Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Kensington Park... a wizard's nightmare!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
viradis wrote:
Okay, before I start complaining, just want to send a shout out saying that I LOVE Wizard 101. However, I find that Kensington Park is practically impossible. The street minions each have 2,000 health and they attack you three at a time (talk about instant death) and I have no idea how tough the actual bosses are, but needless to say I'm a bit discouraged about the whole thing. I'm stuck in the level that I'm in, and NOBODY is willing to assist (who could blame them?). Anybody else having trouble with it, or is it just me? I'm Ice, which as my fellow wizards know, isn't the strongest school, but despite all the shields and traps and boosts and charms I put up, it doesn't do much good. Any advice, welcome. Thanks!
im a lvl fifty fire and trick with kensington park is have four people and make sure that they all have full potions. everytime someone gets stuck in a battle just keep moving they will flee and use a potion and port back just keep doing this method til you get to the bosses and its easy, trust me it worked for me and my friends i shared it with

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
i havent even tried. i just got the quest, and moved on to the main storyline. thankfully its not part of the main storyline! P.S. 3 hours is long for a even a dungeon

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
While I don't feel that this dungeon is too hard, I do feel that the rewards given are not comiserate with the challenges faced. There is precious little dropped there that is worth any gold. There is only one shot at obtaining the Seraph or the Spider Golem pet(s). I really wish that the second Stoker had a second chance chest and that the other bosses in the dungeon gave better drops overall. Please KI, can you fix this? I like the instance, but the pay off is pretty pathetic as it is right now.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
kensington park is EASY ya just need a grand life storm and balance, then you can have any other school also to help. and quite frankly i could have done it with my friend but her laptop shut down randomly so we couldnt :(

Survivor
Nov 05, 2009
music130022 wrote:
viradis wrote:
Okay, before I start complaining, just want to send a shout out saying that I LOVE Wizard 101. However, I find that Kensington Park is practically impossible. The street minions each have 2,000 health and they attack you three at a time (talk about instant death) and I have no idea how tough the actual bosses are, but needless to say I'm a bit discouraged about the whole thing. I'm stuck in the level that I'm in, and NOBODY is willing to assist (who could blame them?). Anybody else having trouble with it, or is it just me? I'm Ice, which as my fellow wizards know, isn't the strongest school, but despite all the shields and traps and boosts and charms I put up, it doesn't do much good. Any advice, welcome. Thanks!

hi there!! Yea I know what you mean..i decided to do all my side quests since I am close to GM. And I went in with my henchmen...and then I got caught and I was like WOAHHH why is this harder than DS??? I mean...i wasn't too worried when I went in cuz MB is only the 2nd world (and when I went in I was a 48 so I wasn't too worried) but that is just impossible..i just fled cuz me and my henchmen were about to die :/ it makes me feel weak xD lol so it's not just you.

Iridian GhostSinger
lvl 48 Master Necromancer
i died in kensington park when i was lower then i lost the task and i never got it back! so i didnt have to do it i am happy!

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
Is kensingtons park needed to finnish marleybone? M y friend never did it and is already in mooshu.

Defender
Apr 08, 2009
monta500 wrote:
Is kensingtons park needed to finnish marleybone? M y friend never did it and is already in mooshu.

It is an optional dungeon. you don't have to do it if you don't want to. it's not part of the storyline it's a side quest.

Defender
May 18, 2009
noyeh wrote:
bobtiger wrote:
ARE YOU GUYS KIDDING. kensington rocks! i have done it 30+ times. the only thing i dont like about it is that we should fight stoker at the same health

I haven't fought this one yet. It say's it takes three hours to finish alone. I may never get to it that is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to long for battle. I am an adult, but I would never let my child on a computer for that long at one sitting. I have a major problem with this three hour rule. They need to at least fix it so you can go offline and start off where you finished. A lot of parents are going to have an issue with this time line. This is supposed to be a family friendly game but I think that time line is wayyyyyyyyy to long.
I say no more than an hour and a half at the most. I am speaking as a parent.
Yeah it says that and it also says it on malistaire but i did him in an hour with my friends Once you get to DS you kind of get used to the long towers and dungeons

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
viradis wrote:

WHAT!!! the weakes school!!!!

ice is not the weakest school!!!!!!

life is! cause all they do is heal!
compare ices snowman to the tree thingy. is the tree spelll stronger NO!

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
I've beaten Sunken City, The Labyrinth, and The Great Spyre (not that hard and certainly NOT 3 hours. I beat it within 1 hour) , but I'm scared of this dungeon!

Defender
Apr 08, 2009
willwolf64 wrote:
I've beaten Sunken City, The Labyrinth, and The Great Spyre (not that hard and certainly NOT 3 hours. I beat it within 1 hour) , but I'm scared of this dungeon!

Everyone is scared of the Kensignton Park dungeon.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
koolboy222 wrote:
willwolf64 wrote:

Everyone is scared of the Kensignton Park dungeon.

lol i agree.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
alienforce0320 wrote:
Dire news.

