Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

They've done it again!

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
They've done it again! GO KINGSILE! love the wings idea, and i was hoping the astral cloths would come back soon, they rocked! lol

Defender
Jun 19, 2009
I'd like to see what the new Wings "mounts" look like.

I tried pulling them up in my Crowns Shop, but all the Preview Image shows is sparkles. I can't see the "wings" at all.

Can someone fix it -- or upload an image somewhere? Thx.

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
They've done it again! GO KINGSILE! love the wings idea, and i was hoping the astral cloths would come back soon, they rocked! lol

Yeah, the wings are nice, though very pricey, and I love the new wand-type items, same thing with the prices though...BUT, very cool that one does 110 damage! I wish there was a way you could test out mounts for a short time as I am afraid that, like the Dragons, the wings will get in the way of visibility at times.

I too would like to see a return of the Astral Clothes, not becasue of the stats, but becasue of the design. I am not real impressed on the stats of the astral gear or the new clothes. I mean the stats are not bad, but it just depends what you are going for. I am sure PvP players will love the new gear as the stats are more across the board increases. I like more health for questing, however.
But I would love to see some more gear out that is in the design of the old Astral gear...with the star patterns. I would use those just for the looks :D

Administrator
Defender
Jun 19, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Pictures can be found here:
https://www.wizard101.com/game/promotions/newitems
or follow the link on the game launcher before you log in.

The new wings look very nice. Both my Life Wizards and my Death Wizards would look great with the appropriate type of wings. :D

But why can't I SEE them, either in the Crown Shop or on anyone that has them? I saw someone with Wings today -- but it just looked like they were just floating there.

If I didn't know about this already, I'd have thought it was a bug with a Dragon Mount or something. :?

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
the wings look so AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! i'm glad that they let you get either pair, because i think i want to get the bat wings. The idea of getting to try out the mounts for free would be so cool!! you could click on preview, and you would show up in a little room or island and you would get to test it out! but does anyone know how much they cost?? i probably won't be able to find out for a few more days because i'm going on a vacation (no laptops). anyway, awesome mounts kingsisle!!!!

stay magical,

Victoria SpiritBlossom, level 27 adept theurgist

Defender
Jul 01, 2008
AlecVolterra wrote:
love the wings idea,

Once upon a time, wings were only for the girl version of the 1000-ticket commander robe. You had wings, that was an accomplishment. You worked hard for them.

The Guardian Outfit was released. Now, you have money, you buy crowns, you buy wings. Or, you have gold, you buy wings. Now, okay you have wings. Cool.

Wing mounts were released. You have money = you have whatever you like. Now, you have wings. Whatever, everyone could. You only need money.

Not saying wing mounts was a bad idea. They look cool. But now everyone who worked for their wings... Isn't so much of a big deal now. You can just buy them.

Amber Pixiefountain life 50
Amber Goldleaf myth 50
Amber Willowleaf balance 50
Amber Moon storm 50

Explorer
Jan 06, 2009
an the new clothing be purchased seperately or only as a set? I want the robe that comes with the Triton card, but I'm happy with my current boots and hat. If they can only be purchased as a set, can the set be broken up and traded to my other characters?

Survivor
Jan 27, 2010
AuroraGriffin wrote:
But why can't I SEE them, either in the Crown Shop or on anyone that has them? I saw someone with Wings today -- but it just looked like they were just floating there.

If I didn't know about this already, I'd have thought it was a bug with a Dragon Mount or something. :?

I can't see them either. I can't see them in the Crown Shop display or in the game. I've been told what they look like but, like AuroraGriffin, all I see are sparkles where the wings should be. My wife, on the other hand, can see wings fine on her computer in the other room. Is this a graphics glitch or video card problem or what?

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Pictures can be found here:
https://www.wizard101.com/game/promotions/newitems
or follow the link on the game launcher before you log in.

I like the mounts but when(i'm guessing never :?) are subscribers gonna get something nice? Also is there an easy way to get the wings mount from jade oni because i dont wanna sound like those "i fought ____ a million times but didnt get this" kind of people but can it be a little eaiser to get something nice because i think that subscribers deserve something good considering that subsribers are the real people that help make KI run.

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
Slushie3704 wrote:
AlecVolterra wrote:
love the wings idea,

Once upon a time, wings were only for the girl version of the 1000-ticket commander robe. You had wings, that was an accomplishment. You worked hard for them.

The Guardian Outfit was released. Now, you have money, you buy crowns, you buy wings. Or, you have gold, you buy wings. Now, okay you have wings. Cool.

Wing mounts were released. You have money = you have whatever you like. Now, you have wings. Whatever, everyone could. You only need money.

Not saying wing mounts was a bad idea. They look cool. But now everyone who worked for their wings... Isn't so much of a big deal now. You can just buy them.

Amber Goldleaf myth 50
Amber Moon storm 50

The old way required doing PvP, unfortunately. Not EVERYONE even likes doing PVP...I know I HATE the idea of it, even. It's just a bunch of rude, hate-filled people that either have no sub and/or nothing better to do than to treat other people badly in order to make themselves feel good....so I avoid it like the plague, even just to watch friends, I won't go in there. The world has enough hateful people without wasting my leisure time around them.

So.....I, for one, am really happy that KI came up with so many creative ways that the rest of us can have wings :)

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Slushie3704 wrote:
AlecVolterra wrote:
love the wings idea,

Amber Goldleaf myth 50
Amber Moon storm 50

I know! Thats how i feel about the noobs that buy their way into wearing 45 gear. Not cool.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
Amazing graphic, I love the wings and I was kinda wondering if ( I apologize if I need to just make another forum for this but ) If we could gift things we already bought ... Like we could buy two wings, and give one away .... again sorry if i need to make another forum for this, just pitching my idea :)