Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My Least Favorite World

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
mooshu is my sure favorite! why?
no lag
good health bonus on clothes
good bonuses on clothes
last boss isn't an instance :D
cool theme
not to hard not to easy
cool pets
instances are fun
i dont see how people finish the streets so quickly. i think its kinda hard and not easy to finish a street in a couple of hours.

Sean Goldmask lvl 40 pyromancer

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
pandalover3 wrote:
i love mooshu its my favorite world! abigail anvilbreaker lvl threety-three death wiz

i agree mooshu is my favorite world all the beautiful trees.
lvl 40 ice wizard
victoria goldengem

Survivor
Apr 16, 2010
2700masters wrote:
no offense but mooshu is chinese.

No, it's clearly a combination of Asian cultures. The monks and many of the names appeared to be Chinese, but the Samurai (Samoorai) were a Japanese reference. In addition, the Chinese highly valued Jade (Jade Scepter, Jade Oni, etc.) while the Oni were demons in Japanese folklore.

I'd say it's both.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2009
When I walked in the Cave of solitude I said "This place is Perfect"Let me talk about the awesome stuuf

First In marleybone If the charcters were not dogs I would have killed them since "The party this. . . Fetch my purse . . .Get my daughter . . ."and their accent I know the british they do not talk like that.The world is Fun to play with I enjoy killing pigs i enjoy the people there they are so nice!Also i like the layout two little areas and one dungeon for each part.Then the storyline is intresting actualy whenever i fight i say "FOR HIS IMPERIAL MAJESTY" and start having a sense of fighting since I did not fight for "my rare purse or some tomb".Agreement here right ?

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
2700masters wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
accioliv88 wrote:
MooShu is my favorite world!

I am I big Asian fan, and so this is the world I have been waiting for ever since I got to MB!

Hannah Dragonsword, level 39 fire

Me 2! I love learning about Asian culture, it interests me! So much, that I'm planning to learn Japanese (language and writing!) soon 8)

MOOSHU BABY!!!

no offense but mooshu is chinese. also have you noticed that japan is full of citys.

Um, I never said mooshu was based on Japan. If you haven't noticed, the asian culture includes Japan and China, as well as many other areas around Asia. I am learning Japanese, not Chinese, which is why I said that. Japan is an asian culture.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
jlcool6 wrote:
MooShu is probably my least favorite world? Why? I don't like the clothes, the enemies, the bosses, the theme and other stuff. I didn't like the final boss either. What I like for a final boss is a boss that has been talked about once before I got the quest and has enemies in a cool building or dungeon. I don't like Jade palace, I don't like the fact that there is no enemies involved and I wish Jade Oni was involved more. Now that would be harder but I like a challange. My favorite world, Marleybone had a good final boss. (Well my opinion) Anyway how much do you like MooShu?
Are you joking!!In my opinion MooShu is the best world ever.I know the Jade Oni is boring but other than that it's awesome.

KaricGoldenfist
level 32 Magus
Necromance

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
I think mooshu is a great world. It is much easier than the dreadful marleybone (ugh) and the enemies are just the right rank. And plus it goes extremely quick. I still wonder why i finish mooshu in a matter of hours.

Anyway, mooshu is a great world, and the side quests alone give 2000 xp each. that's great if you need to level up. And plus, like everyone said, you fight cyrus drake to get into ds right after mooshu, so its a great surprise and its pretty exciting, even though you don't like the last boss. I have to admit, i hated marleybone. I would get caught in battles, and it took longer than mooshu. plus marleybone has less areas than mooshu, and still takes forever. i don't like marleybone, its scares me. And i don't care much for the theme of mooshu, but the world is good.

