Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Changing School of Focus

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
I think kinsisle should put up an option somewhere on the game to change your school of focus. I'm a level 41 ice wizard and no affense Lydia Greyrose, but i really dont like ice. So far i really dont have any good spells except for frostbite. i really want to be storm but i dont want to start all over with my character! besides, storms fizzles alot! i think professor balestrom should move up the accuracy to at least 80%. again, it took me so long to get to my level, and i dont want to start over. help!

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
Hmm.... you could just make your second school balance. I'm not saying you have to, it's just that I have found balance and ice to be a very good combination.

But whatever you do about it... I hope it works out well.

Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 43 Balance/Ice

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Merekid wrote:
Hmm.... you could just make your second school balance. I'm not saying you have to, it's just that I have found balance and ice to be a very good combination.

I agree with merekid. as for the 80 accuracy thing for storm...not gonna happen, triton is very strong and it would make storm unbalanced if it had normal accuracy.

and this is how the accuracy of the schools are
Life-90%
Death-85%
Myth/Balance-80%
Fire-75%
Storm-70%

Explorer
May 09, 2009
liammay11 wrote:
I think kinsisle should put up an option somewhere on the game to change your school of focus. I'm a level 30 ice wizard and no affense Lydia Greyrose, but i really dont like ice. So far i really dont have any good spells except for frostbite. i really want to be storm but i dont want to start all over with my character! besides, storms fizzles alot! i think professor balestrom should move up the accuracy to at least 80%. again, it took me so long to get to my level, and i dont want to start over. help!

Ice isn't meant for attacking. It's meant to have very high health. storm should not move up the accuracy because that wouldn't be fair to ice wizards. I storm moves accuracy up then attack goes down. storm has very low health anyway. I think ice and storm are a good combo.

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
Merekid wrote:

I agree with merekid. as for the 80 accuracy thing for storm...not gonna happen, triton is very strong and it would make storm unbalanced if it had normal accuracy.

and this is how the accuracy of the schools are
Life-90%
Death-85%
Myth/Balance-80%
Fire-75%
Storm-70%

You forgot icewhich is also 80%

Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
thanks for the ideas. but i tried to have balance as a second school, but i didnt really like it much. my main goal is to have some good healing spells, but thats only in life, but ice and life dont have good attacks, and there's only like four or three attacking spells if its your secondary. :?

Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
also lydia or moolinda if your there speak up. i have ice as my focus and life as my secondary

Administrator
Young Wizards, if you wish to study in a different school of focus, you need to start a new character. You can have up to six different characters on a single Wizard101 account. To make a new character, just press the 'New' button on the character selection screen.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Young Wizards, if you wish to study in a different school of focus, you need to start a new character. You can have up to six different characters on a single Wizard101 account. To make a new character, just press the 'New' button on the character selection screen.

yeah but i dont really want to start ALL over. I'm lvl 41 and i'm starting to have second thoughts. but even if i did decide to make a new character and play as them all the time, what about all of my friends on my other character? :?

Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
Actually, i regret saying that i want to change my school of focus now! I LOVE ice. i'm so happy i picked it! so what if there attacks are a little weaker than the other schools'? My friend and i always play together, She's level 44 Ice and I'm 50 Ice now, and i'm helping her in Dragonspyre. She really enjoys Ice too. When we're together, we call ourselves the Elite Team, as our little joke. once, when we were working together, we got up to a little above 3,300 with colossus! We're practically invincible. Thanks Lydia.

P.S. I even beat my best friend in PVP. He's a level 50 death wizard. I felt really great about me being a Thaumaturge. :D

* see ya in the spiral *

Liam Shadow
Grandmaster Thaumaturge

This is not going to happen.
The only way to have a different school of focus is to start a new Wizard.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Defender
Mar 13, 2010
I have chosen Life as a second school for all my wizards (well except the Life wiz) and find the attack spells to be really great.

So I think the Ice wizard would be happy with Life as a second. You just need more patience in battles. You may not finish as fast as Storm wizards but you get there soon enough. The healing spells can keep you healed through your slower progress.

I have a Balance GM and her spells are not that powerful either. But she still soloed most of the game. (She had life as a second school.)

Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
Well, I was able to master three schools, Ice (focus), Death (second), and Life (third), and i find it to be very easy in most battles. If you need, you can help out someone, or yourself, and just toss a Satyr out onto the field, also in Death, a feint comes in handy to.

* see ya in the spiral *

Liam Shadow
Grandmaster Thaumaturge