Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

TWO PIP START IN BATTLE

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 14, 2009
It happens that when I started Dragenspire( just turned level 42, new Earthquake and Stormzilla, and people are starting with 2 pips! Not 1 lousy power pip, I mean 2 pips, 1 power 1 pip, and sometimes 2 POWER PIPS!!!!! Any one know how, it costs battles sometimes.

Administrator
After level 10, Wizards have a chance at receiving a Power Pip on their turn. This means they can also start a duel with a Power Pip. The higher your Power Pip Percentage, the better chance you have of starting with a Power Pip.

Certain higher level items also give players a starting Pip or a starting Power Pip. Look for items with this bonus.

Players who both have an item that grants a starting Power Pip and a high Power Pip chance will often begin a battle with two Power Pips.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
May 22, 2009
sbs5000 wrote:
It happens that when I started Dragenspire( just turned level 42, new Earthquake and Stormzilla, and people are starting with 2 pips! Not 1 lousy power pip, I mean 2 pips, 1 power 1 pip, and sometimes 2 POWER PIPS!!!!! Any one know how, it costs battles sometimes.

Take a chill pill dude, like me, people have suits and equipment that give them a extra pip in the beginning the game, sometimes it even raises the chances of power pips, therefor, two power pips. Just get some gold and you can buy them at a store.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
If you look at marleybone staffs and higher level, you automatically start the battle with a regular pip. ANY mooshu sword or dragonspyre sword will give you a power pip. You get this bonus ON TOP of the pip your wizard themselves provide. You can if a wand gives this bonus by looking above the wand's card stat. A pip will be a white circle in a box. a Power Pip will be a shiny yellow pip in a box. Hope this helps!

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
sbs5000 wrote:

Wands and swords can give that additional pip or power pip. Starting at level 30, you can buy a staff at the bazzar (or win one in Marleybone as a boss drop) that gives you a free normal pip. Starting at level 40, you can get a boss drop in Moo Shu that is a sword that gives you a free power pip. Swords from Grizzle can also be bought in the bazzar starting at level 45 that give a free power pip.

note: If the Friendship girl isn't gone yet, she has a level 25 crown wand that gives a free pip at level 25 and a crown staff at 45 that give a free power pip.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Starting at level 30, staffs and wands become available that give an additional pip (or powerpip) for the starting round. High level swords also do this.

If you can't find one, check the bazaar.

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
Look, some wands can give you a free pip. I just got a wand from the bazaar and it said 80 Damage and +1 Pip. Look above the spell name and you will see either 1 PP or 1 P. It usually happens after level 30.

-Anthony Redflame Level 32 Necromancer

Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
sbs5000 wrote:

My sister has a wand that gives her an extra pip at the start of each battle. So yeah, as everyone else is saying, there are items that give an extra pip at the start of a battle.

Explorer
Jun 14, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
After level 10, Wizards have a chance at receiving a Power Pip on their turn. This means they can also start a duel with a Power Pip. The higher your Power Pip Percentage, the better chance you have of starting with a Power Pip.

Certain higher level items also give players a starting Pip or a starting Power Pip. Look for items with this bonus.

Players who both have an item that grants a starting Power Pip and a high Power Pip chance will often begin a battle with two Power Pips.

I still don't get it. What does it look like? Is it the purple circle picture?

Administrator
sbs5000 wrote:
I still don't get it. What does it look like? Is it the circle picture?

Young Wizard, perhaps you skipped the tutorial? Pips are described in the starting tutorial, and power pips are explained in Diego's Advanced Combat tutorial that players get a little later on.

You can also find this information in the Players Guide

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Mar 27, 2009
Here's a small tip that might help:

MB Staves: 1 pip: LvL 30: Buy from Bazaar, farm a MB boss
MS Wand: 1 pip: LvL 35: Buy from Bazaar, buy from MS wand shop
MS Staff: 1 pip: LvL 40: Buy from Bazaar, defeat a boss
MS Sword: 1 power pip: LvL 40: Defeat a boss
GH Staff: 1 pip: LvL 40: Do a quest for Hrafn Lorespeaker in Ravenscar
GH Sword, axe, club, and hammer: 1 power pip: LvL 45: Defeat Othin Stormfather till he drops one
DS Staff: 1 pip: LvL 45: Do a quest! (Sry, don't know this one!)
DS Sword V.S. 1: 1 power pip: Buy from Bazaar, defeat a boss
DS Sword V.S. 2: 1 power pip: LvL 45: Defeat a boss

The difference between the DS swords is that V.S. 2 does more damage. Here is some other things!

Dragonfire Staff (I think that's what it's called, it looks like the fire DS staff): 1 power pip: LvL 45: Defeat any kind of boss I guess, one guy told me he got his from Malistaire, my friend got it from defeating The Hoarder
Epic Weapon 1: 1 pip: No LvL required: Buy from Crown Shop
Epic Weapon 2: 1 power pip: LvL 25: Buy from Crown Shop
Epic Weapon 3: 1 power pip: LvL 45: Buy from Crown Shop

Have ANY of these wands, you get a extra pip or power pip at the start of every turn!

Explorer
Jun 14, 2009
Thanks. I went to the bazaar and got a wand that gives me an extra pip.
PS: If you can get that stuff in Marlybone, why didn't I see this before?

Explorer
Jun 14, 2009
I think some people were overreacting about how much I know about the game.
Of course I knew what a power pip looks like. I just didn't know what a extra pip looked like. It was the same feeling I looked at when zeeks boots that he sold before the mounts came out, had "+3% shoe with wings". Once the mounts came out, I learned it was your wizard's speed