Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How close am I to Malistaire...

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 19, 2009
I am alomost done with the Obsidian Chest Quest (anyone need help with 8th just ask me) so how close am I to Malistaire. Also, is the dungeon take forever to get to him. I know it's not very important but it would be nice to know...

Scarlet Shadow level 46 Diviner/Pyromancer

Explorer
Jul 19, 2009
You are not close at all ... sorry to say.
The obsidian chest quest is very hard so it takes a while then you have to do to more areas. The Crystal Grove which takes at least 4 days - 7 days and then The Forum which takes at least 2 - 3 days. Then you can do the malistaire quest, but the dungeon is sooooooooooooooooooooo hard!! and annoying.

Paul legend Weaver Lv 50
Paul storm Wielder Lv 50
Paul Death Hand Lv 50
Paul Life Blood Lv 44
Paul Myth Blade Lv 14

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
i am not sure what level you have to be on to go there but i am sure its hard to get to.no friends are on right now so i need help.

Explorer
Jul 19, 2009
You don't need to be a specific level to go to malistaire, you just need the quest.

Explorer
Nov 01, 2009
Okay I guess it all depends on how much time you have to invest into getting to Malistaire which depends on how long it takes you to get to him. After you get all the pieces for the staff and have them assembled, you have to get a crystal for the head, which is where the crytal grove comes into play. After the staff is completed then you need to get your drake egg and hatch him, which takes some work, then you need to armour him. Then you are ready to get to Malistaire.

As far as his dungeon goes, I found it not nearly as difficult to do as fighting the Coven in Ravenscar or Jotun and his brothers in Nidavelir. Just my opinion. I've fought Malistaire several times now and it isn't that hard. You do need at least two others to go with you to get past his security system. If you don't have anyone online who will go with you just go to the Basillica and shout "I'm going to go fight Malistaire who wants to go with me?" I am sure you will have plenty of takers.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Okay I guess it all depends on how much time you have to invest into getting to Malistaire which depends on how long it takes you to get to him. After you get all the pieces for the staff and have them assembled, you have to get a crystal for the head, which is where the crytal grove comes into play. After the staff is completed then you need to get your drake egg and hatch him, which takes some work, then you need to armour him. Then you are ready to get to Malistaire.

Not exactly. After armor lets not forget back-blistering Forum and stupid Father Drake.

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
Survivor
May 05, 2009
pkcahill645 wrote:
You are not close at all ... sorry to say.
The obsidian chest quest is very hard so it takes a while then you have to do to more areas. The Crystal Grove which takes at least 4 days - 7 days and then The Forum which takes at least 2 - 3 days. Then you can do the malistaire quest, but the dungeon is sooooooooooooooooooooo hard!! and annoying.

Paul legend Weaver Lv 50
Paul storm Wielder Lv 50
Paul Death Hand Lv 50
Paul Life Blood Lv 44
Paul Myth Blade Lv 14
you cant really judge on how long it takes to beat a place but your right. those are the two places you have to beat. also, once you beat the obsidian chest quest you get a gragon rider staff that does 100 fire damage.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2009
Well, you are really close to Malistare. But, then you do the street the forum and you get armor for your drake.

~ Gabrielle Silevrdust Grandmaster Ice

Survivor
Sep 23, 2009
ThePieMaster wrote:
I am alomost done with the Obsidian Chest Quest (anyone need help with 8th just ask me) so how close am I to Malistaire. Also, is the dungeon take forever to get to him. I know it's not very important but it would be nice to know...

sorry kid did you just unlock dragon spyre or something not even 1% close

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
It's all good now I ahve defeated Malistare easily with the help of two other friends. I don't see what everybody is talking about when they said it was hard. It just takes a while to figure out how to get to the third crystal. The actual battles were easy.

Scarlet Shadow, Level 48 Diviner

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
steven1218 wrote:
ThePieMaster wrote:

1. I already defeated Malistare now!!!
2. I am on the last main area of the three, Basillica, Necropolis, and Dragonspyre academy.

Survivor
Jan 30, 2010
I think you have to be level 49 or something to get the quest. IDK how I know but I once went to dragonspyre because I got a friend who's a level 46 or something like that xD

I'm only level 29 but yeah I defeated a rank 9 boss. ???? I don't have that much health only like 1467

I'm going reaaaaaally off topic now xP but yerr up above is prob. the answer :)

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
ThePieMaster wrote:
steven1218 wrote:
ThePieMaster wrote:

1. I already defeated Malistare now!!!
2. I am on the last main area of the three, Basillica, Necropolis, and Dragonspyre academy.

Gratz

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
I was nowhere close before though I will admit. The Forum luckily was easy because my friend from Mooshu said if she helped me I would get her to ds.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
Don't worry, you're not THAT far from him. About 2/3 done, unlike the "1%" posted elsewhere on this thread.

-Saffron Mistbringer, Level 48 Necromancer

Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
steven1218 wrote:
ThePieMaster wrote:

ok seriously that is like the final portal in dragonspyre, not when you first get to the basilica. you are like 75% done.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
ThePieMaster wrote:

how dp you get mb and mooshu because i'm a level: 40 and i cant get it help me get those places by james wild hammer