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
I love Moo Shu. The atmosphere,clothes, and enemies. It's so original! Also, I like the rivers and ponds, personally I think it's a beautiful place. But the bosses are pretty easy, which is good for me actually.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth MistLeaf
Magus Level 38 Thaumaturge

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
You guys are misunderstanding the whole "japanese" and "chinese" deal, or at least some of you aren't.
This is placed in older times, not 21 century. Of course it won't have cities. It has temples,samurai, ninjas, etc. Also, she/he's correct, Onis are of Japanese Folktales.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth MistLeaf
Level 39

Defender
Mar 01, 2009
jlcool6 wrote:
MooShu is probably my least favorite world? Why? I don't like the clothes, the enemies, the bosses, the theme and other stuff. I didn't like the final boss either. What I like for a final boss is a boss that has been talked about once before I got the quest and has enemies in a cool building or dungeon. I don't like Jade palace, I don't like the fact that there is no enemies involved and I wish Jade Oni was involved more. Now that would be harder but I like a challange. My favorite world, Marleybone had a good final boss. (Well my opinion) Anyway how much do you like MooShu?

if you want a challenge try fighting jade oni alone(if you haven't already) and it is a challenge i think cause i was lucky to beat him at least twice by myself and those times were very very close like 200 -300 some health left
i like MS it is a nice world and has a great final boss(my opinion) as well as great bosses and dunegeons and a lot of the reagents i need are found there and i love the asian theme i want to learn japanese(probably spelled wrong)
Scarlet Redthorn grandmaster fire
Chris Deathbringer lvl 33 green school(didnt get MS yet but still...)

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
fancymay wrote:
You guys are misunderstanding the whole "japanese" and "chinese" deal, or at least some of you aren't.
This is placed in older times, not 21 century. Of course it won't have cities. It has temples,samurai, ninjas, etc. Also, she/he's correct, Onis are of Japanese Folktales.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth MistLeaf
Level 39

yep. Mooshu is a bit of everything.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
I'm not even close to Mooshu, (still on last Krokotopian Quest and the fact that my membership is about to end) but it sounds pretty awesome! I got a glimpse of Marleybone and the dark night sky. It would be pretty if there were stars. Oh well. I'll just have to live with it. But I love how Mooshu is based on Asia!!! I'm Asian myself and I aprove of Mooshu!!! I think the snacks they sell there should be like Yan-yans. I love Yan-yans.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
2700masters wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
accioliv88 wrote:
MooShu is my favorite world!

I am I big Asian fan, and so this is the world I have been waiting for ever since I got to MB!

Hannah Dragonsword, level 39 fire

Me 2! I love learning about Asian culture, it interests me! So much, that I'm planning to learn Japanese (language and writing!) soon 8)

MOOSHU BABY!!!

no offense but mooshu is chinese. also have you noticed that japan is full of citys.

Um, I never said mooshu was based on Japan. If you haven't noticed, the asian culture includes Japan and China, as well as many other areas around Asia. I am learning Japanese, not Chinese, which is why I said that. Japan is an asian culture.

Other countries around Japan and China? Oh, joy!!! I hope they include Cambodia and Tai-Wan(hope I spelled that right) and Korea And the Philippines and I'm just so excited to get there!!!!!!

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
MooShu is my favorite world. Whoever designed it had an eye for beauty. The attention to detail is exceptional, with more variety than seen on Marleybone. If you are a student of mythology and history, you should enjoy the way both Grizzleheim and MooShu are so deeply grounded in their mythic and cultural connections to the real world. Sometimes I travel to MooShu just to enjoy the scenery! I definitely intend to buy my next house in MooShu. It is the perfect place for relaxing after a day on Marleybone or Dragon Spire.

As far as action goes, I enjoyed most of the quests. A few seemed repetitive, but that is true on all the worlds.

Taryn BlueLeaf, Life Wizard, Level 46

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Survivor
Sep 04, 2009
superluther wrote:
jlcool6 wrote:

I loved everything about Mooshu. After the nasty dark world of Marleybone, the bright colorful Mooshu was very pleasant.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

i love mooshu. the hard hike through big ben is worth it.
no more getting sucked into fights!
no more dark hard to see areas!
and no more puzzles that are too hard to solve!
just got to it :)
blaze icegem lv.36 necromancer
p.s. my friend is a myth wiz lv.29.
she is working on marleybone
she is longing to get here i bet. she loves mooshu.

