Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life or Myth.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 31, 2009
What do you think is better, Life or Myth?. I think with Myth you can summon minnons and with Life you can cure yourself.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
I like both but i heard that you get harder quests for life but here are some pros and cons:

MYTH

Pros
-Many good minions
-double attacks to get past one shield
-can get around shields with pierce and earthquake

Cons
Attacks somewhat weak
somewhat low power pip chance
a little below average accouracy

LIFE

Pros
-Heal a lot
-Great health
-Amazing accuracy
-Good power pip chance

Cons
Mainly healing spells, occasional attacks
No move that attacks all
Strongest move centaur, however does only around 500-600 damage
Get blade at a late lvl
Must spend one training point to get life trap

(Hey Guys! Missed me? :D I am just editing my message, I am NOT renewing my sub. I know all you people who like me want to see me again. So I am going to all my posts (that are still up) and going to tell you that I am on a new site called Kongregate. My username is DrOctaganapus2. It is a picture with a red man in it. I am on almost every day so if you still want to contact me, just add me on Kon.)

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Defender
Jul 01, 2008
Life - if you are a better helper (as in healer) than an attacker.

Myth - if you enjoy working solo (including 1v1) with the help of a minion, and if you are a better attacker than a helper (as in healer).

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Spending a training point for Life Trap? I got my Life Trap free from the trainer in Colossus Blvd. I did use a training point for Spirit Trap from Niles at the Krokosphinx.

Life also has more health than myth--not that I think one is better than the other. Whether someone likes one school better than another is determined by their playing style.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
Hi i think myth its batter than life cause life minion its not a good one and myth have four minions that are strongest and myth break shields so life dont have spells that attack all monster so i'm goin with myth, myth rocks

Seth Shadowflame lvl50 myth

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Myth is also a challenge, getting high damage requires you to use 2 traps on the multi-attack spells. Don't use hydra as a balance excuse cause you have the triple trap and blade.(Forgot it's name.)

Survivor
Jun 29, 2010
Well i have a grand Life and I hate it. I constantly get mobbed by people asking for help and it hard to keep up. Though the high health is nice The attacks are to weak. I mean a level third ty three spell is your best attack which can be strong with blades but still. I also have a Adept myth and I have to say i love it. The minions are actually quite helpful. But it's your choice. Thanks for reading this long and pointless post :D

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
You don't have to use 2 traps for your double hit spells to do more damage. Just use Time of Legend. It's the global field spell that works as a constant trap. Just use that and you wont have to waste your time trapping. I never trap because of Time of Legend. Myth wizards don't need traps unless they are going to ninja pig. In which case I would let my cyclops or troll minion trap for me.

Just blade and time of legend. Forget the myth trap.

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
I like both but i heard that you get harder quests for life but here are some pros and cons:

MYTH

Pros
-Many good minions

Cons
Attacks somewhat weak

LIFE

Pros
-Heal a lot
-Great health
-Amazing accuracy
-Good power pip chance

Cons
No move that attacks all
Get blade at a late lvl
The pro about the blade is that it does 40% instead of 35%!

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
A con about earthquake is that it also kills your traps and and stuff like weakness! But my favorite is life because I'm not that big on minions, and also that second attack thing is that it gets around the traps too. Life can also heal your self so you can probably last longer than most schools!

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
Well, it realy depends if you want to solo the game or play support. I have a lvl 42 life wizard and I liked it in the lower levels of the game because my dad and my sister played with me. Now, though, my family doesn't play and I find it harder because life doesn't have that many damage cards. :(

Abigail Spiritrider

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Here's somethings to look into for your School of choice.

Do you like to spend time healing others?
Do you like attacking things?

If like attacking things, I think you would want to pick Myth, or any other that requires more attacking then healing. If you like healing then go life, obviously.

Some people say Myth is kinda like Balance. " It takes a Nak to use them before you grow bored with them.

