Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death related complaints

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
complaint #1: doom and gloom = THE MOST USELESS SPELL IN THE GAME. it affects both sides, so no one can heal properly. :(
suggestion: make doom and gloom also boost drain spells: +50% to ? gained from drain spells. so a pixie under d&g would heal only 200, but a ghoul would give back 160 instead of 80. and sanctuary could be -50% to ? from drains: pixie = 600, ghoul = 40.

complaint #2: too good at stealing, the death school is. so good that it steals the other schools specials: dmg over time (fire) w/ poison, heal others (life) w/ sacrifice, and boost out the wazoo (balance) with feint and curse. not much can be done at this point though... ah well.

and complaint #3: the undead monsters are SLOWER THAN DIRT. they go, with very few exceptions, at 1/4 base Player speed. in MB, where you have to sneak between 2 monsters to avoid battle, it makes things go waaaaaaaaaaaay too slowly.
suggestion: make 'em 1/2 base speed like all the others.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Not all spells are perfect, Earthquake for example takes off not only shields and blades, but traps too.

As for stealing, the DoT, is used by other schools as well of death and fire, the healing bit is used my more then 2 schools to, and every school gets blades and traps, the feint spell also puts a 30% trap on you, so you risk that.

Why are you whining about complaint 3? I think most people DON'T WANT TO GET IN BATTLE when running across the street.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
FoxFyr wrote:
complaint #1: doom and gloom = THE MOST USELESS SPELL IN THE GAME. it affects both sides, so no one can heal properly. :(
suggestion: make doom and gloom also boost drain spells: +50% to ? gained from drain spells. so a pixie under d&g would heal only 200, but a ghoul would give back 160 instead of 80. and sanctuary could be -50% to ? from drains: pixie = 600, ghoul = 40.

complaint #2: too good at stealing, the death school is. so good that it steals the other schools specials: dmg over time (fire) w/ poison, heal others (life) w/ sacrifice, and boost out the wazoo (balance) with feint and curse. not much can be done at this point though... ah well.

and complaint #3: the undead monsters are SLOWER THAN DIRT. they go, with very few exceptions, at 1/4 base Player speed. in MB, where you have to sneak between 2 monsters to avoid battle, it makes things go waaaaaaaaaaaay too slowly.

Like several other spells in the game, Doom and Gloom seems to either be a good spell for PvP, and I have seen some Enemies use it to good effect. But all schools have a spell that doesn't fit your spell ideal. I am actually happy that doom and Gloom is a bad spell for normal play, it means that the foes aren't healing :)

Several schools have healing (balance has helping hands, etc), multi-foe attacks and DoT attacks...my guess is that you are thinking backwards, poision works over time in most cases, just like fire slowly consumes, so the spell reflects their nature.

As for speed, again, it reflects the typical ghoulish ideal. But please, don't call the banshees slow...

Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
FoxFyr wrote:

1. Doom and Gloom is made to be a Life Wizards worst nightmare. Whether it be a Life boss or your Life nemesis in pvp.

2. Those are just things that make the Death School unique. They have those buffs so that if they are low on health, and are desperate to get it back, they can buff themselves up, cast a Ghoul, Vampire, or Wraith, and get it all back. They probably have poison so if a Life nemesis keeps putting Death shields on itself, the poison can get rid of it while you heal or save pips. And as for sacrafice, you hurt yourself to heal yourself or others. My friend died on the last boss of a dungeon, and that Sacrafice came in handy. Even if my health went from 300 to 100. It's all perfect sense, and if Death didn't have those, Malistaire would be as harmful as a kitten and Death wizards would totally get crushed. Every. Single. Time.

3. You WANT to make the monsters faster so you have an even less chance of getting past them? And possibly die because they are your school of focus and you set your deck for a Life boss? I just think that doesn't make sense.

~ Victoria Drake (DeathGrove), Necromancer

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
You are right about Doom and Gloom. The only time to use it is when you are versing a life in Pvp. Someone has to get rid of it. I wish I was a Storm student instead. (I am not offending the school of death)

-Anthony Redflame Level 43 Necromancer