Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

reportable or not

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
Ok with the whole problem of chain stunning and the use of a cheat engine I want to know the simple answer to this

Is it a reportable offense to continually chain stun or use a cheat engine in pvp

Survivor
May 05, 2009
About this I do not know HOW someone would stun you over and over as when you ARE stunned you get a "Stun Shield" preventing you from being stunned again so this is likley a glitch/bug but if they are running cheat engine that is technically classified under "Hacking" so yes cheat engine is reportable.

David IceTalon Level 49 Storm

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
jck96 wrote:
About this I do not know HOW someone would stun you over and over as when you ARE stunned you get a "Stun Shield" preventing you from being stunned again so this is likley a glitch/bug but if they are running cheat engine that is technically classified under "Hacking" so yes cheat engine is reportable.

David IceTalon Level 49 Storm

First off a cheat engine? what is that? By guessing on name people are hacking to boast accuracy or something, if so there are a TON of people that bolt in pvp that have like 70/+ accuracy all the time

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
foulsteel wrote:
Ok with the whole problem of chain stunning and the use of a cheat engine I want to know the simple answer to this

Is it a reportable offense to continually chain stun or use a cheat engine in pvp

Chain Stunning can be done very easily. Myth and Fire with their Stuns, and Storm and Ice with there 7 pip spells, can keep a team stunned for the entire match.

I have seen this done many times.

As for being reportable. No it is not. Read the FAQ for what is reportable and what is not.

As for a cheat engine. How can you tell if a wizard is using such a thing?

I have been accused of using this "Cheat Engine" when I lived after being hit with damage that should have killed me, when in fact I have never used any type of hack or cheat.

My point is many wizards say there is a way to cheat using a "Cheat Engine", but in my experience, there are no "Cheats", just Bugs.

The fact is there are really no rules in war. If the spell can be cast, then it's ok to do so.

Unless Wizard101 changes the game play, removing the ability to perform an action, then the action will be seen in the arena.

Learn from your experiences and become a better dueler.

And all in all have fun.

Zachary FireDust

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
tdg30 wrote:
foulsteel wrote:

Chain Stunning can be done very easily. Myth and Fire with their Stuns, and Storm and Ice with there 7 pip spells, can keep a team stunned for the entire match.

As for being reportable. No it is not. Read the FAQ for what is reportable and what is not.

I have been accused of using this "Cheat Engine" when I lived after being hit with damage that should have killed me, when in fact I have never used any type of hack or cheat.

My point is many wizards say there is a way to cheat using a "Cheat Engine", but in my experience, there are no "Cheats", just Bugs.

The fact is there are really no rules in war. If the spell can be cast, then it's ok to do so.

Unless Wizard101 changes the game play, removing the ability to perform an action, then the action will be seen in the arena.

And all in all have fun.

Zachary FireDust
Ok is it just me that notices all the language around the spiral, especially in the pvp lobby? Some people are talking the most crude and ignorant things in a manner that all these people without open chat can read and understand!
It all seems to have something to do with chain stun this or chain stun that. Whats the point of a stun anyway? Can a match be won without it? Storm lord doesnt need stun to hurt BAD. Frostgiant dont need a stun to hurt BAD! It seems to me that if stuns whatsoever were taken from the game, it would be a more kid friendly place. The arena after match fights would come to a low rumble instead of the name calling, FIT throwing, curse party that it is right now. Are we thinking of the kids or has KI forgotten them. Remove stun and the biggest part of the cursing and all around unhappyness that goes on in the arena lobby would be GONE. Win without a stun seems like a no brainer. Besides the cursing and fighting wont stop until the stuns are no more. KI BRING THIS GAME BACK TO ITS FORMER GLORY REMOVE STUNS ENTIRELY!

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
Theres is no need to remove stuns becuase the spells are to be used in battle agianst enemy to not just pvp so if you remove stun its just means nothing out of pvp and about the cursing i agree take all that away ppl have found diff ways to curse in the game and some ppl think open chat is to curse and its not some kids lie about there age just to get open chat. and chain stun is kinda not fair cause you just want a win

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
in response to JarkoRuus

Yes people curse and need to grow up. But Ice giant cant do much without a TOTAL PREP! which takes a span of about 10 rounds for a 4v4 or 3v3. And by then you are dead, or they have shields on. The storm lord I agree with, and the chain stunning, i did a 4v4 my team ice life fire and a storm. vs 2 deaths an ice and a life. This was before stun block. W got owned we couldnt keep up without chain stunning us. I believe we DID use a chain stun of 2 rounds at max, but it often fizzled.