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010

MYTH

Pros
-Many good minions

Cons
Attacks somewhat weak

LIFE

Pros
-Heal a lot
-Great health
-Amazing accuracy
-Good power pip chance

Cons
No move that attacks all
Get blade at a late lvl

all schools have the same pip chance other than that they are very different schools

Defender
May 29, 2009
I choose Myth cuz that was my first character. This is my Venn Diagram though:

Myth:
Pros:
Good minions (except for minotaur that one is self-absorbed)
Very powerful
Orthrus quest is awesome becuz its sort of funny and I do homework
Cons:
Sort of weak
Not a lot of health
Earthquake destroys traps

Weirdly Life is my second character

Life:
Pros:
Good at healing
Good at fighting alone
Useful skills
Cons:
Not a lot of attacks
Aslo sort of weak
Not very defended

Caroline Dawnrunner, lvl 48 Master Conjurer, Master of Monsters, Private
Rebecca Duskglade, lvl 23 Adept Theurgist, Junior Archeologist, Private

Explorer
Apr 28, 2010
Life is very good a school I am a Grandmaster Life myself. Sometimes I do wish Life had bigger attacks or I would have taken storm as second but i got some tips for Life wizards that use centaur as the big attack and seperate tips for Life wizards with Storm for second.
Centaur as attack:
1- Must be at least level 40 or higher or have done at least the Zeke quests up to Mooshu for this to work: First get any deck that has at least 4 Life copies.
2- Use your training points for Death School up to Feint, the Spirit Blade and Trap from Niles, the Balance Tree in the Krokosphinx Isle and Reshuffle from the secret trainer in Colossus Boulevard in a house in a tunnel near Mindy Pixiecrown NOTE: Leave reshuffle for the last spell so you get the more important ones first.
3-First stack up at least 2 of each type of blade or trap you got (Life Blade, Life Trap, Feint, Spirit Trap, Spirit Blade).
4- Then stack up 2 or 3 Centaur on deck and put on the Centaur amulet or the Grandmaster Life robe Malistaire's Purgatory Coat to have an amplified Centaur.
5- And finally add your best heals. If you are level 48 or higher and have every Life Spell put Rebirth, Satyr and Dryad.
Using Storm as second.
1- Must be level 50 and have done all of Zeke's quests for this to work: First get a big deck.
2- Use your training points for all of Halston Baelstrom's spells, then Dworgyn's spells up to Feint, then the spells from Niles depend: if you use Storm as a supporter but not primary attack then get Spirit Blade and Trap but if you use Storm as the primary attack then get Spirit and Elemental Blade.
3- First stack up all your buffs at least 2 or 3 copies of each
4- Then stack Centaur and Stormzilla at least 2 or 3 copies of each, it is also useful to have your Grandmaster Life gear at least the robe to have the bigger Centaur,
5- And finally stack up some heals, scroll up to see what I recomend.

Explorer
Jan 24, 2010
Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
markkraeger wrote:
What do you think is better, Life or Myth?. I think with Myth you can summon minnons and with Life you can cure yourself.

Though myth is very good with attacks and minions i gotta go with life. Life lasts longer and has absorb....though the attacks are weak. Also they are pretty good in pvp being the source of all health in your team. LIFE IS THE WAY TO GO :D

Monica Windrider (Lvl 40 life)

Defender
Dec 21, 2008

MYTH

Pros
-Many good minions

Cons
Attacks somewhat weak

LIFE

Pros
-Heal a lot
-Great health
-Amazing accuracy
-Good power pip chance

Cons
No move that attacks all
Get blade at a late lvl

Well, the myth pip chance is actually as same as the elemental schools. The only schools that have a huge power pip chance are death, life and balance I think. Rest are 70% like myth at grand. And at legendary, I think it is 82.

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
I say myth cause if you can use one right, you can cause of SERIOUS damage! And our minions heal us, keep us alive, buff us, and drag attention off of us(minotaur minion). Also, I see some people work so hard for the right blades, right when they about to launch a one hit kill, I earthquake! I do not even bother to weakness unless he got no blades or something like that. MYTH ALL THE WAY!

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
yovanee wrote:
Hi i think myth its batter than life cause life minion its not a good one and myth have four minions that are strongest and myth break shields so life dont have spells that attack all monster so i'm goin with myth, myth rocks

Seth Shadowflame lvl50 myth

i found out as i leveled up my minion cast higher level healing spells
at first it always cast fairy but now it casts satyr
although it does have awful attaks
and it casts life trap to