Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Battle Decks: Need Instructions on creating

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
I have tried to create a battle deck but it never works out for me in battle. How does one create one of these? I am level 12. I know what Pips are and I have some idea that the gold-trimmed cards are one-use only. I bought many 4-pip cards that I have no access to in battle even though I thought I added them to the deck I chose to use.

I hope a section on 'Deck Construction' is created soon in the user manual.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
1: NO deck is the exact same
2: those gold trimed cards are called treasure cards. You can open your deck (p) and click on the little circle next to the last element(i believe balace) then it shows all the treasure cards you have. Click on one and it goes into the deck. To use it, in battle, get ride of a card in hand(by right clicking) then the "Draw" button below the cards should light up. Click it and a treasure should come up (it is random like normal cards) and yes you can only use them once
3: Deck construction isnt just about attacks. You want blades, and traps to boast attacks. Shield (and/or weakness) to lower their attacks. Healing inc ase you are about to die. And attacks.

Its up to YOU to find what works for your style. One key is to remember, less=easier to find/run out quicker
More=harder to find/run out slowly (unless you keep discarding the cards )

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Hi

By the time my response is posted, it is likely many other will have replied, but I do have one question for you.

Are you sure that you have put the Cards (both your normal School Spell Cards and Gold Treasure Cards) into the Deck you are trying to use?

And if the Deck you wish to use does indeed have those Cards in it, have you actually equipped the Deck?

You need to equip Decks in order to use them, and also you need to make sure you have placed Cards you wish to use into the Deck in question, as well.

Hope that Helps.

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
To put the treasure cards in your deck:
When you go in to create your deck, at the top there a bunch of tabs with each school. At the end of the tabs there's a golden card tab, that's for your treasures. You can add treasure cards to your deck here.

To use the treasure cards in battle:
After you have the cards in your deck, you can now use them in battle. When you want to get a treasure card, simply discard a spell that you do not want to use. To discard a spell right click on it. After that, click the "Draw" button. This will draw one treasure card from your treasure deck randomly. If you do not like this card, you cannot discard it until next round. You can draw up to 7 treasure cards in one turn, but to do so, you have to discard all 7 regular cards in your hand

Hope that helps!

Explorer
Nov 02, 2008
bladyblue wrote:
I have tried to create a battle deck but it never works out for me in battle. How does one create one of these? I am level 12. I know what Pips are and I have some idea that the gold-trimmed cards are one-use only. I bought many 4-pip cards that I have no access to in battle even though I thought I added them to the deck I chose to use.

I hope a section on 'Deck Construction' is created soon in the user manual.

I have a good guide to that:

You're level 12, so you should put your main school's rank 3 spell (Sunbird, Banshee, etc.) and your school's blade. Put in a dual shield (Glacial Shield, Thermic Shield, etc.) and your school's trap. Finally, you should put in your school's rank two spell and if you have enough room, and put in your secondary school's rank two/three spell (whatever tickles your peach lol), so Fire Elf, Snow Serpent, Lighting Bats etc. would be a good idea. You should think up some strategies for battles with the bosses like Wormguts and Lord Nightshade if you can't get help from friends or buy henchmen.

Hope that helps,
~Michael Thunderspear
Grandmaster Pyromancer

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
Thanks everyone. I took the advice and got to level 15 and got my house! Also there is a visual guide by another player here:
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56208

Check it out.