Explorer
Nov 26, 2008
I don't like Wizard City. I know that's where you come from and all but it's NOOB CITY! Besides, the scenery is very boring... Like Marleybone. But Marleybone I like because it is very aristocratic and fancy. (hehe)

But I like Krokotopia the best... Because I like Egypt hehe (MANDERS ARE SOOO ADORABLE) :D

Molly
Adept Sorcerer
--
I don't believe in signatures.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
yea, i just started mooshu and i can already see a difference, and a MASSIVE reasoning behind why it is my FAV world EVER.

first off, the xp. i earned a lvl by doing one quest. just one! and it didn't even involve killing anything! just running around and putting out fires in hametsu village.

second, the color. marleybone is just too darn depressing, all dark and dreary, like new york city in a power outage. i hated it. and as a life wizard i was like "helloooo? GIVE ME SOME COLOR!" it's just brown, gray, black, and the occasional tan in there. I LOVE Mooshu's bright and cheerful atmosphere, even in the mob areas.

third off, and this is probably the main reason why, is because the stinkin sidewalks actually WORK in Mooshu. I don't think Marleybone even had sidewalks, let alone ones that worked. I would be standing on the edge of the rooftops, minding my own business, when suddenly i get pulled into battle. SO unfair I yelled about five thousand times. Now? I FINALLY GET SIDEWALKS THAT KEEP ME FROM GETTING PULLED INTO FIGHTS! when i have health and mana that is down to zero but i wanna save my potion for the boss i am on my way to fight.

only sad part is the speed of the monsters. some of them anyway. and all of those ninja pigs. so many......

good eating though!

Survivor
Jul 09, 2010
I'm still in Krokotopia, but via teleporting to friends i have managed to get into MB and MS, and i IMMIDEATELY loved MS. MB was so dark, depressing and crawling with wierdos(stupid cat burglers ) and i teled into MS and i loved it i love china and japan and all that, especially because of the style of the roofs in china. I'm starting to explore through the areas of Yoshihito Temple(Ancient Burial Ground, etc.) and i hop i can get one of the crown Mooshu outfits im not NEARLY high enough level to wear actual MS clothes(im only lvl 21) .

~Chris Griffinhaven, Adept Pyromancer`

Survivor
May 07, 2010
I love MooShu more than any other world so far. My next favorite is Krokotopia.

Both worlds are lovely to wander around in.

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
jlcool6 wrote:
MooShu is probably my least favorite world? Why? I don't like the clothes, the enemies, the bosses, the theme and other stuff. I didn't like the final boss either. What I like for a final boss is a boss that has been talked about once before I got the quest and has enemies in a cool building or dungeon. I don't like Jade palace,

So what you're saying is you don't like the theme of MS. I like how it is a life place. I don't like MB because you are always getting pulled into fights. I don't care what it looks like. Same for my dad. MB is waaay to hard to navigate. That is a reason to not like a world.

Abigail Spiritrider

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
I would have to say Moo shu is my favorite world. Reason why I love Moo shu so much cause it reminds me of all the samurai stories I heard in history class and in my spare time. My next favorite would have to be Krokotopia cause I like the Ancient Egyptians. My least favorite would have to be Marleybone, but I am starting to like a little more every time I go there.

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
My reasons why MS is my favorite world:

No incredible lag
clothing is not to overpriced (like DS)
all the bacon, err... i mean pigs dont make me sneeze (cause i'm allergic to cats)
the sidewalks actually work
most of the eneimes use moves lvl 1-18
the enimes have fair health for the lvl your at
the boss after jade oni is one of my favorites (ignoreing i am myth :D)
like others said, its not depressing

It IS nice being surrounded by walking bacon....sorry piggys, but you are too good not to be in my mouth.
i know right

Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
ok think ALL worlds are great but DS is very very hard bye for now :)