Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

KI - what are we supposed to do?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
In so many 4v4 pvp matches our team is getting chain stunned. We don't even have a chance most times to put up a stun block, and even if we did, they way they chain (on person putting on the stun, another removing the shields by using another stun) every round makes it so that we don't even get in one hit the whole match.

Why is this ok? Isn't that cheating? Will you ever do anything about it? I'd really appreciate an answer, as I've spend countless dollars on this game and pvp WAS one of things I enjoyed most about the game.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Josh1128Sh wrote:
In so many 4v4 pvp matches our team is getting chain stunned. We don't even have a chance most times to put up a stun block, and even if we did, they way they chain (on person putting on the stun, another removing the shields by using another stun) every round makes it so that we don't even get in one hit the whole match.

Why is this ok? Isn't that cheating? Will you ever do anything about it? I'd really appreciate an answer, as I've spend countless dollars on this game and pvp WAS one of things I enjoyed most about the game.

Nope, its fair, they put stun block on the game, if i were you i'd get 2 people to put up their own stun shields, while the other 2 dont, this way 2 people will always be able to go a turn ;)

Alex DreamCrafter~ Master Life

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
Josh1128Sh wrote:

I highly doubt KI will ever do anything besides what they have already done for chain stunning. Even though I'm an Ice wizard, with two ways to stun, I NEVER chain stun. So I was really quite unhappy when they added the stun blocks. I honestly HOPE they don't do anything about this.

Now, I'm not meaning to sound mean. I really don't think that chain stunning is right. But, now that I'm hearing what you are saying, I can't imagine the situation you're in. How is that possible? They will eventually run out of pips, or at least out of stunning cards. Plus, if I'm understand what you are saying, you will have at least a turn in between these chain stuns. So, could you maybe explain this better? This has never happened to me before.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
Windlilly wrote:
Josh1128Sh wrote:

<snip>

Now, I'm not meaning to sound mean. I really don't think that chain stunning is right. But, now that I'm hearing what you are saying, I can't imagine the situation you're in. How is that possible? They will eventually run out of pips, or at least out of stunning cards. Plus, if I'm understand what you are saying, you will have at least a turn in between these chain stuns. So, could you maybe explain this better? This has never happened to me before.

You do not get any turn. It is a continual Chain Stun. It does not matter is you have a Stun Block because there is a Double Stun to take off the Stun Block so you can be Stunned again.

In a 4v4 team, Fire (or Myth) will use Choke or Blinding Light. If you did not have a Stun Block, you now have a Stun Block and you are Stunned. If you did have a Stun Block, your Stun Block is taken off.

But - the next Fire (or Myth) in the team Stuns the entire opposing team again. If you had a Stun Block initially, you are now Stunned. For the others, their Stun Blocks are taken off and they were Stunned in the first Stun.

Meanwhile, the Storms (or other attackers) are gathering pips and blades. When they have enough pips, they will Double Lord so that they can damage and Double Stun you at the same time

You are Stunned so you cannot act or cast a spell. They Double Stun again. Again, you are Stunned so you cannot act or cast a spell. This continues for every turn until their attacking teammates defeat your team.

If you were going second, you have not cast a single spell during the entire match.

It may happen that the Double Stuns will fizzle. But it seems to be a rare enough occurrence that this strategy is employed by a number of teams in 4v4 arena.

It does not take long for a team to do this since they do not have to shield. All they need to do is make sure the opposing team is continually Stunned.

Since there is more than one team employing this strategy, it has gotten to be that many players have experienced these Chain Stun matches.

I echo the OP's sentiment. How is this enjoyable when you and your teammates are stunned for an entire duel? This can also be done in 3v3.

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
Josh1128Sh wrote:

hello i am sorry to hear the this is really going on i have been chain stun by maybe the very same team i know alia redbloom is a chain stunner if its right for her to do it its its right for her name to be in this post and its sad ki is gonna let it go on the only thing i can think to say about this is put up with the trash fights and dont let it get to you get your gear if you dont have it and when you do get it go to central and get a fight or a 1000 of them and only play on there where there are rules and you cant be chained and thinking about doing that so much for wizards top 100 best for for that is just to do away with that no need to find out who the top cheater is i am sure everone will know who it is thats the only thing i can think of what to do about this ki will not fix it they did in there mind i guess so its fair for it to go on and o well to anyone that wants to play with skill and not poor game

scot deathhammer grandmaster fire warlord
scot deathhammer grandmaster storm warlord x2
scot deathhammer grandmaster balance warlord
morgrim grandmaster myth warlordx2
scot deathhammer lvl18 ice warlord
kane life noob

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
sar82 wrote:
Josh1128Sh wrote:

hello i am sorry to hear the this is really going on i have been chain stun by maybe the very same team i know alia redbloom is a chain stunner if its right for her to do it its its right for her name to be in this post and its sad ki is gonna let it go on the only thing i can think to say about this is put up with the trash fights and dont let it get to you get your gear if you dont have it and when you do get it go to central and get a fight or a 1000 of them and only play on there where there are rules and you cant be chained and thinking about doing that so much for wizards top 100 best for for that is just to do away with that no need to find out who the top cheater is i am sure everone will know who it is thats the only thing i can think of what to do about this ki will not fix it they did in there mind i guess so its fair for it to go on and o well to anyone that wants to play with skill and not poor game

scot deathhammer grandmaster fire warlord
scot deathhammer grandmaster storm warlord x2
scot deathhammer grandmaster balance warlord
morgrim grandmaster myth warlordx2
scot deathhammer lvl18 ice warlord
kane life noob

Oh my goodness! Please learn to use sentences.

To the OP, it is not cheating if it is part of the rules. It does, however, sound quite frustrating. It seems that everyone needs to go first and chain stun to win 4v4 with the current mechanics.