Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Defeating Malistaire?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 31, 2010
I don;t where you guys play, but I can;t find anyone willing to help me. 5 tries with people going in and then ditching me before doing crystals. Frustrating seeing that the game can be solo'd to this point.

Guess it's time to find a new game.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2010
My husband and I just finished fighting Malistaire this morning. I was a LVL 49 Pyromancer (Fire) and he is a GrandMaster Death. We did it with just the two of us - so it is definitely do-able.

The way we did it can't be a 'cheat' because it tells you when you enter this Dungeon that your time will be shorter if you ask friends to help you - and that it will take a minimum of 3 hrs to do alone. Compare it to Colossus Blvd's BRISKBREEZE TOWER Dungeon warning that reads like this:

When you get inside Briskbreeze tower, Darren Whisperwind says this: "These bosses in here will cheat. They can do things wizards cannot, for they are far more powerful than anything else. You will need four (4) people to complete this at the appropriate level."

NO WHERE upon entering Malistaire's dungeon does it tell you that you MUST have 3 people to place crystals simultaneously, as is required to open the door to fight the draconians before the room to Malistaire.

So having only two of us and three crystal stands, one of us 'marked' one of the crystal stands. Then, after defeating the 2nd set of either Fire/Ice Bosses, we stood at the unmarked crystal stands. We counted down, put the crystals in, and the one w/ the mark ported and placed the crystal in the last stand.

THE MALISTAIRE'S DUNGEON CAN BE DONE WITH ONLY TWO PEOPLE. Furthermore, I do NOT believe it's a cheat to do this, considering we are NOT warned at the beginning that we will NEED more than one person, only ENCOURAGED to have friends to shorten the time needed to complete dungeon.

If anything comes of this, Kings Isle can be fair enough to warn "lone wizards" of what they are facing, as they warn at Briskbreeze Tower. Enough said. :)

Destiny Nightthief (Grandmaster Lvl 50 Fire)
Kane Soulthief (Grandmaster Lvl 50 Death)

Survivor
May 02, 2009
MABorth wrote:
possumman14 wrote:
If you're life and worth your salt, it doesn't take MUCH more to defeat him. You and a grandmaster storm that isn't completely brain-dead could do up to and defeat Malistaire if you decided to (and maybe ask a friend to port in for 30 seconds to activate the third crystal necessary to open the door). You could do it with a death GM too, although that would take much longer, as Malistaire and all his bodyguards in the last room resist death.

If all you really want to do is Malistaire at the exclusion of all else, hang out in the Roost right in front of the zone-in for his lair. If after a couple minutes you can't find enough people to run with you, change realms and see if the new realm has people waiting to find others to do him. Unless you try at odd hours of the day, you shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes to get a group good enough to run the instance.

You don't REALLY need a third person to activate the third crystal. See, what I do is mark my location at one crystal, go to the next, and have a friend at the third. I tell him to activate, I activate also, and I teleport back to my marked location and push the third . I beaten Malistaire plenty of times with only 2 people.

P.S. Has anyone EVER soloed Malistaire? I don't know anyone after getting addicted to this game who has done it.
i have soloed malistaire before. its pretty easy. devin goldenheart lvl50 balance

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
funaro821 wrote:
So I've reached the point that I'm going after Malistaire. I know that it's going to take much more than me to defeat him. Heck at this point, I've not been able to get to him. I'm still exploring his lair and getting defeated by his henchmen.

What is the best way to gather enough people to help me defeat him?
Or to find people who are in the same position as I?
Is there a better place to post to find people to meet up with?

I am reading all the posts that I can find on the boards.

Thanks!
Michelle Stormweaver - lvl 50 - life

Actually all you have to do is use a bait at some of the minions. You only have to do 6 battles if you are alone.(Inclucing Malistare) If you have multiple people you can split up.

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
whitesox321 wrote:
I think malister is hard I trained all my charecters but not my fire and he is hard i try to gather my friends and ask them to help out.

sincerlyIan dragon blood fire lvl 26
dude, youre lv26

Survivor
Jan 03, 2010
i still don know what part in dragonspyre i hav to go to kill malistair :-(

Survivor
Dec 06, 2009
ghostrider1000 wrote:
MABorth wrote:
possumman14 wrote:
If you're life and worth your salt, it doesn't take MUCH more to defeat him. You and a grandmaster storm that isn't completely brain-dead could do up to and defeat Malistaire if you decided to (and maybe ask a friend to port in for 30 seconds to activate the third crystal necessary to open the door). You could do it with a death GM too, although that would take much longer, as Malistaire and all his bodyguards in the last room resist death.

