Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wing Mounts

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 16, 2008
Just out of Curosity are the Seraph wings for guys
or can we only get the Bat wings. I think the angel wings are
cool and prefer them over the bat ones. I was thinking that people would be
like (He is weird he has Seraph wings) or something like that. Please
help me.

Wolf Dragonflame
Level 44 Pyromancer
The Labyrinth Dragonspyre

Administrator
Please see the page linked from the game patcher about the new items, and your question will be answered :)

https://www.wizard101.com/game/promotions/newitems

One of the most requested Mount additions has been a pair of wings, and we've got TWO for you to choose from: Seraph Wings and Bat Wings. Both types of wings can be purchased for either gender! These Mounts are only available to purchase from the Crowns Shop for Crowns, but they can also be found on high level bosses of the Spiral!

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Dec 16, 2008
Administrator
It seems many young Wizards are diligently looking for the new Winged Mounts on the high level bosses of the Spiral.

We've just discovered that they're not dropping at a high enough rate, and we will be adjusting this rate in the future.

Until then, give the poor bosses a break and continue with your adventures in the Spiral. We will let you know when the drop rate has been reset.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
Survivor
Jan 09, 2010
I have a pair of the seraph wings and I love them. The brooms are a close second in my book.

I only have one suggestion to the master wizards above: please make the wings semi-transparent when the point-of-view (or camera, as it were) is close up. Since the wings span the whole screen, it makes it difficult to avoid those monsters in tight spaces.

Other than that: the flight is smooth, they get me to where I'm going, and they just look cool.

Thanks again for constantly improving the gaming experience.

Rowan Willowsmith, GM Balance (awesome for support and long battles)
Kestrel Willowsmith, level 42 Storm (awesome for attack)
Rowan Moonwielder, level 27 Death (just plain fun)
Rowan Deathhammer, level 4 Life (hasn't defined her possibilities, yet)

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
sblue42 wrote:
I have a pair of the seraph wings and I love them. The brooms are a close second in my book.

I only have one suggestion to the master wizards above: please make the wings semi-transparent when the point-of-view (or camera, as it were) is close up. Since the wings span the whole screen, it makes it difficult to avoid those monsters in tight spaces.

Other than that: the flight is smooth, they get me to where I'm going, and they just look cool.

Thanks again for constantly improving the gaming experience.

Rowan Willowsmith, GM Balance (awesome for support and long battles)
Kestrel Willowsmith, level 42 Storm (awesome for attack)
Rowan Moonwielder, level 27 Death (just plain fun)
Rowan Deathhammer, level 4 Life (hasn't defined her possibilities, yet)

Do you have your zoom moved all the way out? Also screen resolution might need adjustment so that the wings are not taking up so much room on your screen.

Even when I have my wizard backed all the way up against a wall I only see the wings a little at the top of the screen, as the wizard appears to be see-through. I actually am finding visibility with the wings to be second only to the broom.....way better than with any of the animal mounts, especially the dragons.

Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
i was just wondering where you can find the seraph wings because i have been trying to get them from the jade oni for a long time and i have tryed malistare a few times. So can anyone tell me where the seraph wings are more likely to be found at which boss.
Thank you :)

Logan SwiftSword
Granmaster Fire lvl 50 :)

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
amarveerthegreat wrote:
i was just wondering where you can find the seraph wings because i have been trying to get them from the jade oni for a long time and i have tryed malistare a few times. So can anyone tell me where the seraph wings are more likely to be found at which boss.
Thank you :)

Logan SwiftSword
Granmaster Fire lvl 50 :)

yea me to i been trying to get them from jade oni because i just got a subscription lol and i need to get to malistair but i really dont know where to get the wings but i've spent like almost $200.00 on this game in cards before the wings came out lol

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
But they can also be found on high level bosses of the Spiral!

Oh thank goodness! I was scared for a second that I wouldn't be able to try the wing mounts out, because I had already used my crowns for a horse!

.....Wait, are the ones that drop from the bosses only temporary, or are they permanent?

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
IxionInc wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
But they can also be found on high level bosses of the Spiral!

Oh thank goodness! I was scared for a second that I wouldn't be able to try the wing mounts out, because I had already used my crowns for a horse!

.....Wait, are the ones that drop from the bosses only temporary, or are they permanent?

Permenente...................