Try not doing until your Level 45 or 48

Im only a level 36 and i finished all my mini quest in kt. Wc. Mb. and as much as i can in grizzlehiem so how am i suppose to level up now to be that strong???

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
no offense but i thought it was easy. i did it with a 50 life wiz 50 balance 50 fire(me) and a 10 death wiz

8) 8) 8)Sloan darkbright 60 fire wiz 8) 8) 8) 8)

Survivor
Nov 07, 2010
bobtiger wrote:
no offense but i thought it was easy. i did it with a 50 life wiz 50 balance 50 fire(me) and a 10 death wiz

8) 8) 8)Sloan darkbright 60 fire wiz 8) 8) 8) 8)

If it were only so easy... No offence at all. :D

Survivor
Sep 13, 2010
I have completed it twice . Only twice cause i do not like how long it takes to complete. but it is completely able to be done. And with lower lvls than the majority has posted. I did it with three people. All below lvl 45.

Rowen NightRiver
Master Sorcerer

Survivor
Jul 16, 2010
It is pretty hard. I would say that you just need a friend that is willing to help. That is how I got through .

Survivor
May 31, 2009
viradis wrote:

Ive been there once and 2,000 health is crazy im trying to find out how to get there LOL :) :-) :D :( :-o 8) :x :P :? yay smiley faces

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
Well, you can do the normal quests until you're a really high level, as the other people suggested. As far as I know, Kensington Park is a side quest, so you don't really have to do it.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
DarkMagedude wrote:
viradis wrote:
what Kensington Park. I've never heard of it and I'm in Big Ben.
but if you beat big ben don't you move on to MS? :? :?

Survivor
Dec 15, 2010
A wizards night mare tell me about it! I went in with a grandmster (ThomasLionFist) and a magus me (MasonRavonMask) and we still got beat like a piece of cheese and he even used forest lord! UNBELIVABLE!

Survivor
Oct 14, 2010
To be honest is does seem rather difficult after the last few patches. For one the minions are stronger and attack more frequently then bosses in celestia much less the minions. Their health per enemy is ridiculously high for a 2nd world that once was easier. I would expect Big Ben to be harder but my current character can't get past this quest to even test that out. Truth be told I miss how it used to be that no matter the difficulty you'd be able to finish the dungeon even with low health but each enemy wasn't 2,000 or more health much less being caught by and yes by 3 enemies at a time.

Things that must change in marleybone for this dungeon
*Enemies with less health perhaps in range of 1,000 to 1,300 is fine
*Enemies should only start by 2 in the circle just like Collosus BLVD started as unless another teammate joins only then should another enemy join too.
*Revert all changes of this kind from Marleybone and keep as it was before.

There are much more but most of which has been said before me. Trust me when I say that after my subscription is up I will not return until a new world is released OR these type of issues are fixed OR even if there is an update on Max Level that's increased. I'm here to play a family based game and relax rather then end up getting frustrated for dying frequently even with a team of 4 in the circle the glitches that have been in this game still exists and are getting on my nerves a lot faster. Mooshu for example I forget where still has enemies going out through the fence and other things have been noted but doesn't affect gameplay until I realized this of Marleybone.

Just like Many. I think KingsIsle has done an Excellent job in graphics and gameplay so far thus why I'm willing to pay a monthly subscription and even come back when things have been resolved. But recently with these minor changes it has affected my gameplay and I'm sure of hundreds of frustrated KI players/wizards such as myself just for Marleybone dungeon alone.

Keep up the good work KI but please note we are here for the fun and relaxation with our kids and family and not here to get frustrated with impossible quests that lead no where unless we eventually get lucky. Maybe even fix Marleybone and make the next worlds a little harder instead. Possibly little by little harder instead of straight off hard. I don't just fix it please and thank you.

Thank You,

Ryan DragonShield

Survivor
May 29, 2010
i agree kensington park is hard to solo until you finish other worlds like dragonspyre but if you can find some friends to help you, it can be easier.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Yep, yep, yep. Kensington Park is a dangerous and frustrating place. Fun, though, if a wizard is in the mood for a serious challenge.

I've been through KP several times with my balance and fire wizards. Last time, though, my Legendary Theurgist got absolutely STOMPED and I had to give up. Now that I've recovered from the the trauma, I'm ready to go again.

I'm willing to complete Kensington Park this weekend, Saturday or Sunday afternoon, EST, around 3:00 PM. My son (grandmaster pyromancer, Hunter Skullthief) and I would like to take a full crew of Life, Balance, Fire, and Death.

Find us on facebook, see my wizard signature for the search phrase, and hit us up for a group.

Iridian Shadowweaver, Legendary Theurgist

Survivor
Jul 27, 2010
Ok i had many of my nicest friends help me and my second school is life that REALLY helps. I only trained up to satyr so i had the rest of my training points for other things. I am now level 52 storm wizard and my second school is still life so you should try it. And if you don't know about selling your traing points for crowns you go to golem court in wizard city and you talk to the bird and if you don't have enough crowns well i can't help you. But i really hope you can try some of these things and it might be easier. p.s if your second school is already life i suggest filling your deck with hit and heal cards that should help for that area.