Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reporting people for, "Bolting"

AuthorMessage
Delver
Feb 18, 2010
Popman98 wrote:
THAT SICKENS ME! people are now actually tring to report people for wild bolting?next you will tell me that they report people using the spell judgment!you arent going to have the rank warlord handed to you on a silver platter!you have to get used to variety of types and have good strategys to be worthy of a title such as warlord!! *sigh*...i just people would see logic...

8)

Jared Stormblade 50 diviner

"If we all see common sense, I wont chunk peanut butter-jellies at anbody"

i agree. you need to work for the titles you want. the ones who lose because of wild bolt are just sore losers, although the recent changes to wild bolt would make losing because of it pretty slim. i guess peeps are gonna start complaining about some other spell, like the new 58 ones.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
kaleeraisen wrote:
Popman98 wrote:
THAT SICKENS ME! people are now actually tring to report people for wild bolting?next you will tell me that they report people using the spell judgment!you arent going to have the rank warlord handed to you on a silver platter!you have to get used to variety of types and have good strategys to be worthy of a title such as warlord!! *sigh*...i just people would see logic...

8)

i agree. you need to work for the titles you want. the ones who lose because of wild bolt are just sore losers, although the recent changes to wild bolt would make losing because of it pretty slim. i guess peeps are gonna start complaining about some other spell, like the new 58 ones.

LOL, I just read a thread in which the wizard is angry because people use treasure tower shields and other treasures in PvP. he said if we use them, we must suffer a lack of strategy. Geeze, should we just pvp with wand hits?

Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
i bet if wold bolt gets banned it will lead to judgement then orthrus and minotaur then beguile then dispels then stun then round by round spells then chains spells then everything bad everyone unhappy wanting there spell to come back but not the other spells i say we restore wild bolt to how it was but give it a 25% accuracy limit either have it at 25% or make your gear not do a larger amount other than 25% cause a 10 damage hit horrible and a 100 damage hit a wow and a 1000 damage hit a YAY but rarely happens.

Luis Legend Blade
(almost) Legendary storm
was a 4568 rank warlord until i ranked down and cl came with te bolt update.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
Well even though I've never been bolted or seen a wild bolt I don't think it should be banned! I mean it's just one of the storm school's advantages! Every school has them along with every school having it's disadvantages!
With storm you have spells with higher damage but lower accuracy.
Ice: You have lots of shields and things that can protect you but not as many attack spells.
Life: You can more easily heal yourself and others but you also have fewer( and sometimes a bit weaker) attack spells.
Myth: You have multiple spells that will hurt everyone on the team or that will hit twice which will get rid of shields but you don't have many healing spells or spells that will boost your attack.
Death: You can attack someone while at the same time healing yourself and you also have many spells that increase you damage or decrease your opponents healing ability but your attack spells are weaker then most of the other schools.
I don't have much expierience with fire or balance so I'm not sure about them.
But this just goes to prove that you shouldn't get mad over losing! I'm sure the person you are fighting knows of a spell from your school that they really hate and think is unfair!

Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
bailey12 wrote:
Well even though I've never been bolted or seen a wild bolt I don't think it should be banned! I mean it's just one of the storm school's advantages! Every school has them along with every school having it's disadvantages!
With storm you have spells with higher damage but lower accuracy.
Ice: You have lots of shields and things that can protect you but not as many attack spells.
Life: You can more easily heal yourself and others but you also have fewer( and sometimes a bit weaker) attack spells.
Myth: You have multiple spells that will hurt everyone on the team or that will hit twice which will get rid of shields but you don't have many healing spells or spells that will boost your attack.
Death: You can attack someone while at the same time healing yourself and you also have many spells that increase you damage or decrease your opponents healing ability but your attack spells are weaker then most of the other schools.
I don't have much expierience with fire or balance so I'm not sure about them.
But this just goes to prove that you shouldn't get mad over losing! I'm sure the person you are fighting knows of a spell from your school that they really hate and think is unfair!
you just listed good things about most schools you need to think of it from a storms side not a ices or lifes side.To storm if they remove it there one spell short in the game.That and it a survival spell. well it was now its a really unrelieable piece of junk. the kast time i seen anyone use it in pvp was THERE last when it hit 10 10 100 10 1000 and the 1000 i shielded. by the time it was over i tritoned him and i win.

