Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

balance is FAR from cheating

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
Hello all that hate balance. we have a pretty weak school, the only thing that makes it power full is feints and goo clothes. now if you want to win, i know my weakness. if some one hits me with a power full spell i wast my pips healing. and when you put on tower shields we can only get so much out of you guys. no our shields are only 50- so we have weak shields as well. now a note to all my fellow balance, we are NOT cheating. we are doing what every one else does. trying to win. so every one that has a problem learn how to pvp and get over the cheating bit got it? thanks all Sand sword :D

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
i dont think balance is cheating, i just dont like being it, lol, what i do think is cheating is lvl 2 life people that only use wildbolt, pixie, and reshuffle

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
You are right. I mean any school that can always win even with the other person tower shielded needs no adjustments....

(sarcasm)

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
rocketmann wrote:
Hello all that hate balance. we have a pretty weak school, the only thing that makes it power full is feints and goo clothes. now if you want to win, i know my weakness. if some one hits me with a power full spell i wast my pips healing. and when you put on tower shields we can only get so much out of you guys. no our shields are only 50- so we have weak shields as well. now a note to all my fellow balance, we are NOT cheating. we are doing what every one else does. trying to win. so every one that has a problem learn how to pvp and get over the cheating bit got it? thanks all Sand sword :D

WEAK!!!!! it isnt weak. all balance people kill people with judgement in one or two hits! do you call that weak! for the rest of the schools they have to wait like a million turns to get their spells ready! plus balance shields them like crazy so it is like IMPOSSIBLE to kill balance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i say that balance is the third strongest school :?

Delver
May 31, 2009
rozovoeushko wrote:
WEAK!!!!! it isnt weak. all balance people kill people with judgement in one or two hits! do you call that weak! for the rest of the schools they have to wait like a million turns to get their spells ready! plus balance shields them like crazy so it is like IMPOSSIBLE to kill balance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i say that balance is the third strongest school :?

I don`t know about third, since there are more balance players in the top PvP spots than any other class. followed by myth and ice

I have never found my balance characters to be weak at all, my last balance character I got all the way to chelsea court before I died for the first time. Once I have my judgement card its a short trip to warlord.

I don`t know what your doing that makes you think this school is weak, but it is definatly how you play. You are most likely better suited for a different school.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
This is what it comes down to. BALANCE can be beat. I beat them a lot. But the problem is that it takes more skill to beat them then other schools. Even though they can be beat all the schools should be even in some sort. They are over powered.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2009
They don't even need Judgement Getting to Warlord rank at level 20 (yes, even without treasures) while tough, is quite doable. I reached that status and quit leveling intentionally as to keep as much challenge in my matches as I could.

As it stands, only Grand Master Myth, or the better ranked Grands of other schools kill me, or Balance Wizards of lower levels that are using the Feint Card in the combo. With that combo, they come off as a bit more powerful than they should be for their level. Balance has it made during the "thirties" levels. Later, Wizards of other schools start to get the needed health.

Stack up on health, resist, and absorbs if you can. Use minions! -They will cause many Balance to get distracted (even if they shouldn't they do!). And pray they went the tower shield route. If not, Immolate or Sacrifice the feint away asap.

The Feint + Hex + Balanceblade + Bladestorm + Judgement combo Is a very simple "I win" button to make. With say a total of ten pips, and a 20% Boost from gear, it goes past 4000. With a treasure variant card, and a few more power pips, it just gets better.

Few decks can build a combo as tricky to defend as a Judge Death deck. It's time the Lawgiver deal out some true Justice to this, and my guess is through the feint card mechanics rather than Balance. Until then I expect to see this overused play be the one-trick-skittle-unicorn of choice.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Balance is easy to beat if you know how to play them. Usually the best people to beat balance are the ones who have grand warlords in balance, like I do. On my fire grand warlord, I don't lose to balance. Period. If I lose, it means I got unlucky between them going first, at least two fizzles, and just awful selection from my deck.

Conversely, balance is easy to get warlord with, but once you get warlord the competition becomes too good to just be a judgment spammer. You can't tell who is a good balance player and who just rode a very easy class all the way up until you get to overlord. At that point, if they're the latter, they end up getting beaten like they stole something...and it happens alot.

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
Gwendolyn777 wrote:
They don't even need Judgement Getting to Warlord rank at level 20 (yes, even without treasures) while tough, is quite doable. I reached that status and quit leveling intentionally as to keep as much challenge in my matches as I could.

As it stands, only Grand Master Myth, or the better ranked Grands of other schools kill me, or Balance Wizards of lower levels that are using the Feint Card in the combo. With that combo, they come off as a bit more powerful than they should be for their level. Balance has it made during the "thirties" levels. Later, Wizards of other schools start to get the needed health.

Stack up on health, resist, and absorbs if you can. Use minions! -They will cause many Balance to get distracted (even if they shouldn't they do!). And pray they went the tower shield route. If not, Immolate or Sacrifice the feint away asap.

