Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

switching castles beetween players

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 06, 2009
I noticed recently that you cannot switch castles between your own characters in the game. If you can switch items in shared bank, why not castles?
I decided to switch characters in my game. I wanted to keep my castle though and i could not find a way to do so. My question is, is there a way to switch castles to other characters and if not, can the head of this game make this possible?
Please send a message to respond soon. I hope you cand find a solution to this problem of mine.

Administrator
Thank you for your input, young Wizard. While most items can be placed in the Shared Bank, Treasure Cards, Reagents, Gold and Castles & Lands cannot.

If this is something that we consider in the future, we'll definitely let you know.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
Gamma wrote:
Thank you for your input, young Wizard. While most items can be placed in the Shared Bank, Treasure Cards, Reagents, Gold and Castles & Lands cannot.

If this is something that we consider in the future, we'll definitely let you know.

When we can switch castles between players, ill be MORE than happy. I've been waiting for the castle switch, since my original Myth character isnt the one I wish for {{wrong name, wrong hairstyle}} and I would love to switch over

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
Gamma wrote:

Gamma,
I hope you all will consider this for future updates. And I do mean being able to place all the items you mention in the shared bank.

As a crafter in the game I would love to be able to exchange reagents between wizards. I really try to have one wizard in each of my accounts who is the main crafter for the whole "family," and it would make it so much easier if the others could contribute what they have picked up to the wizard who does most of the crafting.

Treasure cards also would follow along with the crafting problems. Some people only have one account, though I have more. And those people can not easily trade cards that one wizard makes to another of their wizards. If they were able to place cards they make or pick up into the shared bank then they wouldn't have such a headache when they need a certain, more rare, treasure card for a crafting recipe.

Also, I too have had the same problem as the OP here with a house. I deleted one wizard on my first account long ago and I really loved their house but there was no way to keep it and even give it to another wizard on that account. As much as I have tried to replicate the look of that house I had at one time, after buying the same type house, it is nowhere near the same as the one I lost.

Lastly, and as a second suggestion, it would be even more nice to have a shared bank for family accounts. Family members could help their newer family member accounts get started and could hand down lower level items to wizards who could really use it. I have tons of low level wands and unused pets in my shared banks(among other items) which I can not do anything with once the wizards on the accounts are too high of a level. 5 of 6 wizards on my main account are Grands....the 6th is a mid-level wizard I am slowly working on with a family member(who sure could have used some of my hand-me-downs.) And on my second account 3 of 5 of the taken seats are Grands, a 4th is almost a Grand (level 48 right now and just got her pet and spell :) .) I have one other mid-level wizard on that account and a free spot that I am saving for whatever might come in the future or just as an empty slot to fool around with if I get bored.

I have also started a third account so that I will have even more slots open for wizards in the future. It would be very helpful if my older accounts could share things they have picked up with the other family accounts.

So, Gamma, and all those at KI, I really hope you all will consider this as an improvement in future updates/upgrades to the game.

Thanks! :D