Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Epic X Pip Death Spell Idea!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
Ok guys, if your a death student like me, you have probably realised some things :-

We're getting weak attacks, even if we do heal for half, the damage is still absolutely ridiculous.

Most monsters in the game are death, even with prisms, they're annoying to fight, especially in groups.

We suck at pvp, all we're good at is trapping with feints, and even if you have Death as a secondary you can get that.

And even if it isn't life stealing, we still get pretty weak attacks.

So I came up with an idea that could probably replace animate as an X pip spell?

Here it is -

Name : Soul Servant
Looks like - The things you fight with Malistaire at the end
Damage - 80 Death Damage Per pip
Effect - Gives half health back to caster
Pips - X (Deletes all pips like any X spell)
Hits - One selected target
Accuracy - 85%
Allowed if your secondary is Death - No
Gained at level - 38

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
Weak?

LOL! My hubby's Death Wizard is his favorite one to play in-game. And is anything but 'weak'. I also started one for myself a few weeks ago, and she's fantastic to play by herself, just like hubby's is...

I'd say if you're having problems getting 'big' attacks, then you need to figuring out what you're doing wrong.

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
Well, first of all, the Death damage is around medium. It's stronger than Life, for example. Also, if you want a strong spell, 80 damage per pip isn't good enough. If you have two pips, it does the [exact] same thing that the Ghoul does. I don't see why Death is horrible in PVP. If you're in a group, and you're strong enough, you can do Scarecrow, which, with shields, could totally devastate the opponent.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
Ok dude
To answer your question:
first off i think it's a really cool idea, but doing that makes death WAY to overpowered. I mean dude seriously a spell like that does almost as much as tempest. People have hit 130000000 damage using tempest. Now, this soul sevant idea, though it is cool, would make death just, overpowered.

Also, when you get into a higher lvl, death is SO not weak if you use it properly.

For example, death blade, hex, death trap. Since high levels get power pips almost every turn, a skeletal pirate added with those spells would do well over 1000 damage. After that you can just finish off the enemy(unless it's a boss). If they use death shields, use a trap. If they shield against life AND death, use poison.

PvP wise, use the same strategy. Use the early pirate, then put up doom and gloom(if you do this, it's clear to see who has the advantage). Then just finish them off with a boosted wraith or something.
So yeah, although the soul servant card would be cool, it would just fuel complaints. Just stick to what death does best.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
first off death attacks arent weak, ice's are the weakest.
Second, death school is one for patience, so you stack up your attacks (blades n traps/ which death has the most of)
Third; If death is SOOO bad then how come my journeyman death is beating magus wizards WITHOUT ANY treasure cards hmm? maybe you just bad at death. And that card is way overpowered -.- especially if it heals half the damage. And death has an X spell already, its animate

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
I'm not a death wizard but I also think death should have better spells.

Here's my idea for a X pip death spell:

Name: Epic Ten Headed Wyvern of Doom
Damage: 80 per pip, per head. :D
Level: 45
Allowed if death is secondary: No

I hope you like my idea.

Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 42 balance. Secondary is ice.

Return harsh words with kindness, and be at peace.

Defender
May 29, 2009

Quite frankly, just not necessary. Base death damage is not the biggest, but once you throw on that 40% blade, it brings it on par with other schools given that it heals you for half. My death is lvl 48 right now and honestly, he has been my easiest wizard to solo with. I don't either bother to shield him most of the time since he heals so easily.

Death enemies are the easiest ones to kill. Prism them and play like usual, treating the prism as a trap. Death enemies don't even throw up life shields to counter the prism.

No reason to fix if it's not broken.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Merekid wrote:
I'm not a death wizard but I also think death should have better spells.

Here's my idea for a X pip death spell:

Name: Epic Ten Headed Wyvern of Doom
Damage: 80 per pip, per head. :D
Level: 45
Allowed if death is secondary: No

I hope you like my idea.

Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 42 balance. Secondary is ice.

Return harsh words with kindness, and be at peace.
Kinda like tempest without the 5 damage and does that mean it does 10 attacks with 80 damage? Because if it does mean that than its WAY overpowered
80x10=800

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
hi663y wrote:
Ok guys, if your a death student like me, you have probably realised some things :-

We're getting weak attacks, even if we do heal for half, the damage is still absolutely ridiculous.

Most monsters in the game are death, even with prisms, they're annoying to fight, especially in groups.

We suck at pvp, all we're good at is trapping with feints, and even if you have Death as a secondary you can get that.

So I came up with an idea that could probably replace animate as an X pip spell?

Here it is -

Accuracy - 85%
Gained at level - 38
Lvl 38!?!?! Whoa thats WAY to early for a spell with that kind of damage. Also kinda over powered.

And my last question:

WHY IS THERE A SPELL ONLY FOR DEATH? WHY NOT THE OTHER SCHOOLS?(not to sound rude but death kinda get everything)I also noticed these are 2 questions not 1 rofl.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2009
I just started a death, level 21. My other guy is a grand storm xD

I though this would be an awesome death spell:

Name: Horrify
Damage: 550 Damage to selected Target, and stunned for one round
Pip: 7
Description: A big dark cloud hovers over the battle field, seconds later, a cloud in the form of a skull darts out and hits the enemy! Stunned for one round!

Name: Field Of Terror
Damage: 600 To All
Pip: 7
Description: A lovely field appears with flowers, grass green. Then a howl comes from the distance, the lovely field suddenly turns brown/black and the sky becomes dark and cloudy, then skeletons pop out of the ground. Then every skeleton runs up to all enemies at the same time and chargers at them with a crushing blow!

:P What do ya think?

Defender
May 09, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
first off death attacks arent weak, ice's are the weakest.
Second, death school is one for patience, so you stack up your attacks (blades n traps/ which death has the most of)
Third; If death is SOOO bad then how come my journeyman death is beating magus wizards WITHOUT ANY treasure cards hmm? maybe you just bad at death. And that card is way overpowered -.- especially if it heals half the damage. And death has an X spell already, its animate

ok no offense or anyting but i dont think you read it right. he said that the spell he picked would replace animate. so death would lose its minion (which has saved me a few times ). now i have a death wizard (lvl 46 halfways to lvl 47) and yes death is a nice school to be when you can heal and attack, so i think that the 80 per pip is ok because balance (i have a grandmaster of balance) gets 100 damage per pip so i think that it shouldnt heal and attack. it should just attack at 80 per pip and yes it would replace animate.

Defender
Apr 10, 2009
hi663y wrote:

Here it is -

Accuracy - 85%
Gained at level - 38

um, WOW! this is one of the good ideas that i feel isn't over powered! GRATZ :D! only if your going to convert half back i would say 50 per pip, then again it is single target so.... ok never mind that sry, i'm not usedto ideas that i wish were real lolz. perfect idea i give it a 4.7/5, coming from me, that means KI should really look into this!

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
Umrag wrote:
Well, first of all, the Death damage is around medium. It's stronger than Life, for example. Also, if you want a strong spell, 80 damage per pip isn't good enough. If you have two pips, it does the [exact] same thing that the Ghoul does. I don't see why Death is horrible in PVP. If you're in a group, and you're strong enough, you can do Scarecrow, which, with shields, could totally devastate the opponent.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Here is an advantage of being Death.

Using their grand spell is the weakest but it goes through a damage absorber.

Ice really has the weakest attacks.