The Feint + Hex + Balanceblade + Bladestorm + Judgement combo Is a very simple "I win" button to make. With say a total of ten pips, and a 20% Boost from gear, it goes past 4000. With a treasure variant card, and a few more power pips, it just gets better.

Few decks can build a combo as tricky to defend as a Judge Death deck. It's time the Lawgiver deal out some true Justice to this, and my guess is through the feint card mechanics rather than Balance. Until then I expect to see this overused play be the one-trick-skittle-unicorn of choice.

Quite easy to counter, though. After you put on all of your blades, I put a Black Mantle on you. Either you do a wand spell and waste all the blades, or you go ahead, with a high chance of fizzle. Of course, you might not fizzle, so again, put on a Tower Shield as late as you can. A Weakness thrown onto you is good too, a Spirit Armor will throw away 400 damage, and Ice Armor will prove you invincible if you have enough pips. About the general subject, Balance is not weak, but it isn't that strong either. Balance is overrated because people think that only Tower Shield can stop Judgment, which is obviously not the case.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
All i can say is, all elements are balanced(including balance).

I mean common people its all fair, its all weak and strong, it all got special characteristics.
Storm: Powerful Attacks
Ice: Very Strong health
Fire: Powerful attacks for three rounds
Myth: Double Crushers
Life: Healing
Death: Life Steal
Balance: Straight Attacks

Survivor
Apr 06, 2009
FireFighter094 wrote:

I mean common people its all fair, its all weak and strong, it all got special characteristics.

He's right, every school has it's ups and downs.
Storm is powerful, but fizzles the most .
Ice has greatest defense, but can hardly attack.
Fire is great at damage over time, but fizzles a lot as well.
Myth gets minions and double attacks, but needs to rely on minions.
Life excels at healing and accuracy, but suffers in terms of strength.
Death may have the ability to steal, but it can take a while to charge up attacks.
Balance is great at offense, but what about defense? (No offense to them) but balance wizards tend to always leave themselves open to attacks and debuffs. They aren't overpowered because if you can hit them while they are charging an attack, they have to stop the attack entirely to either heal or reset.So really, players just need to change tactics.

Defender
May 29, 2009
This powered up judgement hit may work in the lower ranks and lower levels, but it won't work in the higher ranks. I mean GM warlord ranks. By the time you cast all of those blades/traps, your opponent will have put weakness on your (perhaps even stacked with a treasure weakness) and a tower shield (or even a stacked treasure tower).

At the warlord rank, most people will have arena gear so they'll be hovering around the 35-40% resist as well depending on whether their pet gives them resist.

Even with 14 power pips and your mali robe judgment (BB, BS, hex, feint, and 30% damage boost from gear), a single weakness/single tower/arena gear resist will take that damage down to 1580. A lot of damage, sure, but you're left pipless and vulnerable. Pull out a treasure tower which everyone carries these days and you're down to 800 damage.

That's a dent in storm/fire since they have the lowest health, but I can almost guarantee that any fire/storm wiz worth their salt would have already killed you in the 8+ rounds (remember feint and bladestorm will cost you a pip to cast) it took you to fully power up.

Most higher ranking sorcerers no longer play the one shot judgement. It just doesn't work. Success at high ranks means salt and peppering your opponent with damage from spectral blast, clearing shields with hydra, and use judgment for cleanup.

And yes, this is coming from a high ranking balance wizard.

Gwendolyn777 wrote:

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
rozovoeushko wrote:
rocketmann wrote:

Well, now they've released a Balance dispell on the test realm. It costs a training point and is learned from Mildred Falseer.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2009
carterma wrote:
This powered up judgement hit may work in the lower ranks and lower levels, but it won't work in the higher ranks. I mean GM warlord ranks.

I don't believe this is the standard situation the mechanics should be tuned to, do you? Shouldn't it be tuned where 80% of the real play is?

carterma wrote:
with 14 power pips and your mali robe judgment (BB, BS, hex, feint, and 30% damage boost from gear), a single weakness/single tower/arena gear resist will take that damage down to 1580.

This is the best case scenario- and it's moot, because that defense would shut down all kinds of spells except double-strike "Orthrus" types, so it's as redundant as saying 'a solid defense is solid'.

carterma wrote:
a dent in storm/fire since they have the lowest health, but I can almost guarantee that any fire/storm wiz worth their salt would have already killed you in the 8+ rounds it took you to fully power up.

Ridiculous: A. Just use your example from above about weakness/resist.etc. And B. They aren't killing me now in that many rounds at level 25, (arena gear/shields).

carterma wrote:
Most higher ranking sorcerers no longer play the one shot judgement. It just doesn't work. Success at high ranks means salt and peppering your opponent with damage from spectral blast, clearing shields with hydra, and use judgment for cleanup.

Agreed, and this is why I said Balance wizards "have it made" in the 30-40 level bracket. After this, play style needs tuning.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2009
Umrag wrote:
Quite easy to counter, though. After you put on all of your blades, I put a Black Mantle on you. Either you do a wand spell and waste all the blades, or you go ahead, with a high chance of fizzle.

