Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sunken City Disappoinment

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 27, 2010
I am a lvl 13 fire wizard, and I play with a lvl 13 life wizard. Today, for a bit of fun, we decided to give sunken city a try (expecting to be hammered). To our surprise we managed, with a lot of healing breaks (one stayed in sunken city whilst other went to heal), we managed to make it all the way to Grubb.

Fighting Grubb and his cronies, we both had to flee, down a potion, and teleport back a couple of times, whilst the other player kept fighting. Eventually, however, we managed to win. And were both alive at the end of the battle.

My friend's quest to fibd proof of Grubb updated at the end of the battle. However, mine did not, and now I will have to rerun Sunken City

I'm guessing this might be due to my being killed just before one of the scarecrows died (I was still in the room at that point), so it didn't count towards the quest completeing. I was alive and present when Grubb and the second scarecrow died (which ended the fight).

Leaves a bit if bad taste in the mouth though... all that effort for nothing. :(

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Dashjianta wrote:
I am a lvl 13 fire wizard, and I play with a lvl 13 life wizard. Today, for a bit of fun, we decided to give sunken city a try (expecting to be hammered). To our surprise we managed, with a lot of healing breaks (one stayed in sunken city whilst other went to heal), we managed to make it all the way to Grubb.

Fighting Grubb and his cronies, we both had to flee, down a potion, and teleport back a couple of times, whilst the other player kept fighting. Eventually, however, we managed to win. And were both alive at the end of the battle.

My friend's quest to fibd proof of Grubb updated at the end of the battle. However, mine did not, and now I will have to rerun Sunken City

I'm guessing this might be due to my being killed just before one of the scarecrows died (I was still in the room at that point), so it didn't count towards the quest completeing. I was alive and present when Grubb and the second scarecrow died (which ended the fight).

Leaves a bit if bad taste in the mouth though... all that effort for nothing. :(
That does stink because it is the 2nd hardest place to run.(1st hardest is Katstiens Lab)Well the good thing is you get more money from selling the stuff you get there!

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
You must have either been away when Grubb died, or in your combat circle but not active. Either way, it really doesn't matter, as Life will need to go in there for a higher level quest and redo it anyway. Just think of it as a preview till later.