Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level Requirement for Worlds

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
No. If there were level requirements we would probably have to do every single quest there is in that world which would be irritating because i do side quests later if i get bored or when i get on a higher level.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
Cynical wrote:
Actually I think this comes down to people jumping into a battle where the person there gets additional goons, then that person flees, leaving those that were there first to fight a much harder battle.

Grrrr...seems this is happening more and more in the last few weeks.

See I don't flee...even if I die, my friends will bring me back!

Too bad there couldn't be some sort of consequence for fleeing a battle with mana left? That should be easy for a computer program to identify.

What sort of consequence should they get? Lose all their coins? Lose all the stuff in their backpacks?

And take heed, if you are on my friend list, tp to me to find I am in battle, I expect you to stay and help. After that feel free to go your own way.

If you tp in to just leave me with 4 goons instead of 2....I will take that as an agreement to remove you from my friend list....cause friends don't do that!

I think the mana is used for them to run away from further harm

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
littlebelle wrote:
I find this so frustrating especially with the kids with no chat. You can not tell them they should not be here. I had a few I made friends that follow me into battle in mooshu. Would 900 points be good enough no way.

In big ben fight we had to carry a kid who had 800 points. I would not like the levels to be too hard to get too. But no wizard that has not even finish Kroktopia should be able to get into Mooshu.

This never bothered me before. With chat people I can express my displeasure. With No chat all I can do is delete them. Which I think is much more cruel than telling them to stop following me and you should not even be here.

But if we have a chat button that said you should not be here go back home then I would see no need for minimal requirements.

Or maybe you could go to Mooshu but you would only get experience points for the level you are at. There is no way you could beat any of those monsters with 800 points. So If the prize is a robe the robe that player gets is the same value as they would get in Colossus.

So they would gain nothing for jumping up so high, but if they truly wanted to help a friend they could too.
Umm... Just so you know nobody is making you help them. Not meaning to be rude.

Explorer
Mar 22, 2009
octagig wrote:
I think it would be a good idea to place level requirements on the worlds, reasonable levels that a person would be at when they reach a new world. Lately I am seeing more and more people taking lower level friends through high level worlds to get them to level up faster.

It just seems like it takes away from the game and isn't really fair to those of us who actually worked to get to where we are. It would also cut back on the number of noobs who teleport in, add an enemy, then leave because it is too overwhelming for them.
Here is the thing: Yes and no.

Yes because I was in krokotopia needing to level up. I had no subscription so i was limited in krokotopia. So i asked someone to help me so i ported. I levld up in mooshu and that is how i am a legendary today.

No: I agree, i don't like it when noobs join in a battle and flee just to give you more enemies to fight.

Survivor
Sep 22, 2010
There should definelty be level requirements. I was in Kroctopia and i saw a novice wizard. Like really. Thata was so sad. It's a lot of work getting new worlds and i just can't believe they just "got the world" by friending some high rank wizard. I've had so many people trying to friend now that i can travel through worlds. O yeah. I really want level requirements.

Survivor
Sep 08, 2010
I voted YES. There are 2 rules for creating these requirments...
1) Wizards that level should be able to make it through most of the battles there.
2) Wizards that ONLY follow the main storyline should not be forced to do side quests to meet the requisite.
So...
Krokotopia: Level 10
Marleybone: Level 18
MooShu: Level 25
Dragonspyre: Level 35
Celestia: Level 45
OR you could choose a friend on your list and click on a new button (mabye something like "Unlock higher worlds" meaning they could port to you even in high level worlds. If they abuse their privledge, you could click "Lock higher worlds" to stop them from porting.

-Mindy Ironcaller (Level 60 Life)

Survivor
May 19, 2011
i think no because what if your freinds in marlybone and you port to them and you dont have a quest and you want one then you get a quset in a diffrent area and you cant go there

Survivor
Dec 24, 2009
I think not, because I get to new worlds at a very low level.

Krok- 9 (Sometimes 10)
Mb- 20 (usually 21)
Moo- 26 (sometimes 27)
Ds- 35/36

Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
i say no because new worlds are fun when you get tired of the open ones but i do see two problems=enemies and quest. im level26 and i went to celestia and the enemies had like 6,451 health or somthing like that. now with the quest you have to be a sertain level to be able to get it so until you are level 67 you probably cant get that quest. its alot to figure out in the five minuts i came up with this comet.

