Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are players excused from this?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
I'm talking about resistance to your own school, and weakness to your opposite. Why do wizards seem exempt from this? I would like Natural resistance to my own school. Perhaps even growing as I level up. But of course, this would mean we need the other part of this system, the weakness. I think we shouldn't be just out of the rules of the game. I think that weakness would also grow, (but much slower) as enemies in Dragonspyre have a huge weakness compared to the lower level enemies. And on another note, I do also think that we shouldn't pay differently for clothes color.(Just throwing it out there, seems unfair to death students.)

Survivor
Jan 12, 2010
I've only played one wizard, so I may be totally wrong about this.... but my impression is it costs the least to dye clothing/pets in your school colors. I know green with gold/light green accents generally costs the least for me (I'm a Life wiz). And I like it that way cos green is also my favorite color!

Explorer
Aug 29, 2009
Resistance is in the gear. When we confront bosses with resistance to a specific school, its because the resistance is built into their gear. As far as dying clothes go, I believe it should be as it is. Some colors should be rarer than others. But, I would like to see the addition of some colors. Did you know that balance school is maroon and grey and neither of those colors are an option? Most balance gear comes in orange and pink(and often in the same robe!). More colors = good.

Defender
May 29, 2009

You actually do get resist to your own school as you level up. It doesn't just come to you like increased health and mana. It's built into the gear you wear. The best hat/robe/boots for each school at each level increased your resistance to your own school spells.

Wizards do not have an inherent weakness to opposite school spells though. That's an interesting thought though. It would make the game a bit more challenging -- which I wouldn't mind, but I think others would.

Clothes colors: It costs gold to dye them. But that's purely a fashion statement. The clothes have the same functional benefits regardless of color so I'm fine having to use gold if I want a color preference. I mean, there is the concept of in-game gold that's pretty easy to get. What else are you going to use it for?

Elessar wrote:
I'm talking about resistance to your own school, and weakness to your opposite. Why do wizards seem exempt from this? I would like Natural resistance to my own school. Perhaps even growing as I level up. But of course, this would mean we need the other part of this system, the weakness. I think we shouldn't be just out of the rules of the game. I think that weakness would also grow, (but much slower) as enemies in Dragonspyre have a huge weakness compared to the lower level enemies. And on another note, I do also think that we shouldn't pay differently for clothes color.(Just throwing it out there, seems unfair to death students.)

Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
Moondragon007 wrote:
I've only played one wizard, so I may be totally wrong about this.... but my impression is it costs the least to dye clothing/pets in your school colors. I know green with gold/light green accents generally costs the least for me (I'm a Life wiz). And I like it that way cos green is also my favorite color!

Actually not, black is the most expensive color, but some schools have it FAR easier on the pocket if the go with school color. Balance for sure has the easiest time.

Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
Hanamana wrote:
Resistance is in the gear. When we confront bosses with resistance to a specific school, its because the resistance is built into their gear. As far as dying clothes go, I believe it should be as it is. Some colors should be rarer than others. But, I would like to see the addition of some colors. Did you know that balance school is maroon and grey and neither of those colors are an option? Most balance gear comes in orange and pink(and often in the same robe!). More colors = good.

Rarer? Not so, they just made the colors people like the most, the most expensive. That seems a touch unfair. And, bosses don't have gear; they have natural resistance, and even if its our gear that is supposed to make up for this. What about weakness? I think we need it to make the game a bit more challenging; and to also have people really think about it. Because strategy really starts in Dragonspyre for a first character. I find that the game it too easy at times, and that my character should be weak to the opposite school, as monsters are.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Elessar wrote:
about the death color thing i would like the color not to mader the crown shop dose that

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Hanamana wrote:

tan and maroon, and they are