Quite easy to counter-counter: any shields, traps, another blade, excetera will do the trick.

Umrag wrote:
Of course, you might not fizzle, so again, put on a Tower Shield as late as you can. A Weakness thrown onto you is good too, a Spirit Armor will throw away 400 damage,

The point being, if you are caught in any round without these critical defense elements in place, you are most likely dead.

Umrag wrote:
Ice Armor will prove you invincible if you have enough pips.

Kind of rare card, and it works on everything but health steals, so it's nothing specific to balance, and since most schools without a Pierce or health steals just have to suck it up and deal the damage, I submit that the Judge Death deck can shred ice absorb faster than most. Shaved Ice anyone? Snow cones! Who wants Snow Cones!

Umrag wrote:
people think that only Tower Shield can stop Judgment, which is obviously not the case.

...and in many cases entirely untrue.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2009
Umrag wrote:
Well, now they've released a Balance dispell on the test realm. It costs a training point and is learned from Mildred Falseer.

Yes, and it has been discussed elsewhere that it is merely a speed bump as are most Balance defenses.

I'm keen on my opponents spending a training point on this (did I mention Balance gets it too, but free at level 22?), putting it in their deck instead of other cards, and spending 2 pips to cast this on me, in what is otherwise a sure thing Black Mantle, which if you have been following along, is quite simple to remove.

There are people willing to do this with no bribes involved??

Yes Please!

Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
rocketmann wrote:
hear hear but no one has ever yelled at me for being balance

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
Gwendolyn777 wrote:
Umrag wrote:

Yes, and it has been discussed elsewhere that it is merely a speed bump as are most Balance defenses.

I'm keen on my opponents spending a training point on this (did I mention Balance gets it too, but free at level 22?), putting it in their deck instead of other cards, and spending 2 pips to cast this on me, in what is otherwise a sure thing Black Mantle, which if you have been following along, is quite simple to remove.

Yes Please!

I dont think you understand what dispels do. Say i was on my myth and i was first against a balance warlord judgement spammer, if they were at full pips with the balanceblade+bladestorm+feint+hex combo and i was to put a dispel on s/he while i was first and they were to use judgement the same round. They would lose all pips and i would be left without a scratch. I am so glad they are bringing this into the game, now those judgement spammers will get massacred in the arena.

Historian
May 15, 2009
77296 wrote:
Gwendolyn777 wrote:
Umrag wrote:

Yes Please!

I dont think you understand what dispels do. Say i was on my myth and i was first against a balance warlord judgement spammer, if they were at full pips with the balanceblade+bladestorm+feint+hex combo and i was to put a dispel on s/he while i was first and they were to use judgement the same round. They would lose all pips and i would be left without a scratch. I am so glad they are bringing this into the game, now those judgement spammers will get massacred in the arena.

this is merely a "speed bump" as said before by another
Balance WILL find a way around the dispel

Explorer
Oct 12, 2009
77296 wrote:
Gwendolyn777 wrote:
Umrag wrote:

Yes Please!

I'm balance and I have problems with the judgement spammers!

Now i know what you might be thinking-me vs another balance in a race to see who can build up the most pips and get all the buffs in for judgement.

Even witha 30 percent resist i still get killed

since judgement can be used any time i only use it when i need to pick off that little itty bitty bit of health in a battle.

Say a monster or a opponet in pvp has about 240 health left.
Also say i got one power pip on that same turn.

since the power pip totals it to 200 and the boost from my clothes are added, it goes to a say 260?

thats my cue to use judgement, judgement spammers are obviously people with NO SKILL at all.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
Hi. I am a level 38 fire wizard in the negative rankings. I have ways of beating the Judge.

Its as simple as, if you are fire, first shield from storm, in case they bolt for any reason. They will probably use balance blade or shield. For the rest of the battle just steal charm when they blade and immolate when they trap. I would suggest steal charm maxed out in your deck as with immolate if you want to beat them in this way.

Hunter Thunderdust, level 38, in the negative rankings

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
i dont think balance is cheating, i just dont like being it, lol, what i do think is cheating is lvl 2 life people that only use wildbolt, pixie, and reshuffle

That isn't cheating, because it's in the rules. And it's easy to beat! Just shield until you have a bunch of pips and one or two hit them!

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
FireFighter094 wrote:

thank you for finally saying something good for ice :)

Explorer
Apr 12, 2010
lol if you want to beat balance, then use a bunch of wild bolts, storm lords and tritons. In other words, be storm. :) or just be balance and ice... good shields, judgement and super nova....

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
i have gotten so fed up with hearing people complain and whine and gripe and kvetch about judgement and balance in general that i sort of turned traitor (sorry guys, at least these other whining guys won't complain anymore
:-) ~ ??? ??). like i was saying, i have created a guide to beating balance wizards. it is on the first three or four pages of the pvp section, and is called "once and for all" by FoxFyr.

?y?o?u? ?w?i?l?l? ?r?e?a?d? ?i?t?
/