Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is this happening?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 09, 2010
I have been playing Wizard 101 on this computer for a while now and have never experienced any problems with lag. This morning I go on and begin where I left off in village of sorrows in Mooshu. After 2 minutes the game becomes pretty much unplayable as I move in very large, choppy frames. So I figure every game has it's down time so I leave my computer for 6=7 hours and come back to play and it has just gotten worse. I will tell you things I have done and checked and if anyone can offer me some advice that doesn't include these things I would be very grateful.

I have tried...
Waiting

Checking my internet connection speed ( found as always it is above average )

I have had all the graphics turned down since day 1 and my video card is very much capable of handling this game's graphics so that would not be the issue anyway

Signing on and off as well as switching to perfect realms

Any advice would be great because i am really beside myself and I have no idea what to do. Thanks

Administrator
We have the tech support you need, but we need more information from you, young Wizard!

If you have any questions or concerns regarding game or account matters, please send an email to: support@wizard101.com. Please include your account username and a DxDiag.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run it's course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
its happening to me to evey time i play its always an error txt or what ever it DRIVES ME CRAZY!

Survivor
Jan 09, 2010
The problem is Mooshu itself though. As I told you, my computer meets, and exceeds, the specifications needed for this game. Just a few minutes ago I decided to mark my place and try the " Go Home " button. I returned to my dorm and the game ran very smoothly as usual. Then I stepped outside into the very crowded Ravenwood and had no problems, and the same thing happend in the Commons, totally lag free. Many of my friends have also experienced lag issues that are specific to area of Mushoo. I have also read many threads wondering about lag where the user pointed out that it was worst in Mooshu and Dragonspyre, which I haven't gotten the joy of experiencing yet.

All and all, the question I am asking is... Is there any possibility that Mooshu induces lag? All signs, not just for me, point to yes.

And if so , is there any possible fix for the problem?

Thanks

Survivor
Dec 05, 2008
I know how you feel, it happens to me a lot lately. Maybe the cause of this is maybe there's a lot of people online and each server if either crowded or full.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2009
Hello i had the same thing happen if you hit your { T } it turns off your navgater ! for a bit or tell you get out of the lag.....well it works for me!