone that does not belong there goes to a world that they shouldn't be in, he/she cannot talk to anyone, cannot fight anyone, and cannot join sigils. It will be like they are in ghost mode, the mode that you are briefly in after a duel, forever. They cannot receive quests in that world, they cannot battle in that world, and they cannot join any duels in there either.

I know you people paid for the game, but you are really making the game an annoyance to the others.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2011
Even if you go to another world YOU WILL BE DEFEATED instantly if you aren't ready. Why are people so bent out about this. All it is is lower level wizards seeing what the big kids do. I once ported to see what it did and a ported to Moo Shu. I WAS SO SCARED because i saw a level 5 opponent. 5 seconds and i was out of there. As for normal access we should have to be required to do a certain quest.

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
Having leveling requirements, might mean more worlds at the same level. This might be a bad thing, because there are only so many possible worlds. KI may reduce the number of realms to get more people on them, becuase getting stuck on a quest with no friends is no fun.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2011
I think there SHOULD be level requirements because im in Krokotopia currently and wizards like level 3 are giving me friend request

Delver
Sep 20, 2009
octagig wrote:
I think it would be a good idea to place level requirements on the worlds, reasonable levels that a person would be at when they reach a new world. Lately I am seeing more and more people taking lower level friends through high level worlds to get them to level up faster.

It just seems like it takes away from the game and isn't really fair to those of us who actually worked to get to where we are. It would also cut back on the number of noobs who teleport in, add an enemy, then leave because it is too overwhelming for them.

There it is again. "Noobs." Do you realize that, that is an offensive term for wizards who just have less experience? You were also once a "noob" so you should really consider that. Many people are curious and want to see what their gonna be up against if they or when they get to that world. Even if you weren't like this and curious and interfering other battles, you still have to consider others. No, I don't think level requirements should be placed because of one problem. What if you finished that world and your just 1 level away from the requirement of the next world? Are you supposed to just keep fighting monsters to get to the next world? No, level requirements should NOT be placed on worlds.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Yes, it is really annoying to have noobs ruin your battles for fun.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
octagig wrote:

I hate those wizards who join a battle and say noob the whole time and don't help you. One time I got so mad I typed 'stop saying noob you noob.' Then he left the battle. I'm kind of sorry for being mean to him, but i couldn't take it any more. Is there any way to put the word noob as an un-valid word? Also I think that people that are close or a higher level than the worlds averaage level or starting level (ex. Grizzelhiem lvl 20, Krokitopia about level 14, etc) can go to that world. I think that because I was a level 13 when I either could go to Krokitopia or ride the boat to the floating island.

Jasmine Lifesword lvl 32+ 8) :D 8)

Survivor
Jan 30, 2010
Well I am level 41 and I still cant go to marleybone of mooshu.
I have to have my friends go there and then teleport to them

BTY im Stephanie balance lvl 41

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
Heck yes there should be one! I know its nice and all for lower levels to come and level up or whatever by doing high level dungeons and street battles, but higher levels find this VERY annoying. Especially when someone who is a low level, ports, gets another monster in the battle, and then expects you to do all the dirty work.They want you to shield them, heal them, and kill all the monsters. Even if they try to help, no offence, but it really isn't helpful when they monsters have over 1000 health. For me ( a person who is average at this game, not good but not terrible) a lower level bringing in more monsters in Zafaria for example, is definately not helpful. So I would appreciate a minimum level requirement for every world. Thank you for listening.

~ Alura Waterheart lvl 66 ~

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
I posted on here earlier and chose yes. But, if we aren't going to put a lvl requirement, then at the least, we could take away experience from quests or dungeons, so that way wizards who are low levels can't just go to the Stellarium and level up like 10 times. The high levels had to work to get where they are, and the same should apply to low levels. They could still be able to go to dungeons to help their friends (if they actually are helpful) and get drops and such, but no experience. That would be much more fair. Also, I agree that wizards porting to friends in a battle should not automatically be put in. It could be just like if they just got out of a battle, they would look like ghosts and have time to get off the road before being attacked. This would be a BIG help. Thanks again.

~ Alura Waterheart lvl 66 Ice ~

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
oceanopolis555 wrote:
I posted on here earlier and chose yes. But, if we aren't going to put a lvl requirement, then at the least, we could take away experience from quests or dungeons, so that way wizards who are low levels can't just go to the Stellarium and level up like 10 times. The high levels had to work to get where they are, and the same should apply to low levels. They could still be able to go to dungeons to help their friends (if they actually are helpful) and get drops and such, but no experience. That would be much more fair. Also, I agree that wizards porting to friends in a battle should not automatically be put in. It could be just like if they just got out of a battle, they would look like ghosts and have time to get off the road before being attacked. This would be a BIG help. Thanks again.

~ Alura Waterheart lvl 66 Ice ~

I voted no for the simple fact that I have used a lower life wizard on my second account to help one of my higher wizards in a difficult area.

KI posted the following reminder on January 30, 2012 in the Ravenwood news:

Reminder about Dungeons & Experience from QuestsThe first time you complete a quest within a dungeon you receive 100% of the experience for the quest. The second time you complete the same quest within that same dungeon, you receive 50% experience for that quest. All subsequent times you complete that quest within that dungeon, you do not receive any experience. You will always receive full experience for duels against creatures, just not goals related to the quest.

So even if a wizard does manage to level up from from the Stellarium (my balance wizard soloed this) they will get reduced XP the next time they do the same area. It will eventually level them back out to what the should be, so I don't really see this as a Problem. Even though I do occasionally port one of my lower wizards to a higher one, I do not do it to power level them. I do it because I need the help for a specific battle.

mrsnelsonrocks47

Well I am level 41 and I still cant go to marleybone of mooshu.
I have to have my friends go there and then teleport to them

BTY im Stephanie balance lvl 41

MrNelsonrocks47, it appears that you may have missed a quest that will take you to Marleybone. If you are having trouble picking up the storyline quests, you can file a report with support and they can help you get back on track.

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
I voted no, Yeah, i have only had this "Teleporting to a higher level world and fleeing to let your friend die" Problem with a friend once, but i deleted him.
There would be ups and down to level requirements for worlds. Like.............
Down: Level 48 defeated Malistare and has to be level 50 to go to Celestia
Up: Encourage to get active on Wizard101 again (If was unactive) And/Or encourage to level up. You might run into a problem where your fighting Cuthalla (LOL!!!) And you need a friend to help, but you only have a level 23 theurgist friend on! Do you risk your life, Flee when your about to win and have to get Mana and restart, Or call you're Adept Friend for help?

Alura Mythshade level 50 Necromancer
Calamity OrgeBlossom level 36 Theurgist
Cheryl Trollcaster level 41 Pyromancer

Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
I don't think it's nessessary to have a level requirement for worlds. If someone's porting to you, just turn the ports off for a while. :)

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
not at all, excluding people is'nt a good way to stop the problem, the way i see it its the people inviting lower level friends to high worlds not the people who get invited

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009

i am level 43 and i'm still not in marley bone it drives me crazy plus its not fair that i have to work twice as hard.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
No, it helps your wizard level up sometimes. EXAMPLE: You higher lvl friend lets say level 53. Your wizard is lets say 11. Your level 53 friend can POSSIBLY take you to go to A dungeon to level up.