Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

impossible quest!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 14, 2009
HELP
in the quest where u must beat keeper of the fang,the door is impossible to open!
i got through evrey protecter and it said a secret is reveald... 3 times,i looked at me map and used that.
HELP

I AM SO ANGRY! (chucks computer)
THANKS

Defender
May 29, 2009

As you beat each of the 3 protectors, it says "A Secret is Revealed." That's a clue that you must solve a puzzle in the area where you just finished the battle.

Hint: Look at the big yellow banners in the background after you've defeated after each protector.

One puzzle involves flipping a lever, turning on an obelisk, flipping the lever again, and turning on the other obelisk.

Another puzzle involves lighting the braziers so their flame colors match the yellow banners displayed.

Another puzzle involves light up braziers in a certain order.

Once you've solved all 3 of these puzzles, the door to the keeper of the fang will open. You will have to repeat Vault of Ice again. I believe there is a future task to get a the "Rubbing Obelisk" so it means going in there at least one more time.

uhavfun wrote:
HELP
in the quest where u must beat keeper of the fang,the door is impossible to open!
i got through evrey protecter and it said a secret is reveald... 3 times,i looked at me map and used that.
HELP

THANKS

Survivor
Jan 25, 2009
that quest is easy if you do it right and listen to people or even ask your friends on your list. i mean i did that quests by myself when i was in krokotopia. it was easy to me and READ better too.

now my lvl is 45

Amy GoldCoinlvl45Fire

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
Survivor
Dec 14, 2009
carterma wrote:

As you beat each of the 3 protectors, it says "A Secret is Revealed." That's a clue that you must solve a puzzle in the area where you just finished the battle.

Hint: Look at the big yellow banners in the background after you've defeated after each protector.

One puzzle involves flipping a lever, turning on an obelisk, flipping the lever again, and turning on the other obelisk.

Another puzzle involves lighting the braziers so their flame colors match the yellow banners displayed.

Another puzzle involves light up braziers in a certain order.

Once you've solved all 3 of these puzzles, the door to the keeper of the fang will open. You will have to repeat Vault of Ice again. I believe there is a future task to get a the "Rubbing Obelisk" so it means going in there at least one more time.

uhavfun wrote:
HELP
HELP

THANKS
thanks! just beat it.
that calls for smilies! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
ok, i can help, i had that problem, all you need to do is have someone with you! its that easy, :D hope it works for you!

Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
I have found another impossible quest. In the quest where you need to beat the karahnan king, I can't open any of the doors. Did I miss something?

Survivor
Dec 11, 2009
OMG! I did all the hints people posted, and i still cant get in! Then it says the locks cracked and I cant get in!

Survivor
Mar 10, 2010
ok, some folks are assuming that people that get to krokotopia know some things. that's not always the case. obviously, someone needs to make an idiot proof walk-through for this.

i am stuck at the "get the snake staff from prince manu nurini" or some such & it's tickin me off. i've been playing RPG's since most of the folks here were in diapers. i'm neither stupid nor ignorant, nor inexperienced. i've played RPG's with a sheet of paper, miniatures , hexmaps and dice.. yet this is givin me fits (?!?!)...

i play here with my daughter. i'm real glad i didn't pay for this exercise in frustration for a year. i bought a card at walgreens. *shrug*

if an adult of moderate intelligence is having issues, how are inexperienced kids supposed to catch the clue bird?

i will itemize here my issues...

* Talk to Professor Winthrop.*

did it.

* Light all braziers to red (make sure they are indeed red and not a pinkish... it's sometimes hard to tell the difference). *

what braziers? where ? how do you change their color?

* Battle Prince Manu Nirini *

and he is where? how do i track his scaly but down?

* Go back and talk to Professor Winthrop. *

pretty straightforward that

* Go further into the Throne Room and light suns and darken the moons.*

looking forward to seeing that happen....the rest below? well...we'll see.

* Battle Krokenkahmen (the map shows him in a specific spot, but he's just wandering around so you'll have to find him. Also, he will respawn once after you defeat him the first time, so look for him again to battle him again if you want.)*
* Go back and talk to Professor Winthrop.*
* Put the staff in the platform."*

seems fairly simple...but getting that staff? nope.. pain in the bootay it is.

i am new here and maybe i've not figured out how the creator's of this think.... YET! but C'mon!!
not meaning to sound arrogant or annoying or anything & this wasn't meant to hassle anyone, i'm just supremely frustrated.

help anyone? hints? a red herring perhaps? at least then i'd be able to chop down a tree. cause right now? not doing squat.

Cheers!

Azri

Survivor
Mar 25, 2010
IMHO if you pay attention you can finish and solo everything in Kroko.

Just pay attention to anything that has moon, crock, sun, bird etc etc on it and you can figure it all out.

The beguiler took me a few times to get it alone but it was very fun and will do it again.

If anyone feel things are too complicated just try to focus on one quest, take a few notes and watch for clues. Keep your bottles full and mark your location before any battles you are unsure you will prevail.

Cheers

PFS

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
crushcraft1 wrote:
I have found another impossible quest. In the quest where you need to beat the karahnan king, I can't open any of the doors. Did I miss something?

Not sure if you finished this yet or not...

For the quest, to open the doors, you need to beat three of the princes first. Look at your map. There are three small rooms on the outer edge of this area. There is a prince in each room. After you defeat one, it opens the next door. When you enter that area, just keep walking to your right, and it will take you to each room. Hope this helps.