Delver
Mar 08, 2009
Its a yes and a no.

Yes because it can be very annoying to have a lower level wizard join your battle and leave you with another enemy.

No because not every lower level is what most people call, a "noob". I have a legendary life and started a fire wizard who is now starting Marleybone. My higher level friends ask me to help them and I always helped them. I barely go to higher level worlds because I want to do the storyline so I can earn my way there. Not every lower level is a mindless "noob" as some will call them.

I can see why some people don't want lower lvls joining their duel and I can see why some other people think they should go to higher level worlds.

Honestly I don't have a problem with lower levels, as long as they know what they are doing.

Explorer
Jul 29, 2009
I voted no.

The Simple Solution is: when someone's friend wants to port in, a message should be sent to the person who's friend wants to port to them.

This is only for players that are not on the world that they are porting to yet.

Just my two-cents.

-tiryea

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
oh yes please! level requirements would help the noob invasion at cl and the other higher level worlds! -blaze duskstone legendary myth ;)

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
Dannysonic2 wrote:
No, because I tend to go to the world underleveled.
Like im level 23 in marleybone.
are you crazy! you didn't even earn the right to go to the higher level worlds the word i would use to describe this is lazy.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2011
~ Hello fellow young wizard ~ I toatlly agree ~ brianna sunrunner ~

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Another thing that could help is notification when friends are online or when they teleport to you.

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
octagig wrote:
I think it would be a good idea to place level requirements on the worlds, reasonable levels that a person would be at when they reach a new world. Lately I am seeing more and more people taking lower level friends through high level worlds to get them to level up faster.

It just seems like it takes away from the game and isn't really fair to those of us who actually worked to get to where we are. It would also cut back on the number of noobs who teleport in, add an enemy, then leave because it is too overwhelming for them.

no, it is NOT a good idea! if you don't want lower levels coming to worlds they shouldnt be at, DONT ADD THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE! is is really so hard to not accept a friend request? is it so hard to turn off your ports, group, and friend requests? is it that hard to put someone on ignore and change realms? in my opinion, people who ask for this kind of thing are too lazy to do the things mentioned above or just dont back up, take a deep breath, and really thing about this kind of thing.

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
let me say a true statement: all of you who think their shouldn't be level requirements are wrong. First of all, us grandmasters and legendaries are sick of noobs in celestia! wasting our feints, hexes, curses. etc. we could've used those traps to save up for a big spell. AND i dont like the fact that when they port to you, they look at the mobs health, then flee leaving us with more enemies to beat! So i think there should be level requirements

blaze duskstone legendary conjurer.

p.s. can someone tell me what a mob is? i heard of it but never knew what is was called

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
niyadjahan wrote:
let me say a true statement: all of you who think their shouldn't be level requirements are wrong. First of all, us grandmasters and legendaries are sick of noobs in celestia! wasting our feints, hexes, curses. etc. we could've used those traps to save up for a big spell. AND i dont like the fact that when they port to you, they look at the mobs health, then flee leaving us with more enemies to beat! So i think there should be level requirements

p.s. can someone tell me what a mob is? i heard of it but never knew what is was called

i know, i understand your pain, even suffered it, but really, if you didnt add them in the first place, there wouldn't be much of a problem. and i'm getting really tired of all this stereotypical view of low levels (aka: noobs if you forgot). not all of them are like that. i'm not, cause i've been through the worlds on my legend, and started other low leveled players, so does that make me part of your stereotype? NO. one "noob" who listens and knows not to take your traps and to heal you could be the only thing between total defeat with a boss and healing you so you could heal yourself later. you never know if that "noob" you have with you has one or more higher leveled players. and before you post "well, they COULD, but it doesnt happen", it does. there's like, 15-20 million players, so it does happen. if you don't want low levels in your fight, go to the less crowded realms, turn off all friend and group requests, and if that doesn't work, go to a different game that isnt an MMO kind of game.

