Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Defeating Malistaire?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 28, 2009
So I've reached the point that I'm going after Malistaire. I know that it's going to take much more than me to defeat him. Heck at this point, I've not been able to get to him. I'm still exploring his lair and getting defeated by his henchmen.

What is the best way to gather enough people to help me defeat him?
Or to find people who are in the same position as I?
Is there a better place to post to find people to meet up with?

I am reading all the posts that I can find on the boards.

Thanks!
Michelle Stormweaver - lvl 50 - life

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
If you're life and worth your salt, it doesn't take MUCH more to defeat him. You and a grandmaster storm that isn't completely brain-dead could do up to and defeat Malistaire if you decided to (and maybe ask a friend to port in for 30 seconds to activate the third crystal necessary to open the door). You could do it with a death GM too, although that would take much longer, as Malistaire and all his bodyguards in the last room resist death.

If all you really want to do is Malistaire at the exclusion of all else, hang out in the Roost right in front of the zone-in for his lair. If after a couple minutes you can't find enough people to run with you, change realms and see if the new realm has people waiting to find others to do him. Unless you try at odd hours of the day, you shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes to get a group good enough to run the instance.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
Malistaire is a hard opponent but me and my best friend defeated him. He is a 49 Fire and i am a 31 Fire. His henchmans are easy. Use any attack that attacks all of them and put a bunch of traps. For instance me i soloed most of the henchmans like Soul Servant and those guys. I used a meteor and tons of traps and it wasy easy to defeat them. When you fight Malistaire you must defeat the minions first then go for him and make sure you use strong attacks and dont use death.

Survivor
May 09, 2009
You can use death as long as you use a trap on all of them and use something like a scarecrow.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2009
You need about four people because you will need some people to stay behind to unlock doors by staying my a crystal and pressing "x". So three people will be defeating the monstaers in the dungeon. It is really easy! Malistare will not, i am telling you, he will NOT USE SCARECROW. The minions i think used it once in my first time killing him. You can pass fights easisly. Some you can just go in then flee then port to your friends. The best part probably about the dungeon is you can port to people inside it. The fights are propbably the hardest when you are fighting your own school monster. But other than that the dungeon is easy.

~ Gabrielle Silverdust Grandmaster Ice

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
funaro821 wrote:
So I've reached the point that I'm going after Malistaire. I know that it's going to take much more than me to defeat him. Heck at this point, I've not been able to get to him. I'm still exploring his lair and getting defeated by his henchmen.

Thanks!
Ok since your life here are the "jobs" of you and your team

Your team should be of a death,life(you),storm and the 4th person is your choice.

Jobs:

You-your job would to be to keep the team alive and to pick off the servants with centaurs and get malistare when they are dead.

Death person-he/she should be using convert + death blade + feint + wraith on malistare.

Storm person-he/she should be using tritions,stormzillas,wild bolts etc on malistare or tempests/storm lords when the soul servents are getting harassing.

The job of your 4th person: (job depends on school)

Fire:he/she should be casting helephants,fire dragon etc on malistare to bump his health down.

Myth:should be casting orthrus and and breaking death traps if malsitare has lots of pips.

Ice:should be helping keep the team alive with tower shields and hitting with spells like collosus.

Balance:like the ice person, he/she should be casting blades to support the team and using judgement, hydra, etc

The spell around the field(or how i call it the bubble -) should be sanctuary, NOT a field just supporting one person unless everyone is ok with it.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2009
possumman14 wrote:
If you're life and worth your salt, it doesn't take MUCH more to defeat him. You and a grandmaster storm that isn't completely brain-dead could do up to and defeat Malistaire if you decided to (and maybe ask a friend to port in for 30 seconds to activate the third crystal necessary to open the door). You could do it with a death GM too, although that would take much longer, as Malistaire and all his bodyguards in the last room resist death.

If all you really want to do is Malistaire at the exclusion of all else, hang out in the Roost right in front of the zone-in for his lair. If after a couple minutes you can't find enough people to run with you, change realms and see if the new realm has people waiting to find others to do him. Unless you try at odd hours of the day, you shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes to get a group good enough to run the instance.

You don't REALLY need a third person to activate the third crystal. See, what I do is mark my location at one crystal, go to the next, and have a friend at the third. I tell him to activate, I activate also, and I teleport back to my marked location and push the third . I beaten Malistaire plenty of times with only 2 people.

P.S. Has anyone EVER soloed Malistaire? I don't know anyone after getting addicted to this game who has done it.

