Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Computer Freeze ups

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
My computer freezes up alot...... Is there any way to stop that?

Is is my computer or is it the Game?

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
Tushione wrote:
My computer freezes up alot...... Is there any way to stop that?

Is is my computer or is it the Game?

There are many things that could cause this, I get that too at times
and it uasualy means one of these things;

1. I forgot to Reboot my computer.

2. I need to Defrag my hard drive.

3. I need to clean out all the temp files, spyware (if any), cache etc.

BUT I have also had programs runnin in the background that wanted to
update causeing my game to lock up and then unlock again (this happens very fast) but not fast enuff for me to notice or have the game glitch putting me in a surprise battle!! Grrr.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
This is your computer, try running the Disk Cleanup utility and to remember to run an antivirus software. Also you may want to lower your graphics settings ingame if your system cannot handle much 3D graphics.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
It is not his computer. If you read other posts on the same subject you will find out it is happening to many many people, myself included. There seems to be many posts on this topic especially after an update. But no solution. A large amount of them dating to last summer. It is a frustrating problem and i hope it is resolved soon. I can't even play the game for periods of time any more. They suggest sending them an email with an attachment of a DxDiag saved file. They give you the steps to locate the DxDiag and how to save the file to send to them in other posts.

Maybe if all those who are having freeze (which is no movement or cards showing which is a prelude to the disconnect) or connection lost or server disconnect which are all the same problem, were to all send in emails then maybe there would be a solution in the near future.

Also wanted to mention that i notice it is at its worst when it is early evening into the night eastern time for me. Maybe it is a server overload, that they didn't anticipate as many people would play and servers can't handle the over load?