Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Diamond!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
I need to find diamond for the crafting quests in Dargonspyre. I have the transmute diamond card, but is there anonther way besides buying it or crafting it that I can get it fast?

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
howrseluvar wrote:
I need to find diamond for the crafting quests in Dargonspyre. I have the transmute diamond card, but is there anonther way besides buying it or crafting it that I can get it fast?

The best way is to double-dip farming. Many places in DS have many 'ore' reagents. Just pick an area within, say, a one minute run, and farm them by jumping to new realms every time you hit the end of a farming run. Now, you should get diamonds at a rate of ~5%, so in a run with 3 ore possible, you should get 5 ore and a 'partial chance at a diamond'. After about 8 realms, you should have about 15-20 ore and a diamond (if chance favors you). That converts to two diamond every ten minutes of well thought out hunting.

On the other hand, it is faster to just buy them. They are becoming more easily found in the bazaar...yesterday I saw 10 diamonds just sitting there.

Administrator
Survivor
Nov 07, 2009
Survivor
May 22, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Felicia Worthington in Marleybone may have something of interest to you, young Wizards.

um, where is she again?

thx
alex icehammer lvl 49 (almost 50)

Hero
May 27, 2009
Survivor
May 10, 2009
howrseluvar wrote:
nope enless you can wish real good

Survivor
Oct 24, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Felicia Worthington in Marleybone may have something of interest to you, young Wizards.
thx but when i got her transmute card for the ore to diamonds i dont know what to do with the card and do i only get to do it once.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
thx but i got the treasure card and i need the diamonds for the DS quest but i dont know what to do with the card once i get it. and also do you only get to use it one time or can you use it repeatidly.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
elfonzo99 wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
thx but i got the treasure card and i need the diamonds for the DS quest but i dont know what to do with the card once i get it. and also do you only get to use it one time or can you use it repeatidly.

To use the 'Transmute Diamond' recipie you will need to have a card crafting station, 15 ore, and a free slot. As all recipies, you may use it multiple times. Cool down time is short, so if you have two slots free, you can craft one after the other.

Explorer
Jun 14, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
elfonzo99 wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

To use the 'Transmute Diamond' recipie you will need to have a card crafting station, 15 ore, and a free slot. As all recipies, you may use it multiple times. Cool down time is short, so if you have two slots free, you can craft one after the other.
where do you get the transmute card?

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
sbs5000 wrote:
MikeStrath wrote:
elfonzo99 wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

where do you get the transmute card?

Buy the transmute diamond recipe from Felicia Worthington in Marleybone outside Digmoore Station, and it shows up under your Treasure Card Recipes in Crafting. The cool down is 5 seconds, and there is always a little bit of lag time after a slot is cool and ready to use before it will REALLY let you use it, but you can crank out any of the transmutes on just one slot pretty quickly as long as you have your reagents. I crafted 8 diamonds in about a minute so I could make a Dreamband Headwrap from Mu Shoo.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
MikeStrath wrote:
howrseluvar wrote:

The best way is to double-dip farming. Many places in DS have many 'ore' reagents. Just pick an area within, say, a one minute run, and farm them by jumping to new realms every time you hit the end of a farming run. Now, you should get diamonds at a rate of ~5%, so in a run with 3 ore possible, you should get 5 ore and a 'partial chance at a diamond'. After about 8 realms, you should have about 15-20 ore and a diamond (if chance favors you). That converts to two diamond every ten minutes of well thought out hunting.

On the other hand, it is faster to just buy them. They are becoming more easily found in the bazaar...yesterday I saw 10 diamonds just sitting there.

hey thanks that might help me allot i need money not the quest and every time i get a diamond it sells for like ONE HUNDRED GOLD that really helps me out.