AND if stun if removed, Wild bolt should be first. I see level 19 or less people(mainly life people with a satyr pet, which is unfair btw) Using only shields, wildbolt, healing, and a storm wand to take of any shields. So not fair especially in a 1v1 or 2v2

Defender
Jun 03, 2009
I have a question I was in a match last night agaist to myth wizards I using my balance grand and my friend his life grand it started out well we got hit with earthquake a few times not really a problem however I judged and killed the stronger of the to twice and she did not die all of the sudden it was like we had missed two turns and she was back at full health and we saw NO rebirth played and we had put infection on the other guy before hand. I then asked them how can that be she was dead he used a tiny heal on her 50/300 over 3 rounds my partner killed her with wand hit she had only 58 health and they told us she had special cloaked tower shields that were INVISIBLE and she had to on when I killed her I happen to know when a tower is made by cloak it is NOT invisible it shows and looks like black mantle. Sorry for long post but wanted you to know exactly what took place.
Hers is the question is it possible they were useing some kind of cheat and I don't mean an invisable shield made by cloak or any other way.
Thanks for reading please if you have seen this let the players and myself know thank you

Hero
May 19, 2009
No you cannot get reported for either of the 2, the cheat engine in no way harms actual gameplay so there is nothing wrong with it. You cannot use it to effect actual gameplay other then increasing your character speed, but you are the only person who will notice it.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
Cheat engine? Plz, you need to learn more how Chain stuns work, They just get keen eyes or sniper and just go to Unicorn way and Put Keen Eyes, Accurate, Or Snipe on Stun, and a treasure card is made, And when there done, they put all the stun treasure cards In deck With 90% Accuracy (If their grand) +10%= 100% With treasure stun, So they can never fizzle.

Tanner Skullrider

Level 50 Fire.

Defender
May 09, 2009
JarkoRuus wrote:
tdg30 wrote:
foulsteel wrote:

And all in all have fun.

Zachary FireDust
Ok is it just me that notices all the language around the spiral, especially in the pvp lobby? Some people are talking the most crude and ignorant things in a manner that all these people without open chat can read and understand!
It all seems to have something to do with chain stun this or chain stun that. Whats the point of a stun anyway? Can a match be won without it? Storm lord doesnt need stun to hurt BAD. Frostgiant dont need a stun to hurt BAD! It seems to me that if stuns whatsoever were taken from the game, it would be a more kid friendly place. The arena after match fights would come to a low rumble instead of the name calling, FIT throwing, curse party that it is right now. Are we thinking of the kids or has KI forgotten them. Remove stun and the biggest part of the cursing and all around unhappyness that goes on in the arena lobby would be GONE. Win without a stun seems like a no brainer. Besides the cursing and fighting wont stop until the stuns are no more. KI BRING THIS GAME BACK TO ITS FORMER GLORY REMOVE STUNS ENTIRELY!

why should they remove stuns? all they do is make you pass for 1 turn. even then they can only stun so much if its a stun all spell card. the only way was if you had 2 people with lots of those treasure cards and had them in their deck. that way they one stuns and the other gets rid of the shield. that way the second time round they still get stuned.

as for storm lord and frost giant. they are lvl 48 spells and are mostly meant for dragonspire fights and fights against other high lvls. it makes no sense to revert them to weaker spells and take away their stuns. at lvl 48 your almost grand master so you should have powerfull spells cause you have stronger monsters to fight.

as for all the swearing in open chat i totally agree it makes the game less fun and people abuse it. i went into a fight where their where already 3 thus max monsters i couldnt add anymore but one of them got really upset. and he keept calling the person next to me noob and yelling abuse at him. and the person next to him in the first circle was calling this other one noob and saying insults. finally after the battle was done i said they got some serious problems because they didnt seem to know that this game is full of kids and meant for fun not throwing abuse at 5 year olds. the txt chat is good and the open chat is ok if people didnt abuse it. but this happens so much i'm starting to think everyone should be switched to menu chat for a month just to see how it is not to be able to say whats on you mind. that might make them think about what their saying if they dont then people sould start reporting more. (as long as its true and not a false report)