Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hand-To-Hand Combat In W101

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 19, 2009
I was just thinking, wouldn't it be something, if we could find an enemy hand-to-hand as well? It kind of makes sense, too -- since some of our weapons are swords, axes, hammers, etc.

It would be great, if we could engage an enemy directly with a sword or axe.

You approach an enemy, and you are given the option of Wizard's Duel or Hand-To-Hand, if you have a bladed weapon.

Once it starts, it's just you and that other enemy, until someone wins. If you have a sword, axe, etc, you can directly engage any enemy that is similarly armed.

Otherwise, why do we have anything other than wands and staffs?

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
um... no, this is WIZARD101, not hand2handcombat101
the point of the game is to use MAGIC, hand to hand would most likely distroy that purpose

Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!! I mean, I feel useless just sitting there while my spells do
the dirty work I want two awesome daggers if they like the idea
in point of fact, I was thinking of that yesterday :)

Esmee Hex, lvl 29 death wizard

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
8)
AuroraGriffin wrote:
I was just thinking, wouldn't it be something, if we could find an enemy hand-to-hand as well? It kind of makes sense, too -- since some of our weapons are swords, axes, hammers, etc.

It would be great, if we could engage an enemy directly with a sword or axe.

You approach an enemy, and you are given the option of Wizard's Duel or Hand-To-Hand, if you have a bladed weapon.

Once it starts, it's just you and that other enemy, until someone wins. If you have a sword, axe, etc, you can directly engage any enemy that is similarly armed.

Otherwise, why do we have anything other than wands and staffs?

I for one, think it's a great idea. :?

Explorer
Nov 07, 2008
That is not the point of this game. If you want that go to WOW or something

Defender
Jun 19, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
um... no, this is WIZARD101, not hand2handcombat101
the point of the game is to use MAGIC, hand to hand would most likely distroy that purpose

If not, then they ought to remove the bladed weapons.

It's stupid to have them, if we cannot use them as they are meant to be used, and a tease. There are some really awesome bladed weapons, and they cannot be used as anything other than another kind of wand?

It's silly.

How many people here would actually like to USE their Valor Swords, for example, instead of just waving them at the enemy, like you don't know what a sword is for?

The bladed weapons should be more than just eye candy.

And a hand-to-hand thing would be set up to have all its own magical rules and stuff. It could be just as magical as a regular duel.

We got to think outside the box.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
AuroraGriffin wrote:

If not, then they ought to remove the bladed weapons.

It's stupid to have them, if we cannot use them as they are meant to be used, and a tease. There are some really awesome bladed weapons, and they cannot be used as anything other than another kind of wand?

It's silly.

How many people here would actually like to USE their Valor Swords, for example, instead of just waving them at the enemy, like you don't know what a sword is for?

The bladed weapons should be more than just eye candy.

And a hand-to-hand thing would be set up to have all its own magical rules and stuff. It could be just as magical as a regular duel.

We got to think outside the box.

You do, you swip at them (when using the cards from them) and the magic creates an air slice