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
Slushie3704 wrote:
"Bolting," in general means using the spell Wild Bolt.

Storm characters learn this spell once they unlock MooShu. It has a 10% accuracy, but deals 1,000 damage.

You can't really report someone for using Wild Bolt, since it was a spell KingIsle approved and distributed to the game.

I thought that they upgraded it so now it does either 10, 100, or 1000 damage with an accuracy of 70.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
ibeamazing101 wrote:
Slushie3704 wrote:
"Bolting," in general means using the spell Wild Bolt.

Storm characters learn this spell once they unlock MooShu. It has a 10% accuracy, but deals 1,000 damage.

You can't really report someone for using Wild Bolt, since it was a spell KingIsle approved and distributed to the game.

I thought that they upgraded it so now it does either 10, 100, or 1000 damage with an accuracy of 70.

it was

Explorer
May 12, 2009
frogboy38668 wrote:
well look they should be reported people that are balance gets warlord by judgementing which knocks me out and bolting does the same i get those two schools times balance 30% storm 40% and i see that most of them are warlords balance 80% storm 70% so why we dont get killer cards still just think if a fient and a storm trap on you and a elemental blade + storm blade was on him that bolt could take you out easy sence thats whats happens to me my ranking prob at like -10 so ban these card all ready so i can get a good ranking

grandmaster pyromancer
tyler dragoneyes
So your saying that Wild Bolt and Judgement should be banned so it makes life easier for you? Well, that's how many people feel about these spells. I admit, I don't always like it when I get hit with these spells, but I don't want them BANNED. If they got banned that would make Balance people weaker, since Judge is kinda their edge, but I don't think it would affect storm if Wild Bolt was gone, cause they still have Levithian or whatever it was. But still, don't ban them from pvp. And most people who complain about this only do pvp. so lighten up about it.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
kaleeraisen wrote:
Popman98 wrote:

8)

People are already disappointed in Leviathan and skeletal dragon.

Explorer
Nov 15, 2008
Popman98 wrote:

8)

LOL , watch out! PB and J flying towards you!

Explorer
Nov 15, 2008
nathan12890 wrote:
Popman98 wrote:

8)

i agree whats next no more earthquake
Noooooo! Earthquake is my favorite!

Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
People who want wild bolt taken out are just upset because they lost to someone who was better than them. Isn't that the way it is supposed to go.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2008
They need to put bolt back to the way it was
but make it 30% instead of how it is
because 70% with a 10 toughness 100 toughness or 1000 toughness is bad because then if you have lots of blades and traps and you wanna bolt and it does the 10 then its a big waste :)

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
Why not just blade up and Garg Kraken or maybe Storm Bats? It hits it does serious damage, if not, the blades are still there. Then blade up and Garg again. Plus doesn't the fizzled Garged card go back into your deck, even if you reshuffle?

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
As of a few months ago when celestia was released, wild bolt was changed to have 70% accuracy and its damage is now higly random. as of a few updates ago, the damage is 10 or 100 or 1000. it is now a blessing and a curse. imagine the hilarity of someone preparing all there blades and traps and it only does 10 damage? its really not that bad. just use a storm shield!

thank you for your time,
Charles Shadowflame level 48 pyromancer

Survivor
Sep 08, 2009
ok i am a storm bloting sucks now so why wouls this even be going on i am storm i only bolt to get stuff off of people so if you are going to talk a
bout bolting they need to put it back to the old bolting that would be more fair :D

Survivor
Jul 14, 2010
Perfect change to the card.

With this change KI has returned the original purpose of the card. It's an "OH NO, PANIC, DO SOMETHING QUICK AND HOPE IT WORKS" card. That's what they intended it to be when they created it, and I'm glad they found a way to work around how it was being abused in PvP combat.

It was never intended to be a primary strategy card, and now it is cemented in what they wanted it to do in the game.

For everyone that is complaining about taking damage from ANY school, you should know there are shield spells that are Free to every wizard and for any wizard there are also shield spells that can be trained in Wizard City.

Start using an effective defense instead of whining that you can't build a proper deck for victory. You can get a shield off in round one just like someone can bolt in round one.