Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

mounts or wings

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 31, 2010
Is it worth the money to buy wings or mounts? I'm really tired of running, do they get you to your destination any faster?

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
anne67 wrote:
Is it worth the money to buy wings or mounts? I'm really tired of running, do they get you to your destination any faster?
There is a rumor that wings are faster but all the mounts are 40% speed(execpt that charity mount, which had 30% speed)

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
anne67 wrote:

Yes, mounts are intended to make you faster. Permanent and 7 day mounts are 40% faster than walking, 1 day mounts are 20% faster.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
yes the do, and it doesnt matter. most permanent mounts go same speed(including wings)

Community Leader
Hello Anne,
Wings Do make you go faster yes :) . I wont say they are a must to buy but they are neat :). There are so many mounts brooms are the cheapest mount and have a very smooth ride. What I think you should try is go to zeke in any commons and test one of the brooms I think the cheapest one to test is around 1400 (with in game gold) to try have it for a full day :) My favorite mount is the Proud Lion ;)

Defender
May 24, 2009
Well if you hate running a lot then getting a mount is worth it. But when your buying one pretty much its up to what you would like as a mount, and speed does not matter since they all go at same speed. And if you can't afford to use real money you can always buy it with gold :)

Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
Yes, all mounts make you go faster. And, its fun! I love my black stallion, I'm a horse lover . All mounts go the same speed, so you can get whatever one you'd like. As long as it's permanent.

Survivor
May 24, 2009