If all you really want to do is Malistaire at the exclusion of all else, hang out in the Roost right in front of the zone-in for his lair. If after a couple minutes you can't find enough people to run with you, change realms and see if the new realm has people waiting to find others to do him. Unless you try at odd hours of the day, you shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes to get a group good enough to run the instance.

You don't REALLY need a third person to activate the third crystal. See, what I do is mark my location at one crystal, go to the next, and have a friend at the third. I tell him to activate, I activate also, and I teleport back to my marked location and push the third . I beaten Malistaire plenty of times with only 2 people.

P.S. Has anyone EVER soloed Malistaire? I don't know anyone after getting addicted to this game who has done it.
i have soloed malistaire before. its pretty easy. devin goldenheart lvl50 balance

I'm trying to figure out how you were able to activate all three of the crystals to get to Malistaire? Fighting him may be another story, but just getting to him seems to require help.

By the way, thanks for the tip about the crystals. I was just in that area, and was getting frustrated trying to get beyond that area.

Liam Rubysmith (level 50 Pyromancer)

Survivor
Mar 18, 2010
possumman14 wrote:

Sure his bodyguards are death. But i'm a grand master death and i've beaten Malistare about five times easily.

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
pineapple24253 wrote:
You need about four people because you will need some people to stay behind to unlock doors by staying my a crystal and pressing "x". So three people will be defeating the monstaers in the dungeon. It is really easy! Malistare will not, i am telling you, he will NOT USE SCARECROW. The minions i think used it once in my first time killing him. You can pass fights easisly. Some you can just go in then flee then port to your friends. The best part probably about the dungeon is you can port to people inside it. The fights are propbably the hardest when you are fighting your own school monster. But other than that the dungeon is easy.

~ Gabrielle Silverdust Grandmaster Ice

Malistaire NOT using scarecrow? Pah!
I went to an easy 3,000 boss and it used scarecrow!
So why shouldnt he?
-BriannaWildblood, Pyromancer Of Level 45

Survivor
Nov 23, 2009
funaro821 wrote:
So I've reached the point that I'm going after Malistaire. I know that it's going to take much more than me to defeat him. Heck at this point, I've not been able to get to him. I'm still exploring his lair and getting defeated by his henchmen.

What is the best way to gather enough people to help me defeat him?
Or to find people who are in the same position as I?
Is there a better place to post to find people to meet up with?

I am reading all the posts that I can find on the boards.

Thanks!
Michelle Stormweaver - lvl 50 - life

Hey do you need help.
Jared Battletheif
lvl50 pyromancer

Survivor
Nov 23, 2009
DeathWizard2900 wrote:
I will gladly help out fighting Malistaire. I am a level 50 death student and need to defeat him as well! Just let me know when and where to meet.

Can you help me july 7 at 12 noon at the entrace.
Jared Battletheif lvl50 pyromancer thanks

Survivor
Nov 23, 2009
niteorchid3 wrote:
DeathWizard2900 wrote:
I will gladly help out fighting Malistaire. I am a level 50 death student and need to defeat him as well! Just let me know when and where to meet.

I have been trying to get through the Malistaire's Lair now for about a week by myself. I have made it to the elevator twice but couldn't go inside to get to Malistaire. I would really like it if someone would help me beat him or at least help me get inside to fight him. I have a lvl 50 and a lvl 13 Balance Wizard. My other spells are life so I can heal whoever wants to try and fight him with me, let me know when and where to meet you and we can get together to fight him.

Lauren Nightflower, lvl 50 Balance

i need help. can you come to the entrance july 7 at noon.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2008
Hey count me in i'll be on tomorrow about all day. i'm still stuck in the Drake Hatchery with collecting the text books. If you help I will be there.

Jacob Legend dust Lv.48

Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
well i have had three wizard accounts my first i beat him solo it was adeath person i beat him with one health left i started puting a trap on all of the minions and the boss then i put a thing that makes my spells stronger on me (forgot wat it was called) the i hammered them all with scare crow killed all minions but the boss was still their so i put more traps and the other thingies amd hammered him with wraith then he had 100 health and i had 1 i tried to use a banshee to finis him but... it fizzled i thought oh no its over then i realised he only had 1 pip so he only used a trap then bang i hammered him with only a death touch but caues all the things i used to make my banshee stronger where still their it did like 300 damage and i won.

AND THIS IS ALL TRUE IM SERIOUSE!!