OK! I'm done! :D

Amber Nightwraith, legendary necromancress(did i spell that right?)

p.s. i don't know what a mob is either.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
octagig wrote:

I voted no because i do it some times. And that's because i do the crafting quests and when i make those my main priority i end up in the pyramid of the sun with a quest in marlybone. So if i see a friend is in marlybone i teleport to them help them finish the battle, i don't just flee, and finish the crafting quest, get the crafting list and go back to where i was

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
kaleeraisen wrote:
octagig wrote:

no, it is NOT a good idea! if you don't want lower levels coming to worlds they shouldnt be at, DONT ADD THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE! is is really so hard to not accept a friend request? is it so hard to turn off your ports, group, and friend requests? is it that hard to put someone on ignore and change realms? in my opinion, people who ask for this kind of thing are too lazy to do the things mentioned above or just dont back up, take a deep breath, and really thing about this kind of thing.
dude, it is TOTALLY a good idea to put level requirements btw you dont have to be rude kaleeraison

-blaze duskstone legendary conjurer

p.s. i STILL dont know what a mob is quote this if you know what a mob means

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
kaleeraisen wrote:
niyadjahan wrote:

i know, i understand your pain, even suffered it, but really, if you didnt add them in the first place, there wouldn't be much of a problem. and i'm getting really tired of all this stereotypical view of low levels (aka: noobs if you forgot). not all of them are like that. i'm not, cause i've been through the worlds on my legend, and started other low leveled players, so does that make me part of your stereotype? NO. one "noob" who listens and knows not to take your traps and to heal you could be the only thing between total defeat with a boss and healing you so you could heal yourself later. you never know if that "noob" you have with you has one or more higher leveled players. and before you post "well, they COULD, but it doesnt happen", it does. there's like, 15-20 million players, so it does happen. if you don't want low levels in your fight, go to the less crowded realms, turn off all friend and group requests, and if that doesn't work, go to a different game that isnt an MMO kind of game.

OK! I'm done! :D

Amber Nightwraith, legendary necromancress(did i spell that right?)

p.s. i don't know what a mob is either.
what's a necromancress? is it a girl necromancer or something? anyways, i not sure if you spelled it correctly

Survivor
Jan 11, 2011
Dannysonic2 wrote:
No, because I tend to go to the world underleveled.
Like im level 23 in marleybone.
how can you get in to marybone at lvl 23 by you self because i am at lvl 33 and i cant get into marybone yet :?

Survivor
Jan 11, 2011
justin8er wrote:
octagig wrote:

Well what about people who do the world but skip side quests and are low lvl after they finish the world?
i am one of them but yet i make it to lvl 33 i have low lvl quests still but i am too lazy to do all of them i just do the most important ones like the questes were you try to finish that quest by talking to someone but that person gives you another quest but i always forget to dicenline it so i get stuck with that quest i wish you can remove questes because i have lame ines that just wast my time and if i dont do it it wastes my quest space and it gets anoying to try to find a certan quest

Defender
Feb 25, 2011
While I believe I must agree, this has been stated before in other threads and probably in this one, and I will state it again:

Kingsisle would be violating its subscription rights and regulations if it did not allow players "premium access to all areas of the spiral" at any given time. While I agree, it's annoying, there's nothing KI can do about it. While I'm sure most of the employees have integrity, and they do seem to care about their game, I will say this: the membership for wizard101 is just another perfectly good way to earn money for them. Players can do as they please as long as they pay. In return, they continuously update the game to keep their players happy.

Sure it's annoying. I know it's annoying, from both experiencing it as a low level teleporting to others and as a now-grand myself. But there's nothing we can do about it. People pay for their memberships and are therefore entitled to all that they entail.

Thanks for reading my overly-grammatically-correct novel. :-P

Sophia AshHeart
Level (FINALLY) 50 Balance

Rilee AshHeart
Level 8 Fire

Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
No, leave the game as it is. I have 4 children and even my 3 year old likes to play the game with me, she even has her own Character!

I love being able to help my children out and even have them port to me and help me out from time to time. Yes they are all lower level but they enjoy their fun helping Dad out as I do helping them.

This game is great for kids, safe fun and what a great way to spend a cold winter or an bad summer day inside with a few hours of Wizard101 and my children.

No level restrictions please! ( oh and thats 5 votes; four kids and me :)

Wizard101 good clean family fun!