Explorer
Nov 01, 2009
The fastest way I found to find someone to fight Malistaire was to go to the Basilica and yell "I'm going to go fight Malistaire, anyone else want to come along?" Took me no time at all to fine more than enough to go.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
funaro821 wrote:

Thanks!

Dude....
He isnt hard at all man.
I have beat him dozens of times and one of those times with three wizards who weren't even above level 30 :?
All you need is a storm wiz and life

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
MABorth wrote:
You don't REALLY need a third person to activate the third crystal. See, what I do is mark my location at one crystal, go to the next, and have a friend at the third. I tell him to activate, I activate also, and I teleport back to my marked location and push the third . I beaten Malistaire plenty of times with only 2 people.

P.S. Has anyone EVER soloed Malistaire? I don't know anyone after getting addicted to this game who has done it.

Yeah, that's technically true. However I like to think my buddy list is pretty full and healthy, and since I normally skip gurtoks when I go in there I found it quicker to have someone port in for 15 seconds as opposed to anchoring, logging out, porting, porting, anchoring again, logging out, porting, blah blah yadda yadda so on and so forth. Much easier for me to say, "Hey you. Stand here and click this".

And, like you, I've done it with one other person, but it was a PAIN in an area of the body I won't mention. Also, you may not consider it technically 2 on 4 because she summoned a crown henchman.

Survivor
Sep 28, 2009
I think malister is hard I trained all my charecters but not my fire and he is hard i try to gather my friends and ask them to help out.

sincerlyIan dragon blood fire lvl 26

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
You don't really need a life person with you. I did it without. We had a storm(me), another storm, and 2 balance people. It was really easy because the balance people gave us storm people a bunch of power boosts.

Survivor
May 10, 2009
First off u need 4 people one needs to be life for healing two need to be balance for trap spells and one needs to be death just to make malistaire MAD that is really the easiest thing to do!

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
I will gladly help out fighting Malistaire. I am a level 50 death student and need to defeat him as well! Just let me know when and where to meet.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
i havenet got to the part where i have to defet malistaire the thing i want to know is he strong how much health does the guy have i want to be ready for him :?

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
DeathWizard2900 wrote:
I will gladly help out fighting Malistaire. I am a level 50 death student and need to defeat him as well! Just let me know when and where to meet.

I have been trying to get through the Malistaire's Lair now for about a week by myself. I have made it to the elevator twice but couldn't go inside to get to Malistaire. I would really like it if someone would help me beat him or at least help me get inside to fight him. I have a lvl 50 and a lvl 13 Balance Wizard. My other spells are life so I can heal whoever wants to try and fight him with me, let me know when and where to meet you and we can get together to fight him.

Lauren Nightflower, lvl 50 Balance

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
I will give ya a guide to the whole dungeon. first you need to go through path of scales. you dont need to go to upper great spyre to get to the volcano elevator. just when you walk up to the door and almost go in port to friend in dungeon FAST and you will end up at volcano elevator. ok now your at the helephants. if you wanna you can defeat them to get the rare grandmaster gear OR you can get someone to go in battle, esc quit log back in and port when you get to crystal. here is a tip. NEVER EVER go into the howling cave.
i can avoid the bosses easier going through short cool dragons maw. ok once you get into crown of fire and to his henchman (soul servants) defeat them with super good attacks to all foes(meteor strike, storm lord, etc) and get to the top and defeat malistare. defeat him with AT LEAST 4 people or else its a pain. k now you finished! hope this helped ~Caleb Lionhunter lvl 48 (AND finished game except GH )

Survivor
Dec 15, 2009
funaro821 wrote:

Thanks!
Michelle Stormweavr - lvl 50 - life

he resists death but boosts on life bring a ton of life guy s to back u up also rite back i mite beable to hook u up with people who have beaten the game
Cody death eyes lvl 30 death

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
If you want to gather guys to help you if you have text chat go to the Basilica and just yell "Goin' to defeat Malistare who wants to come!" Chances are you will get a lot of volunteers!!!

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
9rjb wrote:
funaro821 wrote:

Thanks!

Dude....
He isnt hard at all man.
You don't even really need a life... just a bunch of potions and possibly a friend who you can just teleport to if you die and flee...
I have beat him dozens of times and one of those times with three wizards who weren't even above level 30 :?
All you need is a storm wiz and life

Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
Attempted Javascript Attack With COLOR

<3 ~Destiny Moonblossom, Level 48 Master of Balance <3

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
goldrealfrog wrote:
You can use death as long as you use a trap on all of them and use something like a scarecrow.
and don't forget death prism, key point in facing malistare

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
i know malistaire but i've never beat him i've heard he drops burnzilla :